Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

All I Need Now Is A Few Lights!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

WOuld the factory warranty still be in force on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭bf

You'll find that actual car is a lot cheaper than that & going through Merlin car auctions. He seems to advertise a lot of cars that go through there, so he won't have it in stock if you call him

Last month a 07 ex-Garda mondeo went through Merlin for about 4k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Anan1 wrote: »
    WOuld the factory warranty still be in force on that?

Good question, i'd imagine so unless it was limited mileage @ 78K on a 1 year old car i'd say Ford arent eejits when they see holes in the bumbers on the roof and on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Jaysus you'd nearly be tempted if you were lucking for a saloon. If you spent a few bob on Ford wheels, and a bit of that Platnium or Zetec outer trim if could look alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Jaysus you'd nearly be tempted if you were lucking for a saloon. If you spent a few bob on Ford wheels, and a bit of that Platnium or Zetec outer trim if could look alot better.

or some st220 bits :D

• Advertisement

homer90 wrote: »
    or some st220 bits :D

Ya, actually, that isn't the engine out of the 220's is it? What engine's are in those?

White will make a come back, i know it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Bluesmobile! :D

Just looking throught their cars, 06 S8 for 50K odd.... MAdness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Volvoboy wrote: »
    A first service the pads and disks need replacing! second service is a clutch!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Why do a lot of his cars have the front reg plates torn off or bent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

macroman wrote: »
    Why do a lot of his cars have the front reg plates torn off or bent?
    metal ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Plug wrote: »
    A first service the pads and disks need replacing! second service is a clutch!:D

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Everything would probably need replacing clutch gearbox discs etc and not to mention the bodywork with holes for all gardai equiptment plus the Dash with chunks taken out of it and of course the upholstery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

...covered in doughnut icing!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Check down behind the rear seats...they could be harbouring a small fortune :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

On a serious note, why would the Gardai be selling a one year old vehicle with only 70k on it? Surely they would get more value from the use of it than from the selling price? (assuming, of course, that there is no major mechanical damage).

And if someone really did want to get a bargain, wouldn't it be much better to get a few months out of a clapped out 6 year old Mondeo with half a million on the clock? It would owe one nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Ex Garda Fleet Vehicle, Bodywork Is A Bit On The Scruffy Side And Needs A Bit Of Tidying But This Car Is Mechanically Perfect,

Yeah right, the car has had the hole driven off it. 4th and 5th Gear were probably hardly used at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

On a serious note, why would the Gardai be selling a one year old vehicle with only 70k on it?

Licence plate snobbery I'd say. :D Plus the new shape is much nicer.

craichoe wrote: »
    Yeah right, the car has had the hole driven off it. 4th and 5th Gear were probably hardly used at all.
    Opinions seem to differ on this. Garda friends of mine tell me that patrol cars are very well maintained mechanically but otherwise there is a lot of wear, panel damage, grubby seats etc.

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    Licence plate snobbery I'd say. :D Plus the new shape is much nicer.

Actually, just got me thinking. I have yet to see a new model mondeo as a Garda car...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Wasn't there something in the news recently about there being a few hundred cars bought ages ago (more than a year) but sitting in storage due to lack of funds/motivation to complete the transformation into cop cars. Lights, livery etc.

milltown wrote: »
    Wasn't there something in the news recently about there being a few hundred cars bought ages ago (more than a year) but sitting in storage due to lack of funds/motivation to complete the transformation into cop cars. Lights, livery etc.
    Yes, according to the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General, some 1,300 hundred new Garda vehicles were 'lying up' for over a year.

Here's another small quote:
    Audit Concerns

The management of this procurement was out of line with previous commitments on the vehicle procurement and deployment practices of An Garda Síochána. Paying, in 2006, for vehicles some of which were not put into service until 2008 raises questions as to the efficient use of public funds. Any targeted reduction in the age profile of the fleet remained theoretical until the vehicles were actually deployed. It would have been good commercial practice to seek a discount on bulk purchases of over 700 vehicles. This did not appear to have been explored.

Advertisement