Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reversed sleeping pattern

Options
  • 05-11-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before.

My sleeping pattern is pretty messed up, and any advice appreciated.

Basically I work in a late bar/club on friday and saturday nights, and usually won't leave work until 5.30 - 6am. Followed by some food etc I usually get to bed around 7-8am. So on a sunday night I usually wake up around 6pm. This makes me unable to sleep "normally" on a sunday night which means I'm essentially up all night, fall asleep around 7am monday morning, and wake up in the evening.

I just woke up 20 mins ago and am still in bed as I post this.

I'm in college during the week and am getting zero work done during the day due to this. I've tried staying up for 24 hours without sleep and then going to bed at say 9pm, but come the weekend it just starts all over again.

Some people will say, "get a new job", but in the current state of affairs thats not too easy.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Hey Mr.Plough,
    On Sunday when you go to bed at 8am,sleep for 4/5 hours max & then get up,make yourself do this,get someone to drag you out of bed if you have too.:P
    Then you should do something in the afternoon, have dinner & a few drinks at home in the evening and hit the sack early,at 9/10 ish....
    You should be able to sleep at this point....
    I used to work 12 hour nights & this was how I recovered & reverted back to normal life :D;)
    Try it & see what happens:D

T

Advertisement