Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Airbag Light on Pug 206

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Howdy pps,

Need a bit of help with my Pug 206, it is a 02 and only has about 36K on the clock. When i started it on Sat afternoon the dash light up as norma but the driver airbag light stayed on. I have tried disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it after a day to see if it would reset the ECU, but no joy.

Any ideas, i do not want to have to go to a Main Stealer...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesO

Ya need someone with pug diagnostics to switch it off, takes about 5 minutes. Your milage seems a little low for a 2002??????????

jD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

jamesO wrote: »
    Ya need someone with pug diagnostics to switch it off, takes about 5 minutes. Your milage seems a little low for a 2002??????????

jD

I know its low milage, will prob have problems when trying to sell it as no-one will believe me,

i used to use it for work but now i use the bike prob only gets used 3 or 4 times a week but is kept well serviced passed two NCT tests without any problems, well except the fact the reg plate was faded this time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was there any rear seat passengers in the car or was the inside of the car valeted recently?

Sometimes the passenger air bag sensor or wiring loom underneath the front passenger can become dislodged or damaged if a rear passenger kicks it with their feet or equally a hoover can do similar. Might be worth having a quick look under the front passenger seat.

Ultimately though you are probably going to have to bring it to a professional to diagnose the problem as safety device warning lights are there for a reason and should not be ignored or disabled without finding the cause.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Was there any rear seat passengers in the car or was the inside of the car valeted recently?

Sometimes the passenger air bag sensor or wiring loom underneath the front passenger can become dislodged or damaged if a rear passenger kicks it with their feet or equally a hoover can do similar. Might be worth having a quick look under the front passenger seat.

Ultimately though you are probably going to have to bring it to a professional to diagnose the problem as safety device warning lights are there for a reason and should not be ignored or disabled without finding the cause.

Would thi effect the driver airbag as this is the only light coming on the passenger light goes ff as normal.......

I understand it is a safety issue which is why i haven't driven it and wont till its fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

1. there are orange little clips under each of teh front seats, disconnect/unplug them and reconnect/plug them back in. if this doesnt do the trick it could be:

2. rotary swtich behine teh steering wheel, that is if, teh light is flashing initially, and then goes static from then on. if its teh rotary switch its 120 euro inc vatm, its an easy fit, ur backstreet mechanic could do it.

let me know how u get on, might be able to help,
    ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Would thi effect the driver airbag as this is the only light coming on the passenger light goes ff as normal.......

Then look under the driver seat and check the connection there.

I had a Citroen Xsara (based on the Peugeot 306), and the airbag light (it only had one light for all airbags) would often stay lit on the dash. It was caused by exactly what bazz26 said - the passenger seat had a tray under it for the manual, and sometimes this would knock against the airbag cable connector under the seat and the light would come on.

Unplugging and replugging the connector (with the engine off) would solve the problem. When I moved the car's manual from under the seat, it never happened again.

I brought it to a Citroen dealer once, and they said it was a known issue and the solution was to solder the connection (and that it didn't affect the function of the airbag), but as it was so easy to fix myself, I didn't bother.

Of course, since the airbag is important safety equipment, you will probably want to get it checked out properly anyway - but no harm in taking a look at the connector.

Cheers lads for the advice, i will try this tomorrow evening when i get in from work. I will let you know how i get on

Advertisement