Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what the F*$k is wrong with my car???

Options
  • 05-11-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

urgent help required on this one please.
    ok, i'm driving a '00 1.7 diesel corsa car/van. 75k genuine miles, oil changed recently along with heat plugs, water pump , fresh battery and solenoid.and it was running perfectly until last week.went to start it, the starter motor kicked in but it failed to 'turn-over. tried this a few times, then a few push start, still no luck. i let the car sit up for a few days until today. it actually started multiple times, but ran for approx 5 secs and then died. any ideas what it could be?? ran the syptoms[sp?] past a few people and somone said it could be the fuel pump, and it's not gettting any diesel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

tayto909 wrote: »
    urgent help required on this one please.
    ok, i'm driving a '00 1.7 diesel corsa car/van. 75k genuine miles, oil changed recently along with heat plugs, water pump , fresh battery and solenoid.and it was running perfectly until last week.went to start it, the starter motor kicked in but it failed to 'turn-over. tried this a few times, then a few push start, still no luck. i let the car sit up for a few days until today. it actually started multiple times, but ran for approx 5 secs and then died. any ideas what it could be?? ran the syptoms[sp?] past a few people and somone said it could be the fuel pump, and it's not gettting any diesel.
    could be sh!tty deisal in it. Could you get a primer and see? pumps don't go that often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

thanks for reading. whats a primer or is that testing the diesel quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Don't take offence, but is there definitely diesel in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

tayto909 wrote: »
    thanks for reading. whats a primer or is that testing the diesel quality?
    It sucks the desial from the tank, threw the filter and into a bottle or the engine. Suck it into a bottle and see wat it is. Don't smoke around it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

sounds like a thingy to me - then i know nothing about cars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Sounds like a fuel pump but could be dirty fuel too.Were all the filters done or just oil????

Advertisement