Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust - from two to single

Options
  • 05-11-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

lookin to take the two exhausts off my sir-t and replace them with a single.

the car came in from japland this year with a very low back splitter on it and the dude i bought it off took the splitter off, so i think the exhausts look a bit out of place on the back. the leve is flush with the bumper i just dont like the twins.

anyways, has anyone any experience with going from 2 to 1? my bro in law is a mechanic and reckons it would be handy enough, but he would need to see it on the ramp to take a look.

i have been lookin for info on the net but cant find much.

all help appreciated.

cheers

heres a pic

j3xf1x98zc06l8cw4v9adn6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It should be no problem and a welder could sort it out for you. Depending on what way the pipes are split, it might just be a case of cutting out a small section and welding in a new straight section.

The only thing to remember is that the one exhaust will now be louder than the two, might not be much louder or could be alot louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cheers, senna, thats what my bro in law had reckoned, or he said it could be a case of cutting one back and blocking it up. straight through from the cat would be alright. he does the welding and all himself so shouldnt be too much hassle.

can anyone recommend a decent cat back exhaust.

are them skunk2 exhausts any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

have you concidered notching them at the point to where they bend out and just putting a dual cenetered exhaust on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

considered that but i would rather stick one nice pipe on from cat back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

There's a couple of single exit aftermarket exhausts available for accords,i dont have time to dig them at the minute but i will when i get a chance.

Imo they look better with the two,the skunk systems is dual exit anyway for a euroR

• Advertisement
Advertisement