Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

budgemook wrote: »
    Nice work. Is this dog stealing a common thing?

Where i am living at the moment dog stealing is very common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

So sorry, hope you find her soon. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bikergal

I found a puppy on Monday morning (10.8.09) in the Walshestown area of Lusk (exit 5 of the M1). He is a very sweet little thing, possibly a few months old. He has a blue collar, with the tag missing. He is a petite build, brown with a black muzzle. I think he is a mongrel. If anyone is missing a puppy of this description, or would like to give a nice home to an adorable and good natured puppy, please PM me. I will bring him to the vet to see if he has a micro chip. I would love to keep him, but due to lack of space and time it would not be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

The poor dog was taken from its owners car yesterday in the galway shopping centre.Hes a lovely little dog answers to the name Inky he has a name tag on his collar. hes missed terribly. If anyone could help find him it would be appreciated. you can ring the number on the picture or 091 - 562812

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

Hi

This guy followed me home today - possibly spooked by thunder and lightning.

Owners will probably miss him - very well cared for.

Male - 7-10 years - likes his belly rubbed.

3840311836_d24493783d.jpg

PM me for details.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

FOLLOW UP TO POST DIRECTLY ABOVE

Having circulated 50 flyers around Robertstown we have still not been able to reunite the doggy.

It is possible that the dog wandered from Allenwood, Prosperous or even Coill Dubh.

Please let anyone you know in these areas know about this dog by forwarding the link to them.

If he is not claimed by Thursday then I'm not sure what the future holds for him......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Hi all.
    I'm posting this for a friend
    A Golder Cocker Spaniel was lost in Drogheda last Saturday (22nd Aug). Here are the relevant details:

Name: Max (will answer to it)
    Colouring: Golden
    Sex: Male

I'll post a picture when I get one from the owner.

If he's seen or someone knows where he is contact 086 8042700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

My sisters 16 week old kitten is missing. They live in a v small village and its feared she has been taken. She is an unusual kitten- grey and white with orange specks. She had a pink collar on her and answers to the name dusty

she was not yet fixed. 2 young girls miss her terribly and want her home

went missing from Clerihan village, clonmel, co tipperary on sunday

any info please pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Skittle wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I'm posting this for a friend
    A Golder Cocker Spaniel was lost in Drogheda last Saturday (22nd Aug). Here are the relevant details:

Name: Max (will answer to it)
    Colouring: Golden
    Sex: Male

I'll post a picture when I get one from the owner.

If he's seen or someone knows where he is contact 086 8042700.

Just to let everyone know, that this particular Lost Dog story has a happy ending. The dog was found and has been returned home safe & sound:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

My sisters 16 week old kitten is missing. They live in a v small village and its feared she has been taken. She is an unusual kitten- grey and white with orange specks. She had a pink collar on her and answers to the name dusty

she was not yet fixed. 2 young girls miss her terribly and want her home

went missing from Clerihan village, clonmel, co tipperary on sunday

any info please pm me

Seems to be happy endings around:) Dusty was found today safe and well. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 aspender

Saw a Samoyed with a collar on wandering around the Meadowbrook area of Maynooth Sunday morning, and by the condition of it I'd say somebody is missing it. I've a feeling that it might belong to somebody on the Straffan Wood estate.

Unfortunately it was hanging around with a stray pointer of some sort and the two of them were showing too much interest in my own dog, so I wasn't in the position to do anything about it but thought I'd post this anyway if anybody is looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Monsoon26

Dear All,

Our dog has gone missing since Saturday night.
    She escaped over the garden wall in the Artane / Beaumont area.
    She is a 3 year old female springer spaniel, brown & white with brown collar. Our home phone number is on her collar, we are all missing her a lot.
    If anyone sees a dog matching this description around the area please let me know

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Monsoon26

Female springer spaniel is now found !!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Star10

Tabby in Cedarbrook-FOUND-Home safely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

440.jpg

Hi all, I'm posting this on behalf of a friend...

DOG MISSING SINCE SUNDAY 30th AUGUST - SOUTH WEST WICKLOW

"I am offering 1000euro reward for safe return of Lance can someone please help me,17 month old male St. Bernard brown tan and white in colour very friendly, hair over back shoulders never lies down, reward offered for his return. South West Wicklow area, dog is microchipped, he also suffers from epilepsy. I'm pretty sure he has been stolen!"

If anyone has any information please pm me asap. Thanks :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi
    I have found a young kitten that appears to have gotten itself lost.
    Its white with brown markings, and has a collar with name tag (Berrie) and a phone number. I cant get any answer from the phone number, so I'm hoping a boardsie might know this cat.
    It's very friendly, but a little thin so I suspect its been on its own for a few days, no more than a week anyway. Seem to be house trained as we've had no accidents so far, and it seems like it was a well loved kitten.
    Pics below, give me a pm if you think you know anything. Either way, I cant keep it as I'm allergic, and my youngest is very allergic.
    Cheers

P9020328.jpg

P9020292.jpg

Anybody know of a ferret that went missing in the D7 area ? I saw one yesterday. Didnt get a chance to catch it though .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carol H

Gorgeous black and white approx 10 week old female (we think) kitten.
    Really friendly, likes cuddles and very loving.
    We would keep her if we could.
    email newcastle@eircom.net or phone 045 870411

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Gaspode wrote: »
    Hi
    I have found a young kitten that appears to have gotten itself lost.
    Its white with brown markings, and has a collar with name tag (Berrie) and a phone number. I cant get any answer from the phone number, so I'm hoping a boardsie might know this cat.
    It's very friendly, but a little thin so I suspect its been on its own for a few days, no more than a week anyway. Seem to be house trained as we've had no accidents so far, and it seems like it was a well loved kitten.
    Pics below, give me a pm if you think you know anything. Either way, I cant keep it as I'm allergic, and my youngest is very allergic.
    Cheers

Owner located, so looks like a happy ending for this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Well done to all who've played a part in reuniting all these lost/stolen dogs & cats with their owners....so many happy endings, great stuff!icon14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fio_

Just to get this out there!

