Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything further on the brown water situation?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has learned anything further on the brown water coming from the kitchen / bathroom taps? Going to drain the tank as suggested in earlier thread but its a lot of work and dont want to have to do it if its not gonna work. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's hardly a lot of work... All you need to do is turn off the water at the mains (valve under kitchen sink) and then run off the water by flushing your toilets and/or running the bath and sinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

if the water from your cold tap in the kitchen is brown then its a mains problem and you need to contact your management company because charlesland hasn't been taken in charge from the Council yet.

BUT if it is from any other taps in the house its an internal plumbing problem (ie.your tank) and its not hard to sort as was said before. Just dont go causing an airlock in your system!

If you search the www anyway you'll find how to get rid of airlocks! Its easy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Jemmy wrote: »
    if the water from your cold tap in the kitchen is brown then its a mains problem and you need to contact your management company because charlesland hasn't been taken in charge from the Council yet.

BUT if it is from any other taps in the house its an internal plumbing problem (ie.your tank) and its not hard to sort as was said before. Just dont go causing an airlock in your system!

If you search the www anyway you'll find how to get rid of airlocks! Its easy too!

I find it really makes my stomach rumble when i drink it, and we drink a lot. Maybe a higher mineral count than we usually drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I find it really makes my stomach rumble when i drink it, and we drink a lot. Maybe a higher mineral count than we usually drink.

Noticed this in Delgany aswell - any further news on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gryphonent

We just moved into an apartment in Charlesland Crescent and found that the water is yellow/brown and very smelly. Both in the kitchen and the bathrooms. My girlfriend has, after only two showers, already developed a skin rash. Is there any status update on this? Anybody else still experiencing problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Tha area engineer is based down by the offices at the south Beach. I know Charlesland hasn't been taken in charge but if you let him know it's mains water but I'm sure he won't mind offering advice.

Huntthe wrote: »
    Tha area engineer is based down by the offices at the south Beach. I know Charlesland hasn't been taken in charge but if you let him know it's mains water but I'm sure he won't mind offering advice.

Well the Area Engineer can't help you if its not taken in charge unfortunately, you need to get onto your management company for Charlesland and get them to follow it up. Esp if a few of you are having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Jemmy wrote: »
    Well the Area Engineer can't help you if its not taken in charge unfortunately, you need to get onto your management company for Charlesland and get them to follow it up. Esp if a few of you are having trouble.

Lets try that again...

I know Charlesland hasn't been taken in charge but if you let him know it's mains water but I'm sure he won't mind offering advice

Who do you think the management company are going to get on to...

Lets try that again...

No need for that. You did say...
    but if you let him know it's mains water but I'm sure he won't mind offering advice.

Like i said the only advice he'll give you is to contact the management company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

And then the thread spirals down the drain! Keep it civil and to the point please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement