Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening an australian bank account in dublin

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

how do i do it?? do i have to do it through usit or is there any australian banks operating in dublin?

EDIT : there's no need for this topic actually - found out about it with a bit of searching. mods close this if you want

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 infacta

what did you find out bout it? wana do the same but dont wana pay loads plus going in 2 weeks so dont have that much time i dont mind opening it when im over there but would be easier now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i know the kiiw bit of ANZ have an ad featuring a scottish family, showing that they set up the whole thing via email before coming over... not 100% sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 WOGGET

i just applied for an account through commonwealth bank. it was either that or ANZ. with ANZ you have to fill out a form and snail mail it to australia whereas with commonwealth you just apply over the internet. go to this link to sort it out (takes 5 working days though!)

http://www.commbank.com.au/movingtoaustralia

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Great topic. Have been looking into this also. Would be great to have it sorted before I leave.

Thanks for the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Bloody hell. Just do it when you get there. Takes 10 minutes. Don't actually pay anyone to do it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Westpac let you sort out an account before you go:

http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/publish.nsf/Content/PBIT+Migrant+banking

Advertisement