A dog was hit by a car at the JJ Flemings Roundabout on the Tuam Road yesterday evening. I brought him to the Glenina Vet in Mervue and they took him in overnight. I put in an announcement with Galway Bay FM this morning and left messages with the GSPCA also. The dog will be transferred to the dog pound today if no one comes forward to collect him.

If you are missing your dog; please contact the Glenina vet or the Galway pound today. (large breed)

Thanks

Hmmmm, new twist to kitten story above - I wasnt too happy that the owner was 100% happy to get his kitten back, he even asked me if I wanted to hang on to it as he worked most of the time. I decided in the end to offer to take it off his hands for him. I cant keep it myself, but Id rather suffer the allergies for a few days while I made sure it went to a good home than wonder if someone is going to just abandon it.

A friend of my wife is going to take it, so it still ends up a happy ending though.

Further edit: Met the original owner tonight and it seems first impressions can be wrong, so my vibes about him were way off the mark! He and his daughter were very nice, and had genuine reasons for not wanting to hang onto the kitten, and I'm happy enough they didnt just abandon it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 evrumum

Hi all

I am looking for a dog that escaped from my back garden this evening. He's a rather large Collie X, black & white with brown legs. He has gorgeous goldy/brown eyes too. His name is Patch. He's 5 years old. He was recently neutered so still has stitches in.

He jumped over a 6ft wall so he's determined but he's very gentle. We live in Kilcoole and we followed him all the way down the Newcastle Road and last saw him on Leabeg Lane. I have been out looking for him for over 3 hours now and have been so close to getting him back into the car but he doesn't know me very well so he hesitated and ran again.

I would really appreciate people just keeping an eye out for this guy. He's most likely in the Newcastle area now as he has to be exhausted from all the running he has done. I'd also say he's hungry as was due to be fed at 8 p.m.

If you see him, please be kind. He's a lovely dog. Even if you think you have just seen him in your locality and don't want to approach him could you PM me your number and I'll get in touch or you could ring Greystones Garda Station as we've left his and our details with them. I will be calling the warden and pound and local sanctuaries tomorrow morning first thing.

He is not chipped and he has a temporary collar on so no nametag. I would appreciate help here and not people giving out about him not being chipped or tagged as he is a "foster" dog and hasn't been chipped yet as he only arrived with us this evening.

Thank you so much for reading.

evrumum wrote: »
    Hi all

I am looking for a dog that escaped from my back garden this evening. He's a rather large Collie X, black & white with brown legs. He has gorgeous goldy/brown eyes too. His name is Patch. He's 5 years old. He was recently neutered so still has stitches in.

He jumped over a 6ft wall so he's determined but he's very gentle. We live in Kilcoole and we followed him all the way down the Newcastle Road and last saw him on Leabeg Lane. I have been out looking for him for over 3 hours now and have been so close to getting him back into the car but he doesn't know me very well so he hesitated and ran again.

I would really appreciate people just keeping an eye out for this guy. He's most likely in the Newcastle area now as he has to be exhausted from all the running he has done. I'd also say he's hungry as was due to be fed at 8 p.m.

If you see him, please be kind. He's a lovely dog. Even if you think you have just seen him in your locality and don't want to approach him could you PM me your number and I'll get in touch or you could ring Greystones Garda Station as we've left his and our details with them. I will be calling the warden and pound and local sanctuaries tomorrow morning first thing.

He is not chipped and he has a temporary collar on so no nametag. I would appreciate help here and not people giving out about him not being chipped or tagged as he is a "foster" dog and hasn't been chipped yet as he only arrived with us this evening.

Hi .. Just an update on this .. We opened our front door this morning and Patch came out from behind our car. God knows how long he'd been there. He came up to the front door but then my daughter made a noise and he ran again. So, just to say .. last place seen .. Kilcoole!! This morning at around 9.30 a.m.

Thanks a lot

Hi .. Just an update on this .. We opened our front door this morning and Patch came out from behind our car. God knows how long he'd been there. He came up to the front door but then my daughter made a noise and he ran again. So, just to say .. last place seen .. Kilcoole!! This morning at around 9.30 a.m.

Thanks a lot

I tried to upload a photo but couldn't work out how .. So here's a link and hopefully you can view .. thanks again guys

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/jenniferscanlan08/Patch#5377956077359161090

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hey all, found a Beagle like (mostly beagle I think) male dog, found in Lee Fields Cork on Saturday 5th of September at about 6pm , very friendly and lively, almost fully white, with brown patches on head, quite young, seems to be a pup still. PM me if yoursDSCF1971.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I saw a dog a few days ago when I was driving around Carlow. It was on a small country road so I just thought it just got out and would go home soon enough but today I saw it walking into Athy (at least it looked like the same dog) at the time I wasn't able to do anything about it and I don't think I can do much. I live in an apartment and have a cat.

It was a golden labrador type of dog, I don't think it was a pure breed but it was the same size and colour. It will probably be around Athy for afew days.

Hi all

Hi All
    Just to say Patch is back with us now, fast asleep in his new bed! Very happy to have him back safe & sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭JoeyW

Hi

I found a golden retriever bitch in athy yesterday if anyone is looking for her. She's very well kept so I doubt she's missing very long.

Jo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

JoeyW wrote: »
    Hi

I found a golden retriever bitch in athy yesterday if anyone is looking for her. She's very well kept so I doubt she's missing very long.

Jo

That might be the one I spotted. I think she came from out the carlow road well past the three counties.

Advertisement