Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I think it's a fair enough action, I get sick of them as well - strangely seems to be all English people, whenever I've met Irish people online it's always a right laugh, joke here and there, whereas with the English guys that do talk, they have this authoritarian tone....the last day I didn't even have time to do something like the above, I was playing and accidentally once fell down to the floor below, and another time was dragged down by a smoker, cue:

first: "FOR GOD SAKE TERRORFIRMER YOU ****ING NOOB WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE"

second (I was dragged): "OH MY GOD...TERRORFIRMER AGAIN.... YOU UNBELIEVABLE NOOB WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT FOR GOD SAKE, TYPICAL WE GET STUCK WITH THE NOOB"

Then cue me being kicked by vote.

Aside from that I have to say haven't had too many bad experiences, especially not with Irish lads.

Well to be fair that is shocking nooblike action....by the way avoid me like the plague later im Achybreaky on xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    They updated yesterday with "Finding a dedicated server when starting the game from a lobby is now faster and more reliable".

Anyone tried it, any better?

No..it was much worse !
    Last night it was anyways straight after.
    I tried for at least 40 mins to find a lobby that would fill, and when i did we couldnt find a dedicated server.
    Out of the list of friends I have, only 2 were playin the game...im guessin most got annoyed with it and turned it off, as i had to do eventually :(

Ill be home at 9, and i hope to god its fixed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Does anyone know if there's splitscreen co-op on the Xbox version or if it's only playable online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's splitscreen co-op on the Xbox version or if it's only playable online?

Afaik there's at least 2-player split screen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Using openserverbrowser is your best bet by a mile.

I just had the shortest round as infected in versus there. Last map on Blood Harvest, the survivors hop out of the saferoom... Bill runs out well infront so I run alongside him in the trees as hunter. Just as I pounce him, it announces that I'm about to become tank :)

I become tank, a hunter stays on top of Bill (AI controlled?) and the rest of the eejit survivors run back into the safe room. I jump in with them and pound all three into dust. Game over! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

There's 2 player split screen per console, so you can do 4 player with system link. Also you can mix splitscreen and online play, so two people can play online with others from one console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

One thing I've noticed a lot of people don't realise is that if you are a tank you can kill the infected. I've pounced on top of a survivor numerous times as a hunter only to have someone as a tank come over and kill me, thinking they where helping in hitting the survivor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

L31mr0d wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed a lot of people don't realise is that if you are a tank you can kill the infected. I've pounced on top of a survivor numerous times as a hunter only to have someone as a tank come over and kill me, thinking they where helping in hitting the survivor.

Meh, as a tank you should only hit standing people. It's very easy to take out the whole team in a enclosed space.

Meh, as a tank you should only hit standing people. It's very easy to take out the whole team in a enclosed space.

An absolute pain though in open areas, especially if they have the better weapons. Of the few times I've spawned as a tank it was always out in the open, they'd all have the upgraded weapons and I'd get hit with a molotov straight away :(

It's a pity you can't choose when and where to spawn the tank, as you could time it right after a boomer attacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

An absolute pain though in open areas, especially if they have the better weapons. Of the few times I've spawned as a tank it was always out in the open, they'd all have the upgraded weapons and I'd get hit with a molotov straight away :(

It's a pity you can't choose when and where to spawn the tank, as you could time it right after a boomer attacks

I tend to wait or move into a enclosed area ahead of the team. Sometimes the other team takes their time and I lose control but it gives the rest of the infected time to set up for a ambush as well. Most players tend to get the concept when they get control after me, when they see a corridor with the team moving towards them, while their own team sets up around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm beginning to wonder if this game is already loosing its popularity? Few days ago no problem finding Versus games, now half the time I'm 5 minutes waiting for a lobby to fill, or, like right now, I simply can't find any populated lobby whatsoever. I have to user the browser to choose between literally 2 Versus games running, both of which are half empty....The game is fully updated. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I know I'm personally engrossed in GTA4 but as soon as I finish the single player storyline in that I suspect I will be straight back to L4D. So many good games out there to be played at the moment, its hard to dedicate so much time to any one game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm beginning to wonder if this game is already loosing its popularity? Few days ago no problem finding Versus games, now half the time I'm 5 minutes waiting for a lobby to fill, or, like right now, I simply can't find any populated lobby whatsoever. I have to user the browser to choose between literally 2 Versus games running, both of which are half empty....The game is fully updated. :confused:

Played a game yesterday, in the first chapter 1 dude runs way ahead of the rest of us to the safehouse and gets pinned down, I run to save him and end up getting getting overwhelmed. Wouldn't have minded that, but the douchebag had the nerve to call ME a noob...
    Disconnected then and have no intention of going back unless it's for a private game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:/

Online seems a bit...CS-y for lack of a better adjective.

