Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hi all,

We found a puppy this morning in Ballinasloe, Galway. She's pretty young and small (looks like a terrier) can't get a picture up right now but if anyone thinks she may be theirs PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Springer Spaniel found in the Ballysheedy area of Limerick.
    Dog appears to be in good physical order but seems a little distressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Hi, Guys my Black and Tan German Shepherd X when missing yesterday in the ballysimon area of Limerick, Could have gone in several directions Ballyneety, Cahercornlish, Drombanna, Ballysimon Retail area. She is a 2.5 year old bitch. please PM me if you see her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭JoeyW

Orla K wrote: »
    That might be the one I spotted. I think she came from out the carlow road well past the three counties.

Aah the poor thing, she must have come some distance. She's so adorable, she's really grown on me!

I've left my number with the vets in Athy and the gurards but I suppose if shes not from Athy no-one would think to check there. I may try further afield.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 proudmum_ciara

Hi

Missing budgie 15 years old, lost somewhere in the Lucan, around Lucan community College school area. Flew away on Sunday morning 13/09/2009. He is so tame,he will have flew straight into somebodys house or onto somebodys head! He is white and blue, if youi think you may have found him, please call me!

Thanks ,

Ciara Martin 0868092761

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Mail sent to IHU, just thought I'd post it here on the offchance that the number means anything to someone here:

Full racing pigeon ring number: 09 IHU S 3206

Condition of the racing pigeon (alive/dead/injured): Alive, appears uninjured, looks healthy

Is the racing pigeon contained: No

Any further comments:

Pigeon appeared in [Co Cork] approximately August 27th, and has been roosting on the roof of the garage since then. We tried to make contact with the Cork IHU, but they said that unless the pigeon was contained there was not much they could do. We have no experience of pigeons, and no idea how to catch and contain him.

From August 27th to Sept 5th we had offered him porridge meal, which he hadn't taken. We've been away and just returned home to find him still here. There is ample drinking water around the house which we presume he's been taking, though we haven't seen him drinking.

Photos available (which is how we got the number - it was like something out of CSI, but without the exciting backing track).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bobbytwo

Hi, I found a racing pigeon a couple of years ago and luckly could catch it. Gave it to the ISPCA officer that works in munster area. She was able to contact the owner by giving the details to the pigeon club. The bird was actually from the uk and the owner said just to let it rest up for a week and to release it again and it went home!!Think you might get help on one of the websites if I rememeber rightly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My worry is that the pigeon has been hanging around for 3 weeks now (including a week when no-one was here), and seems to think this is home now. We're not interested in keeping pigeons, and to be honest he's making a fierce mess around the place :) )

I'm sure he's been given up as lost, and that if he's used for racing no-one wants him now (as he obviously isn't very good at it). I suppose the best thing would be if someone would just give him a good home, and stop him staring in at us all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thoie you might also want to try posting in the Nature and Birdwatching forum - there might be people in there who could help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I found this cat in Athy, he's been hanging around my granny's place fighting with her cat. He's really friendly but is in poor condition (teeth rotting, dirty, on the thin side, and some scabs+missing fur)

It's a male that isn't neutered about 6 years old, I went to the vets around here and he's no chip and they didn't get anyone in with a lost cat.

29ppxf4.jpg

Could someone tell me what to do now? I don't know if I can keep him because I already have a cat and I don't know if he would get along with her(and she wouldn't be able to defend herself well she's only three legs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

Puppy found in Donnybrook

About 10 weeks old, no chip, No collar.

Not going to name the breed for anyone to claim, but get in contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

jazzy_jeff wrote: »
    Puppy found in Donnybrook

About 10 weeks old, no chip, No collar.

Not going to name the breed for anyone to claim, but get in contact.

Scratch This, Owner just picked her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seefig

Hiya
    My cat went missing awhile back, Iv posted her on every animal website, lostandfound etc. Never thought to post her here, so anyway this is her

18-06-09 Cat Lost - [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MISSING FROM SALTHILL AREA since 14 June 09. Approx 3yrs old, Female, friendly, very small and quite skinny, white[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]chest and face except for a spot on the right of her nose. If you've seen her, or someone you know happens to have just found a at fitting the description. please get back to me.. [/font]
    Cheers!

http://www.galway-spca.com/images/lost09_threadn1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Rogan

On the 19th a lady who shows her dogs was at the Carlow dog show - when she returned home she discovered that someone had broken into her house through a downstairs window and six of her puppies and dogs were taken - see photos of some of them on
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/997824

These guys are getting more determined - please keep an eye out for these little pups - I believe one of the dogs has diabetes and the poor little thing is obviously not getting his medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Hello, Our Papillion Oscar went missing from Gurrane North, Donoughmore on Friday 18th Sept, There was something outside the front door when i opened it for him to do his morning business and before i had a chance to grab him he was gone, we just brought the dog over from Australia the other week and had not got around to getting a new name tag with a irish number on his collar athough he has an Australian number with name on it, he still has a Brisbane City Council tag on him and is micro chipped, if anyone has seen him or has any ideas on how is best to track him down, goes without saying there is a reward, Thanks.

Anthony.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

We are missing our 5 year old yorkie called Stitch. Last seen in Ringsend at 4pm on Sunday. If anyone finds him, please contact me. Thanks a mill. He is microchipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balrudd

I'm very worried, my wee little cat has been missing for the past two days and I'm starting to get concerned for him. He's a one year old neutered tom and usually is never too far way from the house. If I do the usual "pisssshawish" from the back door he always comes back,, but for the past two days there has been no sign of him.....
    Hopefully he just went a bit too far and he is still trying to figure his way home,,,
    Has anyone had any experience of their cat being missing for a couple of days and returning,,,, I understand it is different with toms that have not been neutered as they can go missing for days on end, but our little fella is neutered and probably very lonely....
    Thank you ,, Worried Owner :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

It happened me once,it turned out he was in a neighbours house getting food and lots of attention.The neighbour dident know it was my cat,now he goes over to the neighbour for visits and treats.
    Ask around maby someone has him and dosent know hes yours.
    Good Luck,let us know if you find him.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh my cat was always going awol for a few days..the longest was a week, but we put up posters and she was found not too far from us. Unfortunately, if your cat goes outdoors this is bound to happen at some stage. Collar, tag and microchip if thats the case.

After 2 days though id be asking around the neighbours etc

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

SuperTyper wrote: »
    We are missing our 5 year old yorkie called Stitch. Last seen in Ringsend at 4pm on Sunday. If anyone finds him, please contact me. Thanks a mill. He is microchipped.

Returned to us safe and sound, phew !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Our old cat went missing for about 3 months and then jumped in the window one morning like he never left, I was ''pishshhhwashing'' nearly every day until he came home!!
    It might be worth calling around to neighbours asking have they seen him, and if they have a shed just asking them if they wouldn't mind checking it, in case he got locked in there. He probably just found somebody with tastier food than you, since cats are ever so loyal!!:D Keep us updated anyways please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

hi, found a kitten last night, approx 5/6 months old, silver grey tabby
    very affectionate little soul,
    http://picasaweb.google.com/simplisticlycomplicated/FoundKittenCappaghRoad#

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Hi all,

My friends very young, new kitten is lost in Clairemont Court estate in Glasnevin the other day. She is a very shy, nervous kitten.

She is a stripey tabby and has 4 white paws/socks.

If anyone even catches sight of her in the area please let me know.

Thanks

EDIT:
    Little Cleo was found safe and sound this morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Found: I found a budgie in the Christchurch, Dublin 8 area. It's safe and sound in my home now but is obviously a family pet and so I would be anxious to reunite it with its owners. Please reply to this post if you're missing a budgie from around this area.
    Thanks,
    Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Small Jack Russell found in Celbridge last night. Not sure of age but young.
    Safe in our home until we find owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend found this gorgeous chocolate labrador in Sutton, Dublin 13. She is between 12 years old and is extremely tame and quiet but very frail. Vet says she hasn't been mistreated or hurt

Unfortunately due to circumstances neither of us can keep her and will bring her to the ashtown pound tomorrow

Please contact ASAP if this is your dog and you want her back or if you would like to re-home this dog:(

Thanks

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

z_topaz wrote: »
    Found: I found a budgie in the Christchurch, Dublin 8 area. It's safe and sound in my home now but is obviously a family pet and so I would be anxious to reunite it with its owners. Please reply to this post if you're missing a budgie from around this area.
    Thanks,
    Clare
    hi im from cork so not familiar with dublin area but theres an ad on the lost and found website about a missing budgie from the lucan area, very tame 15 yrs old missing since the 19th of sept. the number is 0868092761

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Hey everyone,

We found a kitten in lusk yesterday (8th October). Its only about 10 weeks old - light ginger in colour.

For pic see http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/esnpat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SammyOwner

Sammy, missing from Ballycullen/Tallaght area of Dublin 24 from Thursday night last 8/10/09. Male, neutered and micro-chipped. Collie cross, with short legs, white and reddish/brown coat. Brown collar. We're desperate to have him back, anyone with information please pm me. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

For the UK based members viewing this site....
    Lost, Pixi, West Highland White Terrier, almost 2 years of age. She is newly clipped and has one ear up and one ear down. Small build.

Circumstances of loss:
    Someone shouted at her and she ran away from owner towards the big roundabout at London Colney near the motorway. Pixi is brain damaged as well as almost blind and is a very vulnerable dog.

More info on location: Pixi crossed the roundabout and motorway area on the B5378 Shenley Lane, and was last seen in the area of that road and the B556.

Pixi belongs to a disabled owner and help is needed in the area of London Colney. Dog warden has been called and is on way to help look for this girl.

Advertisement