Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell ?!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

No, he was gracious in defeat.

What could he have gained from being negative towards Obama after he had lost?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I thought it was very classy. I didn't care for McCain during the campaign but he went out like a gentleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nope, he showed his true colours in the speech. He basically wants what Obama wants and is hoping to be a part of it. A cynic may suggest he's tryin to get a job in the cabinet and maybe he is, but now that he has no reason to appeal to the Republican "base" I think he'd be an excellent choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

No. It was a great speech. McCain showed us what he was made of. An honorable gentleman. You can be sure he will continue with this attitude when he returns to the Senate.
    It's a pity his supporters booed Obama. It shows that they were really the reason for his defeat, not him as he so graciously implies.
    Now lets hope Obama can unite the country and get some things done.

Was it me or did anybody else think Palin got booed too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Was it me or did anybody else think Palin got booed too?

Yep, I heard booing on BBC world

• Advertisement
Advertisement