Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Just heard a heartbroken woman on the radio. Her 10 year old jack russell has gone missing. His name is Paddy Keogh and he is from Limerick. He will answer to Paddy. Hope someone finds him:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I live in Howth and over the last few months quite a lot of dogs have "gone missing" I know of one dog that was found wandering around The Naul with a makeshift collar on him (not his original) he had been seen being put into a van a few days previous. I've heard of a few other dogs found around this area, I'm not jumping to conclusions but it appears that there is a halting site around the area and for anyone who has lost a dog around the Dublin area, it might be an idea to check it out or have the guards check it out. Hope this helps people find their beloved pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Max is a Blue Great Dane, he was stolen Feb 14th in the UK and is believed to be in Ireland. He's 3yrs old, blue with a white flash between his fore legs, not neutered so may be being used to breed. He is microchipped- no. 958000001113069. Chances are perhaps a travelling family have him.

Contacts are:
    sharyn@capitalcabs.co.uk
    LizGreatDaneCare@aol.com
    sully@sullyworld.co.uk

There is a reward out for this guy and the owners are distraught and have posted a letter to EVERY vet in Ireland.

Can everyone who knows Danes or has Danes etc, please spead the word. Or if you recently aquired a Blue adult, please get it to a Vet for a chip check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Just heard a heartbroken woman on the radio. Her 10 year old jack russell has gone missing. His name is Paddy Keogh and he is from Limerick. He will answer to Paddy. Hope someone finds him:(

Paddy Keogh has been found :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

lucylu wrote: »
    Paddy Keogh has been found :-)
    Aw thats great:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Found - Golden Labrador (I think) he was dodging traffic on the N11 just by the radison. Obviously kept very well, in good condition.

Can anyone else tell me who I should contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

if you check with a local vet they can see if the dogs microchipped and thus find the owner. Or ring the DSPCA - http://www.dspca.ie/

star-pants wrote: »
    if you check with a local vet they can see if the dogs microchipped and thus find the owner. Or ring the DSPCA - http://www.dspca.ie/

Cheers, they dont do a weekend service but I left a message. He is having the time of his life with my two female dogs and has been nicknamed dodge.

engrish? wrote: »
    Found - Golden Labrador (I think) he was dodging traffic on the N11 just by the radison. Obviously kept very well, in good condition.

Can anyone else tell me who I should contact?

I think the owner has come forward, I have asked them to send me a photo to prove that its him. I'll be sad to see him go to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Well done for taking him in and looking after him:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Crossposted from PI

'In the last hour or so my sisters two dog have gone missing in the Glasnevin area. They are not use to being out without leads so need to be found ASAP. They are a male westie and a female Redsetter. Please if anyone has any info contact Martina on 086 3969360'

Mods: Martina is part of Celtic Animal Lifeline and her mob no. is readily accessible on the net so she won't mind it being postedbut edit if you see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Wouldn't normally post these here but time may be of the essence.

Just got a call from a distraught friend to let me know that her sister's white West Highland Terrier and Red Setter went missing today in Cedarwood Glasnevin, Dublin 11. The Westie is male and the Setter is female. If anyone has spotted them they can PM me or leave a message on the site in my sig - thanks.

Update
    Red Setter has just been found down at Croke Park - obviously a die-hard U2 fan. West Highland Terrier still AWOL.

Well done for taking him in and looking after him:)

Thanks. Dodge was picked up tonight by his owners who on seeing him got teary eyed and were all over him with attention while the dog weed himself with excitement. To be honest, part of me didnt want to find the owners cos he was so nice but seeing the reunion made me feel like a good person. Hopefully he doesnt get out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Toulouse wrote: »
    Crossposted from PI

'In the last hour or so my sisters two dog have gone missing in the Glasnevin area. They are not use to being out without leads so need to be found ASAP. They are a male westie and a female Redsetter. Please if anyone has any info contact Martina on 086 3969360'

Mods: Martina is part of Celtic Animal Lifeline and her mob no. is readily accessible on the net so she won't mind it being postedbut edit if you see fit.

Red Setter found at U2 and the Westie wandered in at 4.30am this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JoJo1404

JoJo1404 wrote: »
    UPDATE:

She was seen being put into the back of a 06D black Passat on Tuesday evening. They pulled up outside our next door neighbours drive. From what we've been told it didn't look like he tired to take the male, only the female. Very nervous person with a dark pony tail.

Have all the cameras in the area sourced now and have the time down to half an hour, between 4.40 and 5.10 PM. Guards are working with us too to find her and just waiting on video footage to be downloaded.

