Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iPod Ready Car for under 30k

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭xt40

Biro wrote: »
    Aren't Opel advertising that the new Corsa has a connection? Looks like it's just a headphone jack though.
    Still, who really gives a crap. That's what FM transmitters are for! And not everyone has an iPod! There are many brands of MP3 players out there without being limited to that sh!tty iTunes.

opel obviously believe that the average punter is an absolute moron who will buy a car on the basis of it having a 10 cent 3.5mm jack plug or whtever. the saddest thing is they are probably right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

xt40 wrote: »
    opel obviously believe that the average punter is an absolute moron who will buy a car on the basis of it having a 10 cent 3.5mm jack plug or whtever. the saddest thing is they are probably right

Going by this thread they would appear to be.

I made my car mp3 ready the other day by buying a line-out dock for my sony player, a dashboard holder and a casette adapter....total cost: €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

If you don't want peoples opinions on a public forum, ask elsewheres.

Fair point
    You were fairly vague with your question, which basically seemed you were looking for a car, with no other concern than an ipod cable. What did you expect?
    ...Its not the most important car issue ...

Slightly off topic, I have one of these Griffin RoadTrip http://www.iworld.co.uk/iWorldSite/product/all_iPods_FM%20Transmitters/GR_6195RDTRPB/Griffin_RoadTrip_2007_iPod_FM_Transmitter.htm
    in a car with an external aerial at the back and there is interference 'in small towns and built up areas,

I use the older version of this Kensington http://www.iworld.co.uk/iWorldSite/product/all_iPods_FM%20Transmitters/KE_33424EU/Kensington_Liquid_FM_Transmitters.htm in an estate with the aerial integrated in the side window and there has never been a problem anywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I've heard of i-trips, but not iworlds. Sure it's a similar thing. In my last car i had a €70, radio that had an ipod connection. You could leave the ipod there and never touch it, it would always come on straight away etc. etc.

My current €200 euro radio, when the ipod dies, if often won't charge it up again, and takes a bit of hassle plugging it in and out tryin to get a bit of a charge to turn it on. It's a pity really when you go out to your car for a long journey etc. and it says no ipod. Charges up and works after a while buy itself though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement