Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got myself a rather flukey man vs. tank achievement :) Stupid AI tank fell down the elevator shaft in no mercy 5 and I sent a molotov down after him to keep him company.

Hope you had a cool quip to accompany the fiery death. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fnz wrote: »

Eh... Tank FAIL!.... sorry.

Eh... Tank FAIL!

RIGHT ON!!!!

Classic Bond. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

FailTANK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody around interested in a game tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I've an hour or so to kill, count me in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

Yeah can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"I think this will warm you up to the idea of gravity."
    "It's really dark down there, heres a light."
    "Tanks for the memories, but I prefer flash photography."
    "What do you get when you mix stupid with fire? You."

It is officaly my mission to think up the cheesiest one lines during this game, fortunatly I got my mic back, so the world can hear them in time.

Gah, most of my friends list are playing that poxy warhammer game instead of L4D at the moment :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Me too, they dropped like flies. Haven't had a proper game of l4d since the beta or whatever it is was released :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Where can you get the demo of L4D guys??? I tried steam, didn't have it... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seriously ??

I dont think anyone would be even playing the demo anymore. If you seen how many hits this thread has, the amount of awards the game has got, the reviews that its recieved......and the fact that theres another thread advertising it for sale for 9-13 euro....there is NO reason not to buy this game !! :D:D

If you've any sort of a passing interest in FPS , zombies, horror, action or any combination of them...just get it....its the most fun online in years :):D

I've bought 4 copies at full price, to give to 3 mates...it is THAT good !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

There is no demo available any more. It was binned the day the game was officially released. To play it you now have to buy it.

As an aside, I really hope the release the source engine soon to the mod community. The game needs new content!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i think i should have got this instead of CoD: WaW :(

I think everyone should have got it instead of whatever game they bought last if they didnt already have it ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

em theres a few threads around that show how to get the demo working if youve downloaded it again (you could get the files from someone)

you can find it in torrent/ iso form if you know how to use google.

TBH its an amazing game, just buy it. The aspect of gameplay is incredibly simple and entertaining, like playing pacman. But in versus the game allows you to be incredibly creative in how you play. Our clan has some hilariously amazing strategies now from playing so much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a voucher for gamestop for 50 euros,was thinking of getting this,Im afraid it will take over m life though :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I have a voucher for gamestop for 50 euros,was thinking of getting this,Im afraid it will take over m life though :eek:

oh.. it will :o

You'll be ok, I find i never want to play it during the daytime, only at night.
    And its also the kind of game that after a week or so you'll want to play with people you know...as opposed to random public who WILL drive you insane..as its so team orientated :P

Its not a life eater in the sense of WoW or a Mmorpg, just buy it :):D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Our clan has some hilariously amazing strategies now from playing so much.

Like getting the opposing team to ragequit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Maximilian wrote: »
    Like getting the opposing team to ragequit :)

that was hilarious.... my pc monitors broken but im shipping over a replacement in a few days. Gonna organize a few more clan games, that last one was the funniest **** ive seen in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

i cant play it even though i have a working mic, stupid esat bt BB a million problems with them. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

last few nights it seems that not a lot of people are playing it anymore (damn DOW beta :D)

Is anyone interested in trying to complete the Blood Harvest Campaign on expert? Its the last one I need to get.

Possibly! Give me a shout later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might be on later myself. I'm not the best though :/

Might be on later myself. I'm not the best though :/

Hope you're feeling better soon, man. :pac:

The cast is off. I'm just less crap than I was :)

Won't get time to play tonight it seems :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Had this since crimbo but I MUST FINISH OTHER GAMES before installing. But you lot make it so hard :(

Had an epic game this evening, first good one in a few days.

/shakes fist at DoW traitors

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Stephen wrote: »
    Had an epic game this evening, first good one in a few days.

does that mean yer web conn is stable?!

I miss playing L4D but got stuff going on at the mo is all

Yeah, they fixed it about a week ago. Apparently Eircom's network had something of a bottleneck at Portlaoise which got ugpraded.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

JOIN US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've actually been playing a lot of World at War lately, have to say I'm not really interested in DOW2 despite having well over a thousand games clocked on DOW/Winter Assault online....

Will probably try play a bit of L4D again in the next while, tried playing a game with a few randomers last night and its just ****. Any extra news on the new content?

New content still not out :(

Also..for the first time today since patch....teams got switched after a round...i thought this bug was fixed :o:(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the single player like?

• Advertisement

Not great, its just you vs bots. This is really a multiplayer only game, the single player experience is only really useful for learning how it works.

hmm,the reason I asked is because my net connection is fairly dodgey,i.e it disconnects me every so often :-/.

I don't think it would be worth a purchase simply for single player. There is maybe 10 hrs playtime in single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

So would it be fairly useless on midband speeds 1mb/ps - 4mb/ps ??

No it'd be fine, assuming you're not on a 3G connection or something. What you need is low ping rather than high download speeds.

• Advertisement

wont be getting this anytime soon my rig is after dieing on me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

CutzEr wrote: »
    So would it be fairly useless on midband speeds 1mb/ps - 4mb/ps ??

I mostly play it on 1mb eircom BB over the wireless and its playable (far from perfect for obvious reasons but its mostly pretty good)

I mostly play it on 1mb eircom BB over the wireless and its playable (far from perfect for obvious reasons but its mostly pretty good)

I remember when eircom BB was first released, think it was the backend of 2004 .....that it was 512kbps , and that was fine for online gaming.

Cant see 1-4mb being a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I remember when eircom BB was first released, think it was the backend of 2004 .....that it was 512kbps , and that was fine for online gaming.

Cant see 1-4mb being a problem

It's the upload that is the problem... 128k upload (on the 1Mb account) will lag you out in some games (especially when used with voice comms). L4d is fine for me though on it.

Illkillya wrote: »
    It's the upload that is the problem... 128k upload (on the 1Mb account) will lag you out in some games (especially when used with voice comms).

Is that true? Experienced my first serious lag when 2 people were playing on the one connection.

I should have a 5 Mb download and (supposedly) 384 Kb upload speed. Though speedtest.net returns this result:

404440940.png

... would the upload speed be the problem or could it be that I have had interleaving removed from my line?

^^ That's pretty much bang on for the speeds you quoted. You have plenty of upstream bandwidth for L4D. We you playing a non-dedicated server by any chance? That always results in horrendous lag.

404440940.png

... would the upload speed be the problem or could it be that I have had interleaving removed from my line?

404532268.png

My upload speed is almost identical to yours and I experience no lag (though I don't use VOIP). You should be fine.

^^ That's pretty much bang on for the speeds you quoted.

You reckon? Thought the upload was a bit slow, even accounting for the quoted figure - actual speed droop. :D
    You have plenty of upstream bandwidth for L4D. We you playing a non-dedicated server by any chance? That always results in horrendous lag.

I thought 300 kb would be grand for 2 people too - perhaps the problem was a once (twice) off. We were using the best available server in the server browser - latency was probably < 90.

My upload speed is almost identical to yours and I experience no lag (though I don't use VOIP). You should be fine.

Only thing I can think of is that I asked for interleaving to be removed from the line to reduce my latency. I'll test 2 players a bit more before having it re-enabled. I use the in-game voice talk, aright, but player 2 didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For the 360 owners... finally a price-drop!

Just bought it there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement