Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

My friend's shihtzu poodle cross is missing in the Sutton/Howth/Baldoyle area. He's a very shy little dog and wont approach a stranger. He is chipped but no collar. Any sightings please PM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My friend's ****zu poodle cross is missing in the Sutton/Howth/Baldoyle area. He's a very shy little dog and wont approach a stranger. He is chipped but no collar. Any sightings please PM!

Do you mean a Shih Tzu?

Do you mean a Shih Tzu?

I do indeed. Thanks.

I cannot sing the praises of "Lors lost dogs page" on Facebook enough - it took all of four minutes from me contacting them with the dog's details, to being sent a phone number of the lady who had last seen him and tried to trap him. He got away, and ran into the woods, so still missing. Owner is up there now with this lady searching for him. Completely stunned by the efficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Poor fella must be frightened out of his wits...:( Hope he's caught quickly!

• Advertisement

He finally got home at 9pm, having been captured twice, and clipped by a car! But wow, social networks are amazing,

We are so happy to have the little boy home. Human kindness is amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ardkeen village Waterford. grey kitten bout 6months girl. sitting in my garden past 3 days. Green collar if anybody is missing her. I'm feeding her for time being. Unable to keep her because of my own dog

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

deise08 wrote: »
    Ardkeen village Waterford. grey kitten bout 6months girl. sitting in my garden past 3 days. Green collar if anybody is missing her. I'm feeding her for time being. Unable to keep her because of my own dog

Have you a photo of this kitty and I will share.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

This is a long shot and I don't have a picture but just in case someone is missing a fully grown goat, one has turned up at our place. It's cream and white, gender unknown. We're semi-rural so it has plenty of grazing with us for now but I can't contain it myself and worry that it may venture out on the road - a racetrack at the best of times. I called the Gardai this morning to see if anyone had reported one missing in our area but after overhearing some spectacularly disinterested comments in the background, I was told to contact the DSPCA. I will post a found notice on their site today but I honestly didn't think it was a stupid move to check with the local police first. It seems I was wrong.

Anyway, we're in D24 so if anyone happens to know or hear about a missing goat, PM me and hopefully there can be a reunion.

Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Large tabby cat missing from the Tradaree area of Shannon since Friday 31st January. He escaped after a visit to the vet and would have been limping very badly as he was hardly able to walk. If anyone has seen or found him could you pm me so we can get him back to his family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Large tabby cat missing from the Tradaree area of Shannon since Friday 31st January. He escaped after a visit to the vet and would have been limping very badly as he was hardly able to walk. If anyone has seen or found him could you pm me so we can get him back to his family.

If you or the owners are on facebook there is a Shannon Pets Database page that it might be worth posting this on, as well as the vets page. Hope ye find him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

If you or the owners are on facebook there is a Shannon Pets Database page that it might be worth posting this on, as well as the vets page. Hope ye find him!
    Thanks, I've posted him on the Shannon pet database and asked Paw Pourri to keep an eye out for him too. If he's brought to Treaty they'd post him on their facebook page anyway. Tigger is such a lovely cat and he'd go up to anyone for fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Have you asked SCAR as well or do they still have a cattery? I saw your post on the database page, added you as a friend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toby2014

Hi,

This dog was found on Wednesday 5th January 2014 wandering the backroads around Dublin Airport.

Anyone recognise him?

5i4zVS.jpg

An older male dog, not neutered or chipped, deaf.

The finder cannot hold on to him much longer

Location: Stretch of road running along Dublin Airport on the St. Margaret/Swords side of Airport

This friendly older dog was found wondering dangerously on an unlit stretch of road at 6.30am on the 5th February 2014. If you recognise this dog please get in touch. No collar or microchip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I wwould suggest getting in touch with local rescues and asking them to circulate the picture and also register with LORS

• Registered Users Posts: 3 toby2014

Thanks,

We've already contacted every rescue we can think of, gaa clubs in the vicinity of where he was found, garda etc. This is just another avenue I am using.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Kenmare, came across 2 beautiful black and white collies at about 8pm last night in the middle of the storm slinking along by the ditch in the ashgrove area, one looked to be about 9 months old with a large collar, last seen near mill falls, by the time I turned the car they were gone. They looked quite scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Cocker Spaniel FOUND, Kilrush, Co. Clare. Proof of ownership required. PM if you or someone you know is missing this dog. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Hey folks

A friend of mines dog has gone missing in the Ashbourne/Kilsallaghan area.
    He's an 11 year old golden lab called Hutch. If anyone spots him let me know.

Thanks

carleigh wrote: »
    Cocker Spaniel FOUND, Kilrush, Co. Clare. Proof of ownership required. PM if you or someone you know is missing this dog. Thanks.

Can you post this on Lors Lost Dogs Page on Facebook - brilliant site for re-uniting dogs and their owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

carleigh wrote: »

Dogs owner located. A happy ending :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

This dog had an unfortunate run-in with my car in Lucan on Saturday 15-Feb-2014 and is with Carey and Keane vets in Kilmainham. They say he is microchipped but ownership details are not up-to-date. He is not badly hurt, but needs to go home - he is definitely a people-dog, as the first thing he did after being released from the car was to run to some people waiting at a bus stop. Anyone recognise him ?

1010769_10152065829033509_406179799_n_zps5c5604c1.jpg

Felexicon wrote: »
    Hey folks

A friend of mines dog has gone missing in the Ashbourne/Kilsallaghan area.
    He's an 11 year old golden lab called Hutch. If anyone spots him let me know.

Thanks

There is a golden lab on Ashton Dog Pound facebook site - can you check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

franksm wrote: »
    This dog had an unfortunate run-in with my car in Lucan on Saturday 15-Feb-2014 and is with Carey and Keane vets in Kilmainham. They say he is microchipped but ownership details are not up-to-date. He is not badly hurt, but needs to go home - he is definitely a people-dog, as the first thing he did after being released from the car was to run to some people waiting at a bus stop. Anyone recognise him ?

Owner found, happy ending

franksm wrote: »
    Owner found, happy ending

Great news - well done - hope his chip is now up to date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

lk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Hi folks PLease Help. Our lovely rescue dog slipped her harness on saturday morning in fairview park and took off towards richmond road and hasnt been seen since. She is very wary of strangers and probably wont come if you call her, but she is very timid and wont bite or even bark. If anyone sees her please get in touch. Thank you.

Kana.jpg

Kana2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

She's gorgeous, if you're on facebook contact "Lors lost dog page" and give him all the details, and post pix of her on your page too. Lots of dogs get back home this way. Best of luck, hope she's back safe with you soon

Thanks. we have her on that page already. She was seen today about 30 metres from my front door. and yesterday, about 3 minutes walk, so she is close and circling the area. Anyone in Fairview, can you please check your laneways, and back gardens, she will be cowering down the back of one of those.

• Advertisement

She has been found alive and well and stinking. :D

Advertisement