Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE RSA ROAD SAFETY TEST

Options
  • 05-11-2008 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

This is part of Irish Road Safety week. Ends in November if anyone wants to get their car checked out

Here is my account anyhow and was looking for some advice

I did the FREE RSA ROAD SAFETY TEST in Advance pitstop in ballybane. They told me that I needed the front left brake disk and pad replaced and also front shocks need to be done.

Cost:
    1 Brake disk/pad + labour = €200
    2 front shocks + labour = €220

Is this an ok price compared to other mechanics?

For some reason I want to confirm the faults with another mechanic as don't fully trust advance. Have heard some bad stories about them.

Anyone in the same boat or have any other advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wouldn't trust that shower as far as I could throw them. Go to an indie mechanic with the right gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Wouldn't trust that shower as far as I could throw them. Go to an indie mechanic with the right gear

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Looks like I'm not the only one so. Will give them a miss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

My car passed the NCT on Monday , I bet they find €600 worth of faults for free :(

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    My car passed the NCT on Monday , I bet they find €600 worth of faults for free :(

You should bring it in for the craic and see what they come up with. And leave the old NCT disk on the car as they might spot that.

Would be an interesting experiment!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's free. I'll definitely let them have a look anyway.

biko wrote: »
    It's free. I'll definitely let them have a look anyway.

Do sure but be wary of any faults they find.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Booked in at Ballybane this morning for the free test.
    They found wear on the rear discs/pads and tyres are getting a bit worn. Low oil.
    Rest was ok and all findings perfectly sensible.
    Thanks AP and RSA :)

Advertisement