Car came from the Raheny direction and drove off heading towards the coast road. Could have turned into Kilbarrack from the Howth Road or gone onto the Coast road...

REUINITED!!!

We got out dog back on Tuesday afternoon.
    She was found up in the Curragh in Kildare. Long way from Raheny!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rdow

IN GALWAY CITY

I found an all black kitten, (not sure of the breed but s/he's short haired) with a very distinctive blue collar and bell, in the Ballybrit Industrial Estate, Galway. He's very thin so he may be lost for some time now.

I have seen him the past few days, unfortunately only at lunch time so I couldnt take him in, but he's still around the area. Last seen yesterday approx 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Drew_Kate

Just to let you know I have set up a website www.lostdogs.ie with two other dog lovers for lost and found dogs where pictures can be uploaded and also where dogs can be rehomed - if anyone is kind enough to take on a dog.

With so many stolen dogs being reported it is also a good idea to check out www.lostdogs.ie if anyone is offered a dog for sale - which may in fact be a stolen dog.

Kate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

Dog found - Limerick

Male, un neutered labradoodle type dog found in South Circular Rd area.
    In good condition, friendly with people but scared of other dogs.
    Is good and knows sit, stay.
    I am unable to keep him here so if anyone can offer a foster home please contact me here.
    I won't be able to keep him for even tonight!
    Marley003.jpg
    Marley002.jpg
    Marley001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Hi there,

A budgie type bird flew into my Garden in Ranelagh last night:

87064.jpg

If anyone lost a budgie last night in Ranelagh give me a PM - we're looking after him for the time being - he seemed thirsty but seems to like white bread & sun flower seeds.

Anyone have a spare cage!? He's living in a "modified" bin at the mo (one of the good sized dunnes store bathroom open top ones with all the perforated holes around it - plenty of air/light, but it seems less than perfect for him wandering around)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

he has been hangin about all day and has no collar.

very well kept and well trained.

dont want to call the pound. But he cant stay here.

qXjB7XgR.jpeg

PM *snip no personal numbers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Our cat has gone missing, his name is Bilbo, normally a very close to home cat, has never ever gone missing before, you could time your watch to him.
    Went out sunday evening and hasnt been seen since.
    We live in Esker Hills Portlaoise, here is some pictures.
    Please please please PM if you see him or have him, we miss him very much and have 2 year old calling for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

King charles cavalier, missing from Lucan since Sunday 3rd August

Black and brown in colour wearing blue collar with no tag, timid

Childs pet greatly missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thatdaden

Small black and white cat has been living in my fron garden for the past few days. He is a male and very small for a cat. He has unusual markings on his face. A black mark that looks like a tash. We named him Adolf. He is very nervous and wont come into house. A neighbour said he seen a missing poster in the area but I cant find it now. I am in the Terenure area. I dont think I would be able to put him in the car to bring him to vets. Someone may be missing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My dog was stole this evening in Bunclody, Co. Wexford. He is about 12/13 weeks old and he answers to Duke. He is a golden Labrador very pale in colour and is extremely friendly(with kids especially) He is microchipped and registerd. I can be contacted by pm anytime and a reward is offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

Lost in Cedarbrook, Parkwest August 7th. 1yr old tabby like cat with striped paws and large ears. Timid. Much loved family pet.....if anyone sees her, could you please let me know:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

Sorry I don't know where that is but I saw this ad about a cat found on the 7th.

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/95/43489795.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

He's back.:D:D:D

My mate was offered a dog this morning on the cheap. He told the guy trying to sell it to him to come back later on in the day because he had to go to the bank and get the money. He came back later and was greeted by me, a guard and a vet who found the microchip in his back and confirmed he was mine. Seller taken away and i am pressing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

super-rush wrote: »
    He's back.:D:D:D

My mate was offered a dog this morning on the cheap. He told the guy trying to sell it to him to come back later on in the day because he had to go to the bank and get the money. He came back later and was greeted by me, a guard and a vet who found the microchip in his back and confirmed he was mine. Seller taken away and i am pressing charges.

Nice work. Is this dog stealing a common thing?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

So this cat rocked up in my back garden on Sunday night. It won't stop miowing, literally non stop since Sunday night. I've seen it going through the garden a few times in the last few months so I think it lives locally. Is used to people and being indoors. Stops miaowing if I let it in but still won't settle.
    It's sort of grey/brown colour with black stripes down it's back. Pretty sure it's a female too. Don't really want to take it to the pound but we can't keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

Thanks for replying, I saw that ad as well.....looks very like her, but not her sadly

Advertisement