Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cat is missing since Christmas, Enniscorthy, Wexford. Very friendly cat and usually doesnt go far. Really missed.

MTc1YzMzMjI5NDQwNTRhODZkNzBkMzBlOTU5ZjBiYWTWvMCF6xmXEsn2_BhbDRihaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vY2YwOTFiNzlhOGMwNDVlZDNkMjA1MjBiZmFjNmMwMTEwZWY3MzNkMWMwN2UxMzEyNDFmY2E1MDhhYjhjZTNiZi5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

January wrote: »
    Star, male, not microchipped, 5 years old. Missing since 26/12/2013 from Mulhuddart, D15.

Please keep an eye out for him.

1526462_612587795444566_1677760392_n.jpg

Found by amazing manager in Captain America's who took him in for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There's a Huskie roaming around Castlecurragh in Mulhuddart, D15 at the moment. He's trying to get into the park but the gates are locked so he's just wandering up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Cat found dead this morning alongside the road (Phibblestown Road), near the school adjoining Latchford close to Castaheaney/Ongar in Dublin 15.

Adult tabby, with pink sparkly collar with diamonds and a pink bell. No contact details on the collar and does not appear to be micro-chipped. I will put a notice up locally but just in case the owner looks in. My sympathies if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Small black and tan hitch looking lost at Long Hill car park at rejoice.

In and out of signal, will update later. If you pm can you note it in the thread please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

boombang wrote: »
    Small black and tan hitch looking lost at Long Hill car park at rejoice.

In and out of signal, will update later. If you pm can you note it in the thread please.

False alarm, owner returned, dog fine

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Husky found running in traffic in Athlone.

Female, 8months-1yr old. Microchipped but registered owner says the dog has changed hands since and had no interest in stopping the dog from going to the pound. Very good natured dog but not well looked after.

PM for details.

Will most likely need a home as found in very poor condition - she's just had a wash here.

1521912_10202288599594665_135014347_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Candc

Candc wrote: »
    Hi This is Ruby - she is missing since yesterday morning from Newpark in Portlaoise. She is a German shepherd/lab cross and is 3 years old. Chipped, neutered and wearing a pink and brown collar with a purple pendant.

She has been spotted around the eurospar in Portlaoise but is always gone when I get down to see her.

If anyone has any information about her please contact me through here thanks

Ruby was found yesterday a month after she went missing and is now home, safe. A little too thin and dirty but we can fix that no problem.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Candc wrote: »
    Ruby was found yesterday a month after she went missing and is now home, safe. A little too thin and dirty but we can fix that no problem.

Phew! What a relief! You must have been starting to think you wouldn't see her again... great to hear she's home :o
    How did you track her down?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Candc

A guy found her running on the road about ten minutes walk from my house. She still has her collar and tag so they got my number from that. I missed one call so he left her in the vets and they rang me too to let me know they had her.

We're very happy and relieved, I was beginning to think that someone had unofficially adopted her.

She is skin and bone though, lots of hair to cover it up but we are going to feed her little often for a while to get her back to normal.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ciara22

Hi All,

Our dog Buddy went missing yesterday evening from our back garden in Newbridge, Co Kildare. He is a male 6 year old Bichon Frise with a brown leather collar. He is wearing a pink and brown striped fleece jumper to keep him warm as he is losing his hair due to Cushings disease at the moment.

He has been out all night in the cold and has never went missing before, he is very much a mollycoddled dog and wont be able to fend for himself out there.

Please help,

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

So sorry to hear that Buddy's missing at the moment, he looks like a gorgeous little guy. I wish you luck and hope that he will be back home very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TheGovernor

This dog has been wandering around shortcourse waterford all morning, here's a video of him hoping someone will recognize him. I can't bring him into my house due to my pup and my cat.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUILVj9yx6k&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

My cat has been missing since Monday afternoon, in the Bray area, around Ardmore Park, very unusual since she never wanders to far, or for more than a few hours. She's grey and white and quite small, about 11 years old.

[IMG][/img]image_zpsd137e87a.jpg

Please keep an eye out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ask your neighbours to check their sheds/garages. Given the recent weather, she might've gone to one to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Yeah i have done. Most were unfriendly, :( gonna make some flyers and put up a few posters

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'll keep an eye out for her, I'm not too far away. Also know someone in Ardmore Park so will forward it on to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭TomCleverly

So one of my relatives found a dog recently and it was in pretty bad condition. She cleaned him up and brought him to the vet to get checked and everything was fine, but spent about a week outside so he was pretty shaken. The vet checked for a chip and none, went to the Garda station, checked all the sites and put up posters but no one has claimed him. Because of some problems between him and her own dogs I took him until something was going to be sorted for him. This was meant to be a weekend thing but it's been over a week now and a home can't be found for him.

I can't keep him anymore as I moving back home soon and already have a dog there who doesn't get along with other dogs. I've contacted all the shelters and dog welfare agencies but they can't/won't help. I don't want to put him into a pound cause that's just not right. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do with the little fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Well done to you and your relative for taking the dog in. Your options are as I can see it are:
    1. Hold on to the dog until a rescue can take him in - contact loads not just those in your local area.

2. try to home him yourself.
    3 ask a friend or other relative to home him until 1 or 2 works out
    4. get his vaccinations up to date and kennel him privately until 1 or 2 works out.
    5 put the dog in the pound.

Did you contact the pound and advise them that you had found the dog. Some one may have contacted them but not thought to contact the local vets or Gardaí.

Sorry can be more helpful .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Contact <snip>

They never refuse a dog or put them down. Marvellous place altogether! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Be careful of what rescue you send the dog to. I appreciate you might be limited on options but there are a lot of very dodgy rescues and they will still have people recommending them.

What area are you in? What breed of dog is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Where are you located? My Tus scheme is in an animal welfare centre and we never refuse animals.

I'm in Cork City, I've contacted the pound asking if anyone had reported him lost no luck. It's a small, what my best guess would be, Yorkshire Terrier, the vet said 2 or 3 years old.

This is the cute fecker causing all my problems

I would really love to keep him as he's a great dog, but unfortunately can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have you tried Facebook?
    Most towns have buy and sell groups, put up he's been found, and lors lost dogs page too.
    He looks in pretty good condition, must have an owner somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm in Cork City, I've contacted the pound asking if anyone had reported him lost no luck. It's a small, what my best guess would be, Yorkshire Terrier, the vet said 2 or 3 years old.

He's a sweetie all right! Anyway - PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

did you put on munster lost and found and dawg Facebook pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Put up on Lors Lost Dogs Facebook page - brilliant site with over 7,000 followers. There is a missing yorkie from Donnybrook in Dublin looks very like this. Some dogs have been found many miles away from their home after been stolen and dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

PM sent.

Unfortuantly Toby as I was calling him got out last night and hasn't been seen since. I've put it up on lost and found sites but no luck so far. We've also looked around everywhere but no. If anyone has seen him I'd really appreciate a PM. He went missing in the North side of Cork City at about 5:30 last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

My brother has come across a terrier in the Deerpark area of Cork City.. He followed him home with his own dog. brown face at either side of his eyes and white band down the middle. His up on munster lost and found

Advertisement