Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Found today in hartstown road Dub 15 he was in the middle of the road not safe crossing a couple of times.
    Picked up and asked the people around nobody knows him.
    Tomorrow I'll check for microchip, he has no tag on the collar.
    Friendly, a bit scared.
    Male not neutered.

thanks

OWNER FOUND

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

From a friends facebook wall, "Found a dog in sandyford/leopardstown near vodafone if anyone is missing a husky that you know. She has now taken a vantage point on top of the boot in my car."

64143_10151577940985544_818282859_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Can you post this to Lors Lost Dogs fb page?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

Johnny is a 1 and a half year old black and white male cat. He is very friendly and playful. He has been missing since 22/08/13. We live near the Grand Canal and The Gasworks Pub, Dublin. If you have found this cat or have any information about him please reply to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_Acz4L2v4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3B3jsZ-4hw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

JNGWAN4l.jpg

Our little short haired black cat has been missing from home for almost three weeks now. She is an indoor cat that was spooked and bolted. We have spotted her since but could not catch her. We believe she is still in the Lough Conn Road/Drumfin/Rossmore area of Ballyfermot and if spotted please contact me here.
    She is very timid and is rather small for a 2 year old cat. She's the sweetest thing tho and we miss her very much. I have posts up on other lost/found websites also but on the off chance that someone from the area sees this here please keep a lookout for us, even if not a happy ending. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Hi all.
    This little guy arrived in my back garden (Grantstown in Waterford) this evening (Friday 6th) with her lead still attached, so perhaps she just got away from her owner? Anyway, she's about a year old, very friendly and I'm already hearing a chorus of "Can we keep her dad pleeeease? so if anyone knows her owner PLEASE let me know.
    021.jpg
    023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

FOUND... Male, unneutered yellow labrador. Wearing collar. No tag or microchip. Slightly underweight. Very friendly. Not housetrained (as I found out quite quickly lol).
    Found straying on busy road in ramsgrange, co wexford..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Teresa kirkham

I am missing 2 yorkies since 4 pm on Monday 9 th sept . One male and one female , both microchipped with collars and I'd tags . Missing from lyrattin , ballinamult co Waterford . Tel <snip> with any information .

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

teggers5 wrote: »
    FOUND... Male, unneutered yellow labrador. Wearing collar. No tag or microchip. Slightly underweight. Very friendly. Not housetrained (as I found out quite quickly lol).
    Found straying on busy road in ramsgrange, co wexford..

Dog collected by owner today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Small brown dog with blue harness found in Corkagh Park tonight at about 7.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

1year old tabby cat missing from ballybricken area in Waterford. not from ballybricken so he's probably running around scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

King Charles missing from Ballybricken area.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

1009909_10151553119486580_1844509969_n.jpg

These two went missing in the Swords area, black lab x boxer (Snooze) and boxer (Zoomer). Boxer is microchipped. Please keep an eye out for them :)

These two went missing in the Swords area, black lab x boxer (Snooze) and boxer (Zoomer). Boxer is microchipped. Please keep an eye out for them
    Put up on Lors Lost Dogs facebook page and also Ashton Dog Pound fb page too. Hope you get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

A beautiful all grey, smooth haired male kitten was left to our door by a man who said he pulled the kitten out of a hedge near our house, Killinarden Hill / Tallaght area. I have enquired locally but we don't have many neighbours and nobody owns him so apart from the notice we put up in the local shop, this is my last resort!

He's used to handling and is very affectionate and the purr is deafening! He's too young to be neutered but I will take him to the vet on Monday to check for a microchip, although I won't be holding my breath. I will try to get a couple of photos for you and hope for the best. I have cats myself and an elderly, unwilling to change dog who all find it difficult to accept newcomers so it's unlikely that I can keep him myself. He's such a lovely little creature though and so nice with it that he would make someone out there a really great friend.

Thanks all.

Paso Fino wrote: »

These two went missing in the Swords area, black lab x boxer (Snooze) and boxer (Zoomer). Boxer is microchipped. Please keep an eye out for them :)

They have been found, hopefully no more "going for an exciting adventure!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Paso Fino wrote: »
    They have been found, hopefully no more "going for an exciting adventure!"

Did they stick together? That's nice to know, if they did.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Did they stick together? That's nice to know, if they did.

They did indeed, which was very fortunate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doyle78

Tonight a man knocked on our front door to ask if we knew a terrier that he had come across while driving. Someone driving on the Navvy Bridge in Arklow hit and killed her and didn't stop.

My OH went out and picked her up off the road, she is now in our shed. She is wearing a blue leather collar. She has no tag. She is obviously well cared for, and well loved.

