Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sineadcochrane

Toulouse wrote: »
    She's a beauty!

Be very very careful about who you give her to if an 'owner' comes forward. Make sure that the person has proof of ownership, you don't want her falling into the wrong hands. Try posting her on some of the sighthound rescue FB pages, they might have had queries if she is genuinely lost. If you need info on them just PM me.

Yes I will make sure I check for proof of ownership. Thanks for the tip about Sighthound rescue, I'd never heard of them before. I've found a few of their FB pages, I'll make sure to post photos of her over there.

I've managed to find a foster home for her in the meantime. I suspect she is a farmer's dog, so am going to put posters up in the local towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LyndseyP

Hi all,

Black female labrador, 11 years old, lost from Sandyford area, last spotted heading down Ticknock Hill by the old fitness centre there. She is very frightened and unfamiliar with the area as she was being looked after by friends. Any info much appreciated.8312_10201027917674149_489099597_n.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Kitten found near Ballyneety, Limerick

We think 'she' is approx 12 weeks old,

DSC_1686.jpg

Update- home found for this lucky kitty:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 malaika

This cat has been hanging around off and on (mostly) in my back garden for a week. Very friendly but a bit on the cautious side....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It might be worth posting in the Dublin forum and also check if any animal rescues in your area have facebook pages, they might share her on their page for you. She's beautiful:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 malaika

Absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Got a cage from the vet on Friday to check for a chip, but she won't go in it....
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

malaika wrote: »
    Absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Got a cage from the vet on Friday to check for a chip, but she won't go in it....
    :(

A tnr trap? If it's a tnr trap they usually need to be hungry to go in after the food. Although you could try cat nip. Tesco have packs of dried catnip for 3 euro, my cats go nuts for it and I've gotten one of my nervous cats into the cat carrier using it as a lure. Worth a try if all else fails:) There are a few people on here who are actively involved with tnr and I'm sure they'll give you lots of good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Hello,

I have here with me a young female collie type dog. She is black and white with brown markings around the eyes and face. Very friendly, she is obviously well looked after. She was found a short while ago in the Dublin 8 area. She is chipped according to her collar (www.fido.ie) but has no other contact details. Anyone know anyone who has lost a dog of this description?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Hownowcow wrote: »
    Hello,

I have here with me a young female collie type dog. She is black and white with brown markings around the eyes and face. Very friendly, she is obviously well looked after. She was found a short while ago in the Dublin 8 area. She is chipped according to her collar (www.fido.ie) but has no other contact details. Anyone know anyone who has lost a dog of this description?

Thanks

Put this up on Lors Lost Dogs and bring her to a vet to check the chip details.

Redsquigy wrote: »
    Put this up on Lors Lost Dogs and bring her to a vet to check the chip details.

Thanks Redsquigy.

I'm bringing her to the vet this morning.

I had a look at Lors Lost Dogs but I'm not a Facebook person so I don't actually know what to do there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I moved house over the weekend and unfortunately my cat has now gone missing.

She is 2 and has been an outdoor/indoor (but mostly outdoor) cat for the last 10 months or so.
    Anyway my circumstances came to an abrupt change recently where I found myself without a home and had to move back to my parents while I sort out a new place for us to live.

Anyway long story short my mother is TERRIFIED of cats and she would only allow me move home on the condition that the cat stayed outside.

I bought her a little hut and shelter and played with her all day in garden when we arrived. The next morning she was still there, a little nervy but coming any time I called and just exploring and smelling things.

Unfortunately she has now been gone for the last 24 hours. It is not unusual for her to disappear in my old place for even almost 2 days but she would always come back. Now I am just afraid she is lost or is trying to find her way back to my old place (from Ballinteer to Stillorgan).

Any tips? I am just so worried, she is my little treasure.

Oh and she is wearing a collar with my number on it and is also microchipped.

I have been calling her and walking about since yesterday evening.

Once I get home from work today I will widen my search :(

Thanks Redsquigy.

I'm bringing her to the vet this morning.

I had a look at Lors Lost Dogs but I'm not a Facebook person so I don't actually know what to do there.

Hi you can put a photo of dog on Lors Lost Dogs fb page with the information where you found her and a photo. You then just send a private message with your contact details. I hope the chip is registered (some owners don't realise you have to register the details). Good luck with finding her owners:)

Redsquigy wrote: »
    Hi you can put a photo of dog on Lors Lost Dogs fb page with the information where you found her and a photo. You then just send a private message with your contact details. I hope the chip is registered (some owners don't realise you have to register the details). Good luck with finding her owners:)

I went to the vet this morning.

Stella has now been happily reunited with her owner. She only lives a short distance away from me.

I went to the vet this morning.

Stella has now been happily reunited with her owner. She only lives a short distance away from me.

Delighted you have found her owners. A lot to be said for chipping and registering your dog. Well done:)

This is Caoimhe. She went missing around the Ballinteer area (dublin 16) yesterday morning.

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Oh and she is wearing a collar with my number on it and is also microchipped.

I have been calling her and walking about since yesterday evening.

Once I get home from work today I will widen my search :(

Have you got a photo of her? Put it up on Cats Aid website and also DSPCA - they have a lost and found section. Hope you find her - I would say she could be trying to find her way back to her old home (Hope not). I really hope you find her

Thanks a mill. I have sent an email with a picture of the little boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Very sad but walking up from Sydney Parade Train station this morning I have seen two dogs wandering about without owners.

A golden Labrador with no collar and a weird bandana thing around its neck. He was heading up Nutley Lane by Vincents and I'm terrified heading towards the N11.

(like this altho not same colour at all
    http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/RedBandana.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/use-bandana-save-day/&h=1600&w=1600&sz=151&tbnid=m0B4Xwrl8EwYtM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&zoom=1&usg=__rEQZXRxTp_bm7hLXZ2OED7IFLdU=&docid=4Z7fUFBc2qO1MM&sa=X&ei=DN1LUrjRK8-HkgW-iYGADw&ved=0CEMQ9QEwAg
    )

There was also an Alsation on merrion road (again across from Merrion shpping centre) wandering about with no owner.

EDIT: I am told that the warden was called foe the Labrador and so he will be in Ashton Pound now if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Spotted this lovely cat in Bray this morning, he seemed a bit confused to be outside and was very approachable, his coat felt like an indoor cat and he seemed not overly familiar with the outdoors.
    Thought maybe he was a house cat gone AWOL...

Pictures aren't great as he wouldn't pose for the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Kiffer, he's stunning. Would you be able to take him to your local vet and check for a microchip if you see him again? He could have lost his collar when out and about but may have a chip to find his owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I know this is a long shot but here goes. (Ennis area Co.Clare)

I found an all black cocker this morning wondering around the place and seemed lost so me been me I decided to help as most dog lovers would.

Ok first I rang the dog warden to see if anyone has reported a missing dog and I gave a description of him to the warden so if anyone comes looking that side is covered.

2. I brought him to the vet to see had he a Microchip, he had but it was not registered (surprise surprise)

3. I put out an ad on the local radio with a description and my number.

Ok more on the dog, very friendly to humans and to my own JRT so its obviously been brought up with a caring home so im guessing he just out out of his garden by accident etc again I know its a long shot but might as well try something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Post it on FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Will do, I dont have a FB but il wait till the misses gets back she has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

anniehoo wrote: »
    Kiffer, he's stunning. Would you be able to take him to your local vet and check for a microchip if you see him again? He could have lost his collar when out and about but may have a chip to find his owners.

I had to go on to work and I'm not back in Bray yet.
    He was very lovely and trusting. Would have been too easy to catch actually.
    I'll be keeping an eye out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1.2.3.4.5

1374738_10153348559295220_1926647295_n.jpgphoto.php?fbid=10153348559295220&set=o.96139322044&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_commentAnyone in Howth area? my friends dog has gone missing there this afternoon...they're only new to the area having moved last week...but dogs escaped but they found the Westie...here's the details...anyone in Howth can you please keep an eye out and spread the word?

thanks

***LOST DOG***

Can anybody that lives in Howth share this please? Our dog Coco has gone missing (the brown and black Yorkshire Terrier in the foreground of the photo) she is about 10 months old and went missing from a back garden on Evora Terrace - just up the road from Tonedfit gym & 5 minutes from the train station, If anyone has seen or has found Coco can they <snip> PM me.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keem21

Black Collie type female dog missing since 7 pm Sunday 13 Oct 2013 from Sutton Park area. Has red collar small white patch on upper chest. Family pet. <snip> Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

keem21 wrote: »
    Black Collie type female dog missing since 7 pm Sunday 13 Oct 2013 from Sutton Park area. Has red collar small white patch on upper chest. Family pet. <snip> Thanks

Keem, can you post a photo of the dog that is missing? If you read our Charter that will help you out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

Hi everyone,

My friend's cat has gone missing. He is a very distinctive Persian cat. If anyone in the Foxrock/ Leopardstown area could keep an eye out for him we'd really appreciate it. He's not really used to being outdoors and is quite timid. Please reply here or PM if you think you have seen him, his name is Wilbur.

Thanks so much.
    rrfe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Male jack Russell with collar but no tag or chip found on Togher road,cork city this evening. Zero road sense so luckily managed to bring him to safety. Need to find owner asap though. Have notified munster lost and found and local vets but hoping someone here knows who owner is.hes quite well fed so not straying for long.dont want to post pic as want owners to describe him before handing over

Advertisement