Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tatler Club

Options
  • 05-11-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the ad in the back of the limerick independent for the "new club"??

I think it could be the new name for teds?
    Anyone got any more info? I found their facebook page

Click

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ya it's Ted's alright. I passed it there today. They've some new signage up on the exterior of The Brazen Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

FACEBOOK page?! really?! surely they should just take out an ad on live 95 after the death notices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does anyone still listen to that station?

the same people who go to teds. :p

Haha, i was just about to say the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Teds is great for a laugh, i took a friend of mine there about 2 years ago as he'd never been, we were in the place 5 minutes before 2 women older than my mum started chatting us up, theres something empowering about being the most virile and young guy in an entire nightclub, i think my lack of bald patch/ponytail combo and sovereign rings is what hindered me though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

krudler wrote: »
    Teds is great for a laugh, i took a friend of mine there about 2 years ago as he'd never been, we were in the place 5 minutes before 2 women older than my mum started chatting us up, theres something empowering about being the most virile and young guy in an entire nightclub, i think my lack of bald patch/ponytail combo and sovereign rings is what hindered me though:D

And limit on your credit card.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I was in there on 2 occasions. Once I went with 2 mad mates of mine, we had some laugh. we found a group of black little people.... Where else would you find them.. We were hammered drunk and dancing with them for about 10 mins. then I spotted one of the lads leaning up against one of the mirrors on the dancefloor with this granny. they both had they're eyes shut but my mate was laughing. I think he found it so funny he had to keep the act up. was a night i'll never forget.hahaha

Is this tatler club going to be done up? is it going to be nicer and maybe bigger than teds or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I remember in a drunken haze the first time i was in Teds i thought it was huge, then it was only when i went for a dance i realised what i thought was a whole other side of the club was a ****ing mirror! I then met my aunt and uncle bopping away like a couple of teenagers, it was like being at a wedding but not ironic

maybe we should go as part of the boards beers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

zuroph wrote: »
    maybe we should go as part of the boards beers.

Good idea....anybody know where I can get a bottle of old spice? :D

im sure my uncle has a bottle he can lend us! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've been in Teds a few times and it's grand if you want some quality time with your other half rather than the usual predictable cattle market, suasage fests around town where you are queueing to go in, queueing at the cloak room, queuing at the bar and then bump into dozens of people you both know.

Granted the crowd is older and it feels like your at a wedding bash with the cheesy music selection but to be honest anytime we have been there it has been good fun and both of us enjoyed the break from the norm. Maybe we are just getting old. :D

BTW I hope they bloody fixed the latch on the men's stall, the times I have been in there it always seems to be broken. FFS replace it.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I've been in Teds a few times and it's grand if you want some quality time with your other half rather than the usual predictable cattle market, suasage fests around town where you are queueing to go in, queueing at the cloak room, queuing at the bar and then bump into dozens of people you both know.

Granted the crowd is older and it feels like your at a wedding bash with the cheesy music selection but to be honest anytime we have been there it has been good fun and both of us enjoyed the break from the norm. Maybe we are just getting old. :D

BTW I hope they bloody fixed the latch on the men's stall, the times I have been in there it always seems to be broken. FFS replace it.

Teds is legendary, i wouldnt be ashamed going there at all, everytime i have been there its been great!

I would probably class Aubars with the same atmosphere even if there is a bit of illegal goings on in Aubars ;) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Teds is legendary, i wouldnt be ashamed going there at all, everytime i have been there its been great!

I would probably class Aubars with the same atmosphere even if there is a bit of illegal goings on in Aubars ;) :eek:

Erm, I have never seen "illegal goings on" there, what exactly are you suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Same atmosphere as Aubars??Ur having a laugh surely....

And the "illegal" going ons happen everywhere,its not just Aubars

jackncoke wrote: »
    Same atmosphere as Aubars??Ur having a laugh surely....

And the "illegal" going ons happen everywhere,its not just Aubars
    A lot of people whipping powder from their noses when coming out of the bathroom.

Although I seen to gays at it in teds which is way worse to look at. it was sick. Not that I have anything against them but I don't particularly enjoy two fella's going at it

Fair enough but Aubars is the only place i have seen the nose wiping going on, maybe because its much smaller than most places.

And that gayness you saw, was probably the reflection of you in the mirror haha

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

TheLoc wrote: »
    A lot of people whipping powder from their noses when coming out of the bathroom.

Although I seen to gays at it in teds which is way worse to look at. it was sick. Not that I have anything against them but I don't particularly enjoy two fella's going at it
    (bolding mine)

that smacks of "i'm not homophobic but..." dont you think?

ellenmelon wrote: »
    (bolding mine)

that smacks of "i'm not homophobic but..." dont you think?
    I would laugh and agree normally but I have to disagree. I think everyone finds that kind of stuff discusting, even women. generally women would prefer to watch girl on girl than fella on fella. I'm not homophobic but the sight of 2 fella's with tongues down their throats.... It's just sick looking.

• Advertisement

I agree, nobody unless you are into that type of thing wants to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I agree, nobody unless you are into that type of thing wants to see it.

Don't worry kid. You'll grow out of that eventually.

Itsdacraic wrote: »

What is that supposed to mean? I think he's perfectly entitled to hold that opinion.

DarkJager wrote: »
    What is that supposed to mean? I think he's perfectly entitled to hold that opinion.

He's not holding an opinion he's making a broad sweeping statement.

Its not a sweeping statement. I think if you ask any straight male if they want to see 2 guys going at it you're answer is going to be no.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Its not a sweeping statement. I think if you ask any straight male if they want to see 2 guys going at it you're answer is going to be no.
    Damn STRAIGHT haha

Just because itsdacraic doesnt mean we want to see it.

See what i did there :D

Grow out of it???? what the hell are you talking about??? you can't "grow out of it"!!! ur wierd or gay(which is ok, Just don't be shiftin the face off some youngfella infront of us...)

TheLoc wrote: »
    I would laugh and agree normally but I have to disagree. I think everyone finds that kind of stuff discusting, even women.

It was actually this guy I meant to quote, although put of them seem to have the same opinion.

I'm a straight fella, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to watch two men kissing, if it did happen in front of me, so what? It's not me that they're kissing.

• Advertisement

It was actually this guy I meant to quote, although put of them seem to have the same opinion.

I'm a straight fella, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to watch two men kissing, if it did happen in front of me, so what? It's not me that they're kissing.
    It's still not pleasant... I'd rather watch the 2 wrinckly people from little britain riding the flange off eachother. 2 fella's kissing is sick. Ur are the 1st person that I know who has ever said something like that. it just looks like someone sucking sick off the ground. rotten.

Advertisement