Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Findmydoggie

3.5yr old male golden Labrador missing from since 27.10.13. He is neutered and micro chipped. He is a very friendly family pet that is desperately missed.

Missing from St. Mullins, in Carlow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

3.5yr old male golden Labrador missing from since 27.10.13. He is neutered and micro chipped. He is a very friendly family pet that is desperately missed.

You poor thing, you must be so worried. The fact that he's both neutered and chipped is very positive. One thing just to check, and sorry if this is already done, is to make certain his microchip is registered to the database with your correct details.
    Also, contact the microchip company to let them know he's missing: they will red-flag his chip so that if anyone else searches for his chip number after scanning him (vet, pound, rescue group) the database will be alerted.
    Good luck, I hope he's home very soon.

Thanks DBB, yes the vet has confirmed the registration and that the status has been changed to missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Have you tried lors lost dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Found this wee fella wandering around the Belgooly area, very friendly and quite hungry, will take to vets later to check for microchip.

UPDATE;

Well the dog wasn't chipped but through one of the websites we posted up on the dog was recognised and has been re-united with it's owners. His real name was Toby but he'll always be Sparky to us.

• Advertisement

Yes Alie I have him on LORS, SPCA and Missing Dogs FB pages plus local newspapers, posters in shops and local radio.
    My postie has also agreed to ask while delivering post in the area. (Rural area)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Found this wee fella wandering around the Belgooly area, very friendly and quite hungry, will take to vets later to check for microchip.

UPDATE;

Well the dog wasn't chipped but through one of the websites we posted up on the dog was recognised and has been re-united with it's owners. His real name was Toby but he'll always be Sparky to us.

Great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Yes Alie I have him on LORS, SPCA and Missing Dogs FB pages plus local newspapers, posters in shops and local radio.
    My postie has also agreed to ask while delivering post in the area. (Rural area)
    Please god you find your dog.
    Lors is a great lady, I admire her , she has reunited more pets than most others. I wish she could find duke and daisy, close to my heart as I own a springer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 babliss2009

We found this little whippet by raheen church in Limerick this afternoon - no id on him, we can't keep him long unfortunately but if anyone knows him please pm, thanks

We found this little whippet by raheen church in Limerick this afternoon - no id on him, we can't keep him long unfortunately but if anyone knows him please pm, thanks

Can you post this on Lors Lost Dogs facebook page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 babliss2009

Redsquigy wrote: »
    Can you post this on Lors Lost Dogs facebook page?

I'm one of the last people not to have a Facebook page!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TonyM01

A Jack Russell followed me home yesterday (15 Nov.).
    No collar. Not chipped.
    Brown & White, healthy, friendly dog.
    Photo attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TonyM01

TonyM01 wrote: »
    A Jack Russell followed me home yesterday (15 Nov.).
    No collar. Not chipped.
    Brown & White, healthy, friendly dog.
    Photo attached.

Re-united with owner!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hi all,

some of you may have seen my thread a few days ago about introducing a second dog.

Unfortunately it isn't working out, my resident dog is not happy about it and it's stressing both dogs out big time. We can't even keep him to foster at the moment so I urgently need to find him a home or fosterer.

This is Pawdie. We think he's a Westie mix and about 2 or 3 years of age. He is house trained, very calm and playful. He's great with kids and other dogs.

He was found in the Cork City area last Wednesday, he is not chipped or neutered.

1398134_692752077410035_1452575114_o.jpg

This guy would be a brilliant companion to anyone, he just loves to hang out with people, he's very quiet too. Oh and he loves cuddles, big time. :o

I'm based in the Cork City area. Please message me on here if you're interested or know anyone that is or could help. Thanks.

Léan wrote: »
    Hi all,

some of you may have seen my thread a few days ago about introducing a second dog.

Unfortunately it isn't working out, my resident dog is not happy about it and it's stressing both dogs out big time. We can't even keep him to foster at the moment so I urgently need to find him a home or fosterer.

This is Pawdie. We think he's a Westie mix and about 2 or 3 years of age. He is house trained, very calm and playful. He's great with kids and other dogs.

He was found in the Cork City area last Wednesday, he is not chipped or neutered.

This guy would be a brilliant companion to anyone, he just loves to hang out with people, he's very quiet too. Oh and he loves cuddles, big time. :o

I'm based in the Cork City area. Please message me on here if you're interested or know anyone that is or could help. Thanks.

Hi, have you reported him as found to the Gardaí, local vets, etc. In order to get him a proper home perhaps you could get in touch with <snip> (Please leave a message if not answered and we will try and get back to you as soon as possible.).

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Hi,
    A few days ago in Castlecurragh, Dublin 15, a chicken landed on my kitchen windowsill from out of nowhere. Because of the cold and danger from cats I've been keeping it in a box in the kitchen but I really would like to return it to the owner (or someone else who keeps chickens). I don't know of any neighbours who keep chickens. I doesn't look to be a full grown size.
    I hope someone can help. Thanks.

razzler wrote: »
    Hi,
    A few days ago in Castlecurragh, Dublin 15, a chicken landed on my kitchen windowsill from out of nowhere. Because of the cold and danger from cats I've been keeping it in a box in the kitchen but I really would like to return it to the owner (or someone else who keeps chickens). I don't know of any neighbours who keep chickens. I doesn't look to be a full grown size.
    I hope someone can help. Thanks.

As far as I know they can't fly far so it must be belonging to a neighbour. Ring the DSPCA and ask them can they take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knownothing

hello fellow dog lovers.
    i found a puppy near hackettstown about 3 months ago.
    he was in very poor condition , starving, flea infested etc. he was also missing one back leg. he was with us for about 12 -14 weeks, he became very beloved by us and anyone who came into contact with him. sadly he was killed last week. we are completely heart broken. we have made a lot of enquires , but to no avail. it would be nice to know his story. he was a yorkie x westie ,brown -brindle color and as i said with three legs. any information will be treated in strict confidence. also if anyone knows where there is one like him , itwould help heal the heartbreak. many thanks michael

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hi Michael

What a sad end to your story but well done to you for helping this poor dog. We have a dedicated Lost and found thread which I will move your post to. If anyone can help with info they can send you a private message.If you would like to post some photos in our Departed Pets thread either that would be ok too.

All the best
    Anniehoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Hi, my husband found a female kitten, about 8 weeks old in a factory in Shannon industrial estate, she may have traveled in someones van or car. She is black and white, white whiskers, black front legs with white socks and white patch on her chest. We will be fostering her so hopefully she can be re-united with her owners if she's lost, if not she will be available for re-homing and a home check will be needed. Proof of ownership will be required if she is claimed.

I'll post a photo when we can get one of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hi, have you reported him as found to the Gardaí, local vets, etc. In order to get him a proper home perhaps you could get in touch with <snip> (Please leave a message if not answered and we will try and get back to you as soon as possible.).

Hi there,

Yes, we've been working with a rescue since he's been found, brought to the vet, no chip, reported to the local pound, gardai, all that, no luck though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hey all:

Hoping someone can help. We've found a Bichon Frise dog today in the Northside of Cork City.

Dog was found in our estate. He's very young and nervous. Think he's been missing for about a week as he's very thin. He's recently been clipped, so clearly someone's much loved pet. Very affectionate dog. He's been given some milk and bread, and a little soup by a neighbour which the poor thing devoured, he was so hungry.

PM me if you have info!

UPDATE - Also posted in the Cork City Forum
    So - after having a comfortable night at the neighbour's we took him to Blackpool today to be scanned by the HART volunteers. The dog has no chip, and no ID on his collar either. Poor thing has a serious case of the runs, so HART arranged for us to take him to the Sunbeam.

Vet took a look at him. Considering he's been out for at least a week in the freezing weather, he's in pretty good nick. The heart, liver and kidneys are all fine, and he has no temperature. But the poor thing will need all his teeth extracted as they are rotten and black with the tartar. I've never seen anything like it! Once they're out, he'll be a lot more comfortable.

I did notice the dog's recently been groomed (Last 2-3 weeks, I reckon). So I might ring round a few groomers in the morning, to see if they might know.

Such a shame. The dog is very alert and very affectionate. We felt so sad leaving him at the vet's, but he's in the best possible place. He'd make a super pet for someone, and I hope either he finds his owners or goes to a good home very soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

You might have already done but if not contact munster lost and found and post on their Facebook page.poor thing,surely someone looking for him
    Hey all:

Hoping someone can help. We've found a Bichon Frise dog today in the Northside of Cork City.

Dog was found in our estate. He's very young and nervous. Think he's been missing for about a week as he's very thin. He's recently been clipped, so clearly someone's much loved pet. Very affectionate dog. He's been given some milk and bread, and a little soup by a neighbour which the poor thing devoured, he was so hungry.

PM me if you have info!

seefin wrote: »
    You might have already done but if not contact munster lost and found and post on their Facebook page.poor thing,surely someone looking for him

I'm on it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Found in a factory in Shannon Industrial estate on 20th November, she's approximately 9 weeks old. Very friendly and affectionate. If she is yours please pm me. Proof of ownership required.

3xw2Q1Gl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

Hi,
    I found a collie puppy approx 9 months (large sized) in Malahide today. She is unchipped and had no collar. She is not used to walking on a lead and is not house trained but is an absolute dote. I cannot keep her for too long as I already have a dog. She can jump the 6 foot walls in my garden so it's not safe to even let her out to the toilet alone. I've contacted all the rescues and local gardai and vets. I've been out to see if anyones out looking for her. I'm on my phone so can't seem to attach a photo but shes up on all the rescue pages on facebook that I could find
    Thanks!

Hey all:

PM me if you have info!

UPDATE - Also posted in the Cork City Forum
    So - after having a comfortable night at the neighbour's we took him to Blackpool today to be scanned by the HART volunteers. The dog has no chip, and no ID on his collar either. Poor thing has a serious case of the runs, so HART arranged for us to take him to the Sunbeam.

Vet took a look at him. Considering he's been out for at least a week in the freezing weather, he's in pretty good nick. The heart, liver and kidneys are all fine, and he has no temperature. But the poor thing will need all his teeth extracted as they are rotten and black with the tartar. I've never seen anything like it! Once they're out, he'll be a lot more comfortable.

I did notice the dog's recently been groomed (Last 2-3 weeks, I reckon). So I might ring round a few groomers in the morning, to see if they might know.

Such a shame. The dog is very alert and very affectionate. We felt so sad leaving him at the vet's, but he's in the best possible place. He'd make a super pet for someone, and I hope either he finds his owners or goes to a good home very soon....

Update No. 2

Dog has now been reunited with his owners. He'll be returning to the vet for further treatment (And a microchip!).

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

[Originally Posted by razzler View Post 20-11-2013
    Hi,
    I hope someone can help. Thanks.]

As far as I know they can't fly far so it must be belonging to a neighbour. Ring the DSPCA and ask them can they take it.

After a week of asking around looking for the owner I called the DSPCA and they collected her this morning, female bantam hen. The guy said they'll put her with their other chickens so I'm sure she'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I found three pet rabbits in Carrigtwohill co. Cork today if anyone's missing them, tame enough but on the run for a while i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Found an all white male kitten, 3-4 months old, in the car park of Aldi in Maynooth. The kitten was very hungry and quite dirty and may have been out for some time.

Will post a picture when I can.

Advertisement