If you own her, or know anyone who might, can you please get in contact with me on here so she can be returned to her rightful owners. I know that someone will be missing her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Poor little mite, and a lovely act of kindness to take her in off the road.
    OP, would you be good enough to bring her to your nearest vet to get her scanned for a microchip? If she's chipped and registered, you'll access her owner in no time.
    They may even recognise her at the vets.
    But if no owner comes forward, they'll be able to take care of her little body too.

Thanks DBB, I would hope that someone might show the same respect and kindness to any of my dogs should the same happen to them. I'll get her scanned tomorrow morning hopefully, and as for her remains, I will bury her myself so she isn't alone. It is absolutely heartbreaking to think that her owner might not get to say goodbye to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

doyle78 wrote: »
    Tonight a man knocked on our front door to ask if we knew a terrier that he had come across while driving. Someone driving on the Navvy Bridge in Arklow hit and killed her and didn't stop.

My OH went out and picked her up off the road, she is now in our shed. She is wearing a blue leather collar. She has no tag. She is obviously well cared for, and well loved.

If you own her, or know anyone who might, can you please get in contact with me on here so she can be returned to her rightful owners. I know that someone will be missing her.

Davi, you made me cry, thank you for caring so much. People like you make the world a better place. Save that collar, someone will be thankful one day that you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

This is probably the same little dog that's on Lors Lost Dogs Page
    wrote:
    BLUE FOR A GIRL,Brown dog with no name BY Davi Doyle

The night you arrived I was wearing pyjamas, settled for the night and watching television. The knock on the door gave me a fright, I wasn’t expecting anyone. It was a man who was looking for the owner of a small brown dog that he had found while driving. It was very windy and cold that night. I could hardly see you in the darkness. We got you a blanket and we brought you in from the night. You had a blue collar, blue for a girl!!!.
    I got dressed and went to see if I could hear your owner calling you. But nobody was. I drove around for hours with the windows down, listening past the wind. I was hoping that someone might be out looking for you. I stopped every person that I came across, I told them that I was looking for the owner of a small brown dog with a blue collar, but nobody could help. The local police station, the late night supermarket, the cold streets...nobody could help.

The next day I stood on the street and asked people who passed if they knew you. I couldn’t believe that nobody was missing you. You were so beautiful. Later that day we went to the vet to see if you had a microchip. I left you there because you were dead. You were already dead when the man knocked on the door. As I drove around looking for your owner, you were dead in the blanket, wrapped up against the cold

I have your collar, blue for a girl!!!. A small brown dog with no name. I can’t stop wondering if you knew what was happening, did it hurt? I have so many questions; who will wonder what happened to you, is someone staring at your bowl with tears in their eyes, who should be the one to say goodbye to you? You were loved by someone, small brown dog with a blue collar. I can’t stop crying, you surely deserve to be mourned. I know it isn’t my place to do it. I have your collar, blue for a girl. It shouldn’t be mine. Someone who knew you, someone who might be staring at your bowl with tears in their eyes should have it. It should be theirs to cherish and soak with tears, not mine.

But I will hold your blue collar ,Blue for a girl!! until the day that it goes to where it should be. To where you should still be. I will keep it safe forever, for them and for you. Small brown dog that I never knew, and will never forget xx

Anniehoo, that is the same dog. Thanks for posting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just saw a small terrier running loose, too scared to come near me, but it had one of those electric collars on. Apparently been running around the area for the last week or so.

In the south liberties / ballyneety area of limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Found little Black kitten tonite around Citywest shopping centre. Used to being handle, very clean playful and friendly. Someone must be missing her. Pls pm. Will post pics soon

amira wrote: »
    Found little Black kitten tonite around Citywest shopping centre. Used to being handle, very clean playful and friendly. Someone must be missing her. Pls pm. Will post pics soon

Post this on Cats Aid website - they have a lost and found section

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sineadcochrane

Lurcher, 2-3 years old, female. Not micro-chipped, no collar. Was found walking down the R126 between Lissenhall and Donabate. Hungry but well looked after otherwise, was recently treated with silverspray on her ears so is likely a farmer's dog. Is very good with other dogs, is timid/shy but friendly, is clearly a pet. Would very much like to reunite her with her owner. Might have been walking around the Swords/Lissenhall area for a few days. Could be from Lusk or Ballyboughal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Lurcher, 2-3 years old, female. Not micro-chipped, no collar. Was found walking down the R126 between Lissenhall and Donabate. Hungry but well looked after otherwise, was recently treated with silverspray on her ears so is likely a farmer's dog. Is very good with other dogs, is timid/shy but friendly, is clearly a pet. Would very much like to reunite her with her owner. Might have been walking around the Swords/Lissenhall area for a few days. Could be from Lusk or Ballyboughal.

She's a beauty!

Be very very careful about who you give her to if an 'owner' comes forward. Make sure that the person has proof of ownership, you don't want her falling into the wrong hands. Try posting her on some of the sighthound rescue FB pages, they might have had queries if she is genuinely lost. If you need info on them just PM me.

Advertisement