Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Repairs...........help!!!!!!!!

• 05-11-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anybody knows of a good tattooist, within Kildare who can do repairs to, lets just say a 'tattoo gone wrong'....
    I know someone who had a job done on their tattoo in a place in Maynooth but I was not overly pleased with the end result.....
    Basically I have a small tattoo on my foot that needs a small adjustment it's fairly straight forward nothing major at all.
    It's the 17" tattoo I have alongside my body, from my armpit to my thigh, that needs the work done to it, not only does it need re-inking it needs to be outlined again, as the guy that did it for me took on more than he could handle... :mad: it would be a fab tattoo if it was done properly :(
    I need this done asap, so if anyone knows of a great tattooist or miracle worker your input I would appreciate :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Within Kildare? If it's such a big tattoo and you want to get it right, why not travel a bit to get it sorted!

We'd need to know the style, or get a pic if possible of the tattoo to best match it to a tattoo artist who would do the style best for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

Thanks Damo, you have a point there and I should and will look outside Kildare to get the proper job done.
    I cannot post a photo of it here for all to see as to be honest it's alongside my body so it is rather revealing, I'm not that brave :pac:

If you could get a pic of part of it that's along your side, like stomach area, that should be enough, no need to flaunt your wares! ;)

If you could get a pic of part of it that's along your side, like stomach area, that should be enough, no need to flaunt your wares! ;)
    Ok well I'm new to this site how to do I attach a photo??

If you click the "Reply" button (as opposed to using the quick reply box)
    On the reply page, below where you type your message, there is "Additional Options", and you should see a button saying "Manage Attachments".
    This will bring up a small pop-up window, where you can browse for the file on your computer, then click upload. Once that is done, you can close the little window, finish your message and submit your reply. :)

• Advertisement

Ok I hope this works it will give you an idea anyway oh and thanks :)

No probs at all Karmaa! :D

As it's solid black work, the first one that springs to mind is unfortunately gone out of the country, Mariusz from Snakebite...
    http://www.snakebite.ie

Michele in Art Tattoo in Temple Bar is meant to be very good for his blackwork too.
    http://www.dublinarttattoo.com/
    There are loads more too, but they are the two that jump to mind :)

No probs at all Karmaa! :D

As it's solid black work, the first one that springs to mind is unfortunately gone out of the country, Mariusz from Snakebite...
    http://www.snakebite.ie

Michele in Art Tattoo in Temple Bar is meant to be very good for his blackwork too.
    http://www.dublinarttattoo.com/
    There are loads more too, but they are the two that jump to mind :)

That's brill cheers for that :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Where`d you get that done Karmaa.Im not overly impressed with the quality of work in it.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Where`d you get that done Karmaa.Im not overly impressed with the quality of work in it.
    oh you and me both, I agree there is no quality in that whatsoever, I'm not going to say where I got this done but will say I won't be going back ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Karmaa wrote: »
    oh you and me both, I agree there is no quality in that whatsoever, I'm not going to say where I got this done but will say I won't be going back ever.

Can you give me a hint..Have a gift voucher for a place in Kildare and wouldnt mind knowing where it was done.Pm it to me if you want to keep it off thread.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Can you give me a hint..Have a gift voucher for a place in Kildare and wouldnt mind knowing where it was done.Pm it to me if you want to keep it off thread.

I have just sent you a pm there now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Karmaa wrote: »
    I know someone who had a job done on their tattoo in a place in Maynooth but I was not overly pleased with the end result.....

oh jesus, think i know the place you're talking about. just finished my 3 years in NUIM this year and if it's the place i think it is, it only opened up in the past year.

used to walk past it on the way down to the bus stop and thought it looked a wee bit sketchy!

Advertisement