Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping

Options
  • 05-11-2008 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Has clamping been done away in the city and towing introduced.I don't see any cars clamped these days where years a go,you'e see every second one clamped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

God no.Passed the North Mall Saturday morning and there was four or five cars clamped.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ah no - it's still going on a lot
    maybe different areas than before...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

its definetly still going on. They clamped a good number of people out in CIT everyday. They seem to just tow u away if u have been there for a few days or if you r causing an obstruction

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

College road. They love to fúck over the students...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Bill-e wrote: »
    College road. They love to fúck over the students...

College road because the students shouldn't be parking illegally in the first place.. and explain to me why a student needs a car if they leave within spitting distance of the college ?

• Advertisement

craichoe wrote: »
    College road because the students shouldn't be parking illegally in the first place.. and explain to me why a student needs a car if they leave within spitting distance of the college ?

Well no one would be clamped if they were parking legally no would they Einstein.
    If a student lived within spitting distance of college he/she would walk in.

What I'm saying is that the college area is targeted unfairly.

Well no one would be clamped if they were parking legally no would they Einstein.
    If a student lived within spitting distance of college he/she would walk in.

What I'm saying is that the college area is targeted unfairly.

No its not, I've lived on Devonshire Street and Douglas street, tow aways and clamping was and still is a daily occurence. IMO Tow away is a much favorable choice as it gets rid of the obstruction that the person is causing.

Theres no such thing as being targetted unfairly, same crap as with Speed checkpoints. If you don't want to get Clamped then don't park illegally. If you don't want to pay for parking in the City then don't bring/own a car in the city.

I paid for a parking space as i wasn't entitled to a residents permit as there wasn't enough on street spaces.

It like being caught breaking into someones house that the gardai patrol due to it being a high crime area and then saying "Ah jesus lads, this isn't fair, you can't be targetting this area now"

Clamping is exploitation. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Clamping is exploitation. Simple as that.

Do you mean that clamping is an ineffective way of dealing with cars parked illegally? Because I would agree. I think they should be fined and towed. But it is in effect, so I have no sympathy for those who are clamped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I wish they'd call along to Gaol walk and clamp the cars parking on the footpaths there.

• Advertisement

Malari wrote: »
    Do you mean that clamping is an ineffective way of dealing with cars parked illegally? Because I would agree. I think they should be fined and towed. But it is in effect, so I have no sympathy for those who are clamped either.

I don't know what they mean, most cryptic response ever.

It should be that you get a parking ticket then after an hour or so the car should be towed away, leaving a space for other people to use. When they clamp someone who has used a disk and is just a small while over their time then that is just lame.

Clamping is stupid because the car can then remain where it is until 7pm. 80euro for all day parking if you want to look at it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

It should be that you get a parking ticket then after an hour or so the car should be towed away, leaving a space for other people to use. When they clamp someone who has used a disk and is just a small while over their time then that is just lame.

Clamping is stupid because the car can then remain where it is until 7pm. 80euro for all day parking if you want to look at it that way.

Well I presume the idea is that they can't get away without paying the fine. But yeah, taking up a space is bad enough, but when they clamp cars that are parked on double yellows, bus lanes, bus stops, etc it is just nonsensical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

I got clamped monday... living on Magazine Road, I was sick and fell asleep and when i woke I realised my disc was out by an hour, looked outside and there it was clamped:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If only we could move Cork to Scotland, clamping free zone.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

when they clamp cars that are parked on double yellows, bus lanes, bus stops, etc it is just nonsensical.

I agree. i tthink its really stupid too, they r only making the problem worse then. They should just tow them away if they are causing an obstruction.

suppafly wrote: »
    I agree. i tthink its really stupid too, they r only making the problem worse then. They should just tow them away if they are causing an obstruction.
    I don't think they can clamp on those locations. Those would be towed straight away. I got clamped once when my ticket had run out. There was about 20 cars across the road parked on double yellows and not one was clamped. I asked the Polish Fckwit why he didn't clamp them and he said that he couldn't do that road. Ah well

Advertisement