Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

play music all over house

• 05-11-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have almost 2000 albums in mp3 format on one pc. but i would like to access it in all my rooms without having to move pc everywhere.maybe even playing it from my pc and have the sound all over my house. any thoughts. i dont mind spending a few pound if i thought i could get a good set up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

The Sonos system may fit the bill. Even cheaper if you own an iPhone or iTouch as you don't need a controller. www.sonos.com

MT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

store all the files on a DLNA/UPnP enabled NAS and connect to it using compatible equipment.

I have done this and have set up directly a second (wired in) zone 2 from my amp (audio only), I was also thinking of sending zone 3 using something like a slingbox (audio & video) over ethernet to another room.

The TV supports DLNA, so I can stream to that, as does my phone, so I can walk about listening to music if I want.

My amp supports 4 independent concurrent zones, so you can really go mad if you want, but DLNA/UPnP is the easiest way to stream media around the house.

There are many ways of doing this, and it really depends on your budget, interest, and capability for installing devices throught the house.

I.e. wired in is much nicer, but costs more, and could be slightly more complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I would also recommend Sonos. It is a really good system, and you can play different songs in different rooms. It is also expandable up to 16 different zones as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

32 zones but who's counting :) And it's DLNA and UPnP compliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

and they have finally sorted out the Irish radio stations :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement