Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thomond Parking

• 05-11-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've never been to Thomond before and don't know Limerick very well. I'm sure I'll find it easily enough.

But, could someone tell me wheres the handiest place to park?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Whatever you do, do not go over the bridge! It's a nightmare after the game and will take you an eternity to get away from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where are you coming from? If you're crossing the Shannon my advice is to park and walk as it's crazy trying to drive back into the city after a match.

If you're coming from the Clare side then Park on the Ennis Road and walk to the ground, easy enough to get home afterwards.

Enjoy the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

if u park down the road by that hospital (dunno what its called, not from limerick) u can get a spot there good enough and get away pretty quickly. Thats where we always park and its pretty handy for getting away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Yeah park in the centre of Limerick and walk out (20 mins) and you will have no hassle.

Either walk:
    • Sarsfield St. - Sarsfield Bridge - Ennis Road - Shelbourne Road
    • Patrick St. - Nicholas St. - Bridge St. - Nicholas St. - Thomand Bridge - Thomondgate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Thanks for all the advice lads.

I'm coming from dungarvan so parking on the ennis side isn't an option.

By the sounds of things I'll park in a multi storey in town and stick the walkin boots on :D

• Advertisement

jamieh wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice lads.

I'm coming from dungarvan so parking on the ennis side isn't an option.

By the sounds of things I'll park in a multi storey in town and stick the walkin boots on :D

A friend of mine travelled up from Waterford for the Munster V Montauban match and he had tail backs way out the Tipp road, my advice is give yourself plenty on time.

Come in towards the city, turn right after the Fire Station (on Mulgrave St) onto Cathedral Place, sweep left then right, passing two sets of pedestrian lights, take your next left, onto Lelia St. (Griffin's funeral home on corner), park anywhere here on down on the Dublin Rd.

It's a 15 walk to Thomond Park, walk along the Dublin road to Baal's bridge (the small humpback bridge), turn right over bridge, up to next set of lights and straight through along Nicholas St, you'll come to King John's castle, turn left there and out over Thomond Bridge and follow the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

For the love of God!! Do not not try and go up the dock road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

phog wrote: »
    A friend of mine travelled up from Waterford for the Munster V Montauban match and he had tail backs way out the Tipp road, my advice is give yourself plenty on time.

Hell yeah. 4 hours 15mins from Waterford for the Montauban game.

For the love of God!! Do not not try and go up the dock road.

Who mentioned the Dock Road?

Advertisement