Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live using Wireless adapter Headache!

• 05-11-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So I'd been using Live happily for a few years direct via ethernet but have had to changed to wireless for various reasons.
    I bought the official wireless adapter and am connecting to a Netgear wireless router (ISP is NTL). The problem is that I can play games (Halo 3) for approx 30mins fine, then I start lagging or connection freezes even after re-boot of console etc. The network settings on dashboard say I'm connected fine and have an 'Open' NAT. Also, I've assigned my Xbox a static IP and made it the DMZ host but the problem is still persisting.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Idioteque

Comments

you cant beat a cable. i have been using two of these for the last 6 months and i can't fault them

http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-pl-85pe.htm

they turn any electrical socket into an internet point. you plug one into your wireless router and the other into the socket beside your xbox and then run a cable off it into the back of the xbox. i never used the official xbox wireless bridge, i heard it was ARSE. hope this helps:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

you cant beat a cable. i have been using two of these for the last 6 months and i can't fault them

http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline-pl-85pe.htm

they turn any electrical socket into an internet point. you plug one into your wireless router and the other into the socket beside your xbox and then run a cable off it into the back of the xbox. i never used the official xbox wireless bridge, i heard it was ARSE. hope this helps:D.

Yes those things are great! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wud that work with ntl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,099 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lidl or Aldi had them in a few weeks back. Meant to be pretty good

Placebo wrote: »
    wud that work with ntl?

dont see why not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Works with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

That looks well good - I've heard of those 'network through the power system' things before, but never actually seen them.

Any potential issues with using them with an Xbox? Is the Xbox wireless adaptor really crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

edanto wrote: »
    Is the Xbox wireless adaptor really crap?

any advice, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

any advice, please?

No. I used it for about a year without any problems. It sounds like your router might be the issue tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

any advice, please?

Mine works fine all the time using over a year now.

Only about 6 metres away from router through one wall, mate has his fair bit away through a few walls and the floor and never had issues either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement