Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as a terrapin sanctuary?!

• 05-11-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I am looking for a terrapin sanctuary for my terrapin who lost his friend and has spent the last few years in his tank on his own. I know he is not happy. Is there such a place that I could bring him to, where he would be with other terrapins?
    Thanks a lot
    Norah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

http://www.irishanimals.ie/reptiles/index.html

Irish Chelonia Group

WEBSITE:: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/irish_chelonia_group/

This group is merely a pilot programme to give tortoise, terrapin and turtle keepers in Ireland a forum to meet and discuss how best to come together to exchange advice, information and experiences on such issues of tortoise keeping as are particular to Ireland. We need some kind of effective forum/organisation in this country to bring together committed and dedicated keepers and to spread safe and tried modern methods of tortoise husbandry among the many who have no more than 'pet shop' advice on how to care for these marvellous creatures.

Irish Association of Tortoise Keepers

PHONE: 0879051612

E-MAIL: e-mail

ABOUT: The group was formed to promote the welfare, conservation of and interest in tortoises, terrapins and turtles both in the captivity and in the wild. We provide personal husbanbry advice and we operate a free hotline" advise whenever required:

We can rehome tortoises, terrapins, turtles among our members all over Ireland. We have strict vetting procedures. All members on our rehome register are visited by a member of the committee before are put on the re-homing register

Tortoise keeping is a very intresting and rewarding hobby but one which should not undertaken lightly. Keeping tortoises etc. as pets in their non native countries requires commitment and hard work, if one is to provide them with proper care, so that they are healthy and can enjoy a happy life. If People are thinking of buying or adopting a tortoise read up on tortoises care to find out whether they will be able to care properly for such an animal for many years to come (tortoises live for a long time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I know this is an old thread and I found it through google, but theres a place here that may be able to help with exotic pets:

<snip>

Please note the forum rules have changed since this thread was started

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement