Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted Dogs List

Options
  • 05-11-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Is there any website where all the restricted and banned dogs is listed.?

also if there is a dog/dogs on the list and you breed them is the litter on the list too.?

and last one, does anyone no of any general bandog/bandogge breeders in ireland.??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

There are no banned dogs, only restricted breeds

for example, if you were to breed an Akita with an Akita, which are a breed that are on the restricted breed list, their pups will obviously be Akita's, thus a restricted breed. It goes on breed, not on the individual dog. All it means really is that the dog has to be muzzled, on a lead no longer than 3' and handled by an adult when in public places. It's a stupid law really but still.

If I remember right a "bandogge" isn't a real breed, it's just a cross between a bulldog and a mastiff.

If you're going buying a dog get a purebred one from a reputable breeder rather than supporting somebody who breeds mixbreeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im nearly sure anvil ireland has a website with the list.

There are no breeds banned in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭smiffy2ky8

the bandog is a mix between a pitbull or staff and a mastiff, they are great gaurd dogs from what i have read and have been breed for weel over 200years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

kerrysgold wrote: »
    If you're going buying a dog get a purebred one from a reputable breeder rather than supporting somebody who breeds mixbreeds.

whats wrong with breeding mixed breeds?? it is alot better than the in-breeding/line breeding that ALOT of pedegree breeders do. if i remember correctly there was a discussion on here a while ago about the need for new gene's in pedigree lines. so maybe cross breeding dogs should be seen as a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

smiffy2ky8 wrote: »
    the bandog is a mix between a pitbull or staff and a mastiff, they are great gaurd dogs from what i have read and have been breed for weel over 200years

I don't know where you get your info from but neither the Staff nor the APBT are 200 years old. The original bandog was of mastiff TYPE and was being used for baiting and guarding. Bandog has never been a breed as such but had always been just name for a group of dogs as such.

However, some sly BYB (Joe Lucero for example) especially in the US have revived the old name and started crossing Neo Mastiff for example with APBT thus creating what they term Bandogge Mastiff.

It's a load of sh1te if you ask me. The country's pounds are full with Bull Breeds and their crosses without having more BYB's adding to the problem ala: you want it, you have the money, we breed it.

And it's a myth that certain crossbreeds have certain characteristics. It takes A LONG time for a breed to become stable ;). Genetics, my dear, genetics ;).

Back to the drawing table now as I am trying to create the *Lesser Spotted Irish Pocket Wolf*. Any input welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

EGAR wrote: »
    the *Lesser Spotted Irish Pocket Wolf*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Wow you will make a packet with them Egar will they be on the restricted breeds list could you breed a red and green one ?Or will it be the colour of the Galway team with spots Lol

Advertisement