Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cancel my Three upgrade?

• 05-11-2008 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

I'd been holding on to my trusty N95 post contract on 3 and decided that the LG renoir was now a worthy superceding handset. So I just got one on upgrade a couple of days ago. It's a nice phone but it's a little weak in some areas that make me think I should stick to my N95 instead.

The biggest disappointment is the lack of installable applications. E.g. Can't install Gmail mobile client and no possibility of proper sat nav application like nokia maps. I think the Samsung Omnia would be better as even a WM powered device allows a lot more flexibility.

Can I return the phone and cancel it seeing as I basically only have had it for a couple of days? I know that a new contract has 14 days grace to cancel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

I'd been holding on to my trusty N95 post contract on 3 and decided that the LG renoir was now a worthy superceding handset. So I just got one on upgrade a couple of days ago. It's a nice phone but it's a little weak in some areas that make me think I should stick to my N95 instead.

The biggest disappointment is the lack of installable applications. E.g. Can't install Gmail mobile client and no possibility of proper sat nav application like nokia maps. I think the Samsung Omnia would be better as even a WM powered device allows a lot more flexibility.

Can I return the phone and cancel it seeing as I basically only have had it for a couple of days? I know that a new contract has 14 days grace to cancel.

Normally they will not accept it back if the packaging is open and there is nothing wrong with the phone.

Best thing to do is too ask the shop or Customer care if you bought it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

miceal wrote: »
    Normally they will not accept it back if the packaging is open and there is nothing wrong with the phone.

They do however if it is a new contract with 14 days to return. I mean, as I was out of contract, I could have cancelled my account and started a new contract and they would accept it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You should be able to cancel within 14 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

chrislad wrote: »
    You should be able to cancel within 14 days.

14 days for new connection, 7 days for upgrade

Advertisement