Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tatler Club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It was actually this guy I meant to quote, although put of them seem to have the same opinion.

I'm a straight fella, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to watch two men kissing, if it did happen in front of me, so what? It's not me that they're kissing.

I suppose you are right there, i mean how many times have seen on television, two lads kissing, even though it is pretty sick to look at.

Its just wrong

If we go to the example of the garden of eden, god didnt make adam and barry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

TheLoc wrote: »
    Grow out of it???? what the hell are you talking about??? you can't "grow out of it"!!! ur wierd or gay(which is ok, Just don't be shiftin the face off some youngfella infront of us...)

I would have had the same "gays are sick" opinion asas you when I was 19 or 20. But then I broadened my horizons, travelled around a bit, and you realise there are a lot worse things in life than two consenting adults of the same sex kissing each other.

I would have had the same "gays are sick" opinion asas you when I was 19 or 20. But then I broadened my horizons, travelled around a bit, and you realise there are a lot worse things in life than two consenting adults of the same sex kissing each other.

True that there are worse things...you are just of the mind that you dont care, as you have probably seen it so many times.

I would say the same, but i just wanted to share my feelings on the subject.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Travelling a bit eh??? did you go to thailand and fool around with a few lady boys???? Broaden your horizon's.... I'd say you experimented a small bit and got caught. Well it's ok to be gay man. i've nothing against it. good luck to ya. but I do think shifting in public is bad for everyone concerned. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Nobody is saying "gays are sick". You're jumping the gun a bit there. What sexuality they choose is their own choice, and personally I don't mind them at all in anyway, I just don't want to see them getting intimate in public, especially in a pub which isn't a gay pub.

Edit: @TheLoc, tame your posts down a bit man or you'll end up getting banned for personal absue. Just a heads up!

• Advertisement

True that there are worse things...you are just of the mind that you dont care, as you have probably seen it so many times.

Sparks supports rovers so i'd say he is into a bit "experimenntaaaation" too.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Nobody is saying "gays are sick". You're jumping the gun a bit there. What sexuality they choose is their own choice, and personally I don't mind them at all in anyway, I just don't want to see them getting intimate in public, especially in a pub which isn't a gay pub.

Edit: @TheLoc, tame your posts down a bit man or you'll end up getting banned for personal absue. Just a heads up!
    This is exactly my opinion. I don't really care if people are gay. but just be polite and don't rub it in. I have gay mates (2 of them). They can what ever they want aslong as I don't see or hear about it.

Well thats probably it as well, in other places, open displays of affection by gays would be more common and as you say it probably just stopped to shock me and I became accustomed to it.

I'm no adovacte for gay rights or anything. I just found the statement that "everybody finds it disgusting" a bit of a generalisation.

Sparks supports rovers so i'd say he is into a bit "experimenntaaaation" too.

Go away you gowwwwwwwl

This is exactly my opinion. I don't really care if people are gay. but just be polite and don't rub it in. I have gay mates (2 of them). They can what ever they want aslong as I don't see or hear about it.
    Sure I said nothing more than what you said u clown. i just said I didn't want to see it. it's an opinion. U just said the same thing.

• Advertisement

So that settled.

Teds is a gay club :D

Well thats probably it as well, in other places, open displays of affection by gays would be more common and as you say it probably just stopped to shock me and I became accustomed to it.

I'm no adovacte for gay rights or anything. I just found the statement that "everybody finds it disgusting" a bit of a generalisation.
    well it is a generalisation. i should have said most my bad

So that settled.

Teds is a gay club :D
    haha i dunno. I just spotted it. I think teds is just a bit different. :)

I know you said you dont care, but deep down being a straight lad, you must find it a bit disgusting??. I think Loc meant it in the way that he knows it happens and doesnt care if it happens but just that people dont want to see it.

Disgusting is a bit of a strong word

I know you said you dont care, but deep down being a straight lad, you must find it a bit disgusting??. I think Loc meant it in the way that he knows it happens and doesnt care if it happens but just that people dont want to see it.

Disgusting is a bit of a strong word
    Disgusting is not a strong word. thats what it is. Even when a straight couple are kissing away in the corner, its not disgusting but I still feel like telling them that they can just do that at home in theire own comfort instead of annoying everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads, back on topic and steer away from the homophobic comments please, or I'm locking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

offtopic.jpg

:D

We're all off for a few scoops in teds so tonight yea??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i'll see u in the jacks big boy xx

zuroph wrote: »
    i'll see u in the jacks big boy xx
    That was awesome thx xxxx... hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tiger tiger

looks the same as ever to me. Just had a big red curtain stapled to the ceiling down the back. Music was poor, funky house but a bad selection, quite boring atmosphere.
    Will try it again, just hope it's a lot better when i do. I do wish them the best of luck though. And yeah it was a bit Graham Norton lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

At least they dont need a disco ball. The light reflects off all the wedding rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Jumpy wrote: »
    At least they dont need a disco ball. The light reflects off all the wedding rings.
    the wedding rings are in their pockets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hmm, you seem familiar with the process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The wedding ring thing is true, was in there once and a guy was in the jacks soaping his hand up furiously (stop it!) trying to get his wedding ring off, and then says to me "ah sure what she doesnt know wont hurt me!"

Advertisement