Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archtitecure .. Structures grind?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Looking for grinds for Structures .. Theory & Design 2 ASAP. Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

mickydi wrote: »
    Looking for grinds for Structures .. Theory & Design 2 ASAP. Anyone interested?

You doing Structural Eng or Architecture? N who teaches it cos I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Im guessing Eugene O'Brien. Such an ass = Fun times with his exams!

snack_ie wrote: »
    Im guessing Eugene O'Brien. Such an ass = Fun times with his exams!

So is that designing masonary, yield lines for slabs and prestressed concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I have to do this next semester so sorry i can't help. Is it really as difficult as I've heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

playa3 wrote: »
    I have to do this next semester so sorry i can't help. Is it really as difficult as I've heard?
    If you mean CVEN20040, then same here - next semester. From the spec it looks like a similar concept to Structures I, a mix of stuff to remember and stuff to calculate. I got the Allen book (Fundamentals of Building Construction), which has a lot of tables and looks like it will help there - and I think the library has a few copies of that. I know they have Structures by Alan Jennings, which is more technical with the Maths but still readable.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭mickydi

Thanks ... it's Dr Mark Richardson ... Architecture 2nd year Theory & Design of Structures 2. Am really struggling ... anyone interested in giving me a few grinds?

Yea I could prob give you grinds. I fairly busy though. You're studying Architecture?

I'm doing a masters in Structural eng with arch. you can pm me if you like.

Advertisement