Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe problem

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

Howdy :)

Yeah, I've been wanting to get my lobes done for some time now, and then stretch them up, but I haven't done it yet, mainly because I have this weird thing, smack bang in the center of my left lobe. It's a lump, about the size of a pea, and it's rock hard. It's right in the middle of my lobr too so it's not like its a spot or anything, it doesn't show on the surface, and it's not sore or anything.. I've been waiting for it to bugger off but It's been there for several months now, maybe even a year. What should I do? I'm not sure if it'd be safe to get my lobe pierced? Should I go ask the piercer? or even a GP? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you had them pierced before it could be that? If not I'd say go to the gp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Probably just scar tissue but just to be safe head to your GP and get it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Cheers for the replies. I've never had my lobes pierced before. I reckon I'll hop along and get it checked out. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

Could be a cyst. Have your GP take a look first as piercing that with a view of putting in jewellery might not be too advisable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

it may be a keloid scar inside your ear, they can come out if you cause any trauma to the ear( and the result can be a big lump on the back of your ear,), especially peircing, i would be extremely careful about it and defo get it checked out before you pierce because if it is a keloid and it comes out, it can grow really really large and they are pretty much impossible to get rid of, surgery can result in them coming back larger and other topical methods of treatment are very expensive and not gauranted to work, so defo check it out, trust me you do not want to be landed with one of those things!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Keloids...
    *shudders.
    901545756a5240755598l.jpg

And for the love of god people, clean your plugs, regularly.

http://file031b.bebo.com/15/large/2007/06/30/16/901545756a4836841930l.jpg
    (warning, picture might just make you sick)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

*gets sick*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

EW! Cian, is that necessary? :(

You'd be shocked how many people i come across with their plugs in that state, so i think it is worth a mention.
    To be nice though, i'll link to it, so no one has to be sick. :)

Yeah, but I don't get how ear-smegma relates to this persons problem! D:

• Advertisement

I just like the picture... :rolleyes:

WOOOOSH TO OTB

You've got a thing for ear cheese, hmm? Might be one of those fetishes you should keep to yourself ;)

Advertisement