Only bashed thru 2 levels when I bought it last week before I left [sorry i missed your invite stephen, I left it downloading and didnt know it finished.

[b.ie]kaimera on steam cos I'm defo up for a game when I'm home..sometime..I got a ****-off huge backlog of games waiting to be played :/

^^ complete n00b tho, havent even ventured online with it yet

I've been playing it again a lot tonight, and while it is great fun it is so buggy, and the server interface is the biggest pile of **** I've come across in a long time. Valve trying to reinvent the wheel just because...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I've been playing it again a lot tonight, and while it is great fun it is so buggy, and the server interface is the biggest pile of **** I've come across in a long time. Valve trying to reinvent the wheel just because...

Type openserverbrowser to open a server window.

My guess is: Valve didn't implement a server window by default because the max sign for campaign is 4 so the servers would fill up by the time you click it.

Also to the people who stopped playing online because of a bad experience: jeesh! lighten up, leave the game and start another one:p The game is great when you get good people:D

Type openserverbrowser to open a server window.

My guess is: Valve didn't implement a server window by default because the max sign for campaign is 4 so the servers would fill up by the time you click it.
    I do that but the browser itself is also pretty buggy, and you can usually only get into games that are nearly finished. I find it pretty annoying that every time a campaign finishes you get dumped back into the lobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I do that but the browser itself is also pretty buggy, and you can usually only get into games that are nearly finished. I find it pretty annoying that every time a campaign finishes you get dumped back into the lobby.

Well most people will leave after one game and if not, then they can stay in the lobby for the next game.

Anyone else having sound issues or is it my drivers? I'm talking about stuttering, sound repeating and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

tman wrote: »
    Played a game yesterday, in the first chapter 1 dude runs way ahead of the rest of us to the safehouse and gets pinned down, I run to save him and end up getting getting overwhelmed. Wouldn't have minded that, but the douchebag had the nerve to call ME a noob...
    Disconnected then and have no intention of going back unless it's for a private game...

something similar happened with my friends and I last night.

Was the 3rd level in the first campaign, guy decided to run all the way ahead to the lift and onwards. We just about get to the restaurantwhen we are hit with tonnes of zombies.

I hope they tweak the game to prevent people from doing that in future, it can really ruin a Vs game. then again, maybe i should just stick to playing with friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I agree, add everyone on the boards group and you will regularly have a good bunch.
    Except for Cold though, he'll shoot ya. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Originally Posted by tman

Wait, hasnt anyone called you bad things on the internet before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I played the demo and it was ok, but paying full price for a Mod (albeit a decent one) just doesn't seem worth it. Most of my TF2 server regulars had disappeared after the release but they're all drifting back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I played the demo and it was ok, but paying full price for a Mod (albeit a decent one) just doesn't seem worth it.
    Thats how I was thinking before I bought it but I've never seen a mod get near the quality of this game.

It really excels when you play with a group of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I played the demo and it was ok, but paying full price for a Mod (albeit a decent one) just doesn't seem worth it. Most of my TF2 server regulars had disappeared after the release but they're all drifting back now.

But its not a mod, Zombie Panic is a mod and is terribly one sided, this is polished and well balanced. Its nothing like a mod.

I'm looking forward to new content for this game (not just from Valve).

Also, check out the santa claus skin for the boomer :D
    http://l4dmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=677

Someone on that site is working on a Dawn of the Dead Crossroads Mall map!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Stephen wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to new content for this game (not just from Valve).

Also, check out the santa claus skin for the boomer :D
    http://l4dmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=677

Someone on that site is working on a Dawn of the Dead Crossroads Mall map!

I was hoping valve would of done a global kinda spuff patch like with Defcon and added Christmas skins for everyone.

played online the last few nights or there abouts and ****ing excellent.

just chose to find a game from my steam groups...not sure if they are boardsies or not but fantastic craic.

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If anyone knows of any clans or groups of people that play regularly together let me know. I joined the boards.ie Steam group, are there games on? I'm just so sick of playing Versus with pubbies. I want to play with people that actually know how to play!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Playing constantly with guys from Boards. It's great fun - the most I've had online since I first started playing CS or even Q2. Just jump in, send IM's to Boards people through Steam, who you see are playing and get in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Got the wrong drives on my pc wiped so I lost all my steam games and what not, haven't gotten time to installing it all again. Will probably get back playing during the christmas break

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    Playing constantly with guys from Boards.

Where you playing last night with that guy... man that guy couldn't half moan... if he wasn't bitching about not helping him he was giving out that I "let" a smoker drag me off the roof :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Maximilian wrote: »
    Playing constantly with guys from Boards. It's great fun - the most I've had online since I first started playing CS or even Q2. Just jump in, send IM's to Boards people through Steam, who you see are playing and get in a game.

+1 I love playing with the others boardsies and your good self, it's infititely better than just playing randomers. But god DAMN it's so annoying when the players get switched to different teams at the beginning of a new map. I wish there was a way to stop that.

i was playing earlier on and i swear this one guy was as jumpy as ****, anything that startled him and his was on the mic

funny as hell for me tho :)

easily best MP/co-op game in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

:o How do you sign up to the boards group?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Look for a boardie on steam and then go into the group below their name. Clink join or whatever

Or go here :p
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boards_ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

kaimera wrote: »
    i was playing earlier on and i swear this one guy was as jumpy as ****, anything that startled him and his was on the mic

funny as hell for me tho :)

easily best MP/co-op game in a long time

It wasnt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Where you playing last night with that guy... man that guy couldn't half moan... if he wasn't bitching about not helping him he was giving out that I "let" a smoker drag me off the roof :rolleyes:

There is nothing funnier that seeing someone getting dragged away into an air vent! We play with my mates brother and let that happen to him, We just all shined our flashlights and laughed at him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Those withoutc this game can try Left 4K Dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm trying to buy this game off Steam but access to the Store is dead. Anyone else having trouble with it?

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »

that game is insane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats good fun, amazing it's less than 4kb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Beat a level and it get harder ?

I killed 879 zombies...and i didnt find the end of the level...eventually my man wouldnt reload :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

OK I joined the boards group, hope to see some of you there!!!!!!111

PogMoThoin wrote: »

That's actually quite a good game, goes to show how amazing a well developed version of L4D for handhelds/mobiles could potentially be. I ended up playing it for 15 minutes today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Can i get this for cheap 20-30 euro pre used for the 360 does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Man this game is so annoying. I spent 1.20 on Dead Harvest on advanced (only have the game two days) with three other guys and we were doing some awesome teamwork for the last part. We'd get loaded up take our positions upstairs and we were almost there.

Then one guy left and this moron that replaced him ran ahead TWICE in a row and summoned the final horde when no one was ready. It seems that a flaw of Left4Dead is getting stuck with retards. I think I might join some online groups so I can play with some team players.

Valmont wrote: »
    Man this game is so annoying. I spent 1.20 on Dead Harvest on advanced (only have the game two days) with three other guys and we were doing some awesome teamwork for the last part. We'd get loaded up take our positions upstairs and we were almost there.

Then one guy left and this moron that replaced him ran ahead TWICE in a row and summoned the final horde when no one was ready. It seems that a flaw of Left4Dead is getting stuck with retards. I think I might join some online groups so I can play with some team players.

Leave him behind, let him run off and be killed. You'll get far more done with 2 decent players then you will with that 1 ass continuously running off, getting pinned and needing to be rescued.

One awesome feature is that when there is an idiot like that you can just choose to not revive him/not release him from the closets when he dies :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Campaign mode on Expert is...stressful.

I normally hate these you tube amatuer videos but this one is actually very good :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement