Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick: where's the hospital?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    just wondering where abouts the hospital is from the city, as in could you bus it, or walk it.

Don't know limerick at all but could be moving there after christmas, so just want to get an idea of what areas i should be looking at on daft..and ones i should avoid:) I think it's St Camillus hospital..

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

St camillus is on shelbourne road, just off the ennis road. about 10-15 minutes walk from city centre, is served by regular bus.
    there is other hospitals though, so might be worth checking to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Buying/renting?

What facilities do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Hi,
    just wondering where abouts the hospital is from the city, as in could you bus it, or walk it.

Don't know limerick at all but could be moving there after christmas, so just want to get an idea of what areas i should be looking at on daft..and ones i should avoid:) I think it's St Camillus hospital..

thanks in advance

Despite what you may have read in the papers, living close to a hospital is not essential when moving to Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

St Camillus is a nursing home / Dental clinic I believe. Just making sure you're aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yeah Im aware it's the nursing home part alright, I may have placement down there but will find out tomorrow for certain, just wanted and idea of area I should be looking at on daft. ie for short term renting..thanks everyone:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Anywhere along the Ennis Road, or in town itself would be okay.
    It's literally a 10-15 min walk from the city center (depending on how long your legs are!:p), and there are regular busses every 15-20 mins that either pass or go very close to it.

somewhere along the strand would be ideal for you i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Caherdavin,
    Maorstone,
    Ashbourne,
    North Circular Road,
    Ennis Road,
    Fern Hill,
    Clancy's Strand,
    Farranshone,
    Shelbourne,
    Lansdowne.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

bazz26 wrote: »
    Caherdavin,
    Maorstone,
    Ashbourne,
    North Circular Road,
    Ennis Road,
    Fern Hill,
    Clancy's Strand,
    Farranshone,
    Shelbourne,
    Lansdowne.
    i'd go wit any of the above,,all good area's oh,,and mind my nana,,she in st.camillus's:D

There's a year lease on this but it's 8-9 houses from the hospital.
    http://www.daft.ie/2631304

• Advertisement

Wow that's lovely, Ill find out tomorrow for definite where and stuff but it's only for 4months. Thanks for all your help fellow boardies ye're very nice on this limerick forum :D

if u want a NICE apartment, go for lansdowne, they're just built and gorgeous, and ud be very close to town for heading shopping/out, and only 10 minutes from work too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You could always get an apartment in the city centre.
    Buses run from Dunnes to Caherdavin via Camillus' every 20 minutes so it'd be grand.
    Living in the city centre is a great benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There are two there hospitals, St Johns and The Regional :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rappp attackkk

I work there at weekends... Houses are always coming up on the notice boards inside so check that out if youre stuck. other than that id say look at what was said before. the bus you wanna get is the caherdavin no.302. it goes every 20 mins from dunnes in town. :)

I work there at weekends... Houses are always coming up on the notice boards inside so check that out if youre stuck. other than that id say look at what was said before. the bus you wanna get is the caherdavin no.302. it goes It's supposed to go every 20 mins from dunnes in town. :)

Fixed that there for ya. It's walkable anyway.

There are two there hospitals, St Johns and The Regional :D
    there are;
    Mid western Regional,
    St. Johns,
    St. Camillus'
    Barringtons
    Limerick Private (soon to be completed)
    Limerick vet
    Hospital, Co. Limerick :D:D

zuroph wrote: »
    there are;
    Mid western Regional,
    St. Johns,
    St. Camillus'
    Barringtons
    Limerick Private (soon to be completed)
    Limerick vet
    Hospital, Co. Limerick :D:D

MW Orthopaedic Hospital Croom
    St. Ita's Hospital NCW

:D

Quite the comprehensive list of hospitals there, I'm yet to find out if and where in Limerick so I'll be back:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nobody mentioned St Joseph's...:pac:

Advertisement