Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Garda patrol

• 06-11-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Was given a link to the following vid:

http://bostonirish.blogspot.com/2008/08/garda-patrol.html

I know the area myself, and found it particularly funny. It wouldn't be out of place in an intermission-like film.

Your thoughts or other funny vids of garda patrol?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

That was both hilarious and horribly embarrassing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Orange69 wrote: »

Extremely. That particular area is always full of people strung out of their mind, haha!! I work very close to it, and at a certain hour of the day, they all pour out onto the roads, roaring at the traffic and everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 underthegun

[ ] funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Protecting trolleys everywhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Dunno why they recorded it...
    But classic enough "Stay in the trolley" said the Gaurd to the drunk oul fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Orange69 wrote: »

+1

More worryingly is that if they are indeed Gards, why are they sticking videos up on youtube?

Well there was no way she wasn't bringing that trolley back, she paid the euro for it and all!!

[ ] funny

Fenion? your spelling is embarrassing TWAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Fenion? your spelling is embarrassing TWAT.

Oo
    Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iwish

That could have been anyone pretending to be detectives!!! I wouldn't believe everything I see or hear posted like that.If however it is genuine,then they were only interacting with the public in a friendly and jovial fashion,and there's nothing wrong with that

• Advertisement

iwish wrote: »
    That could have been anyone pretending to be detectives!!! I wouldn't believe everything I see or hear posted like that.If however it is genuine,then they were only interacting with the public in a friendly and jovial fashion,and there's nothing wrong with that

I personally didnt find the manner in which they dealt with the public funny. What I found funny is that there were two absolute scummers collecting another scummer from the pub and dropping him home IN A TROLLEY and it was broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

Hey.....

I take offense to that comment! I too have used an old Dunnes trolley as a makeshift taxi on one of my many intoxicated adventures!
    Many a good oul night in Ice with my beer buddies has led to a fun/uncomfortable lift home in a trolley!

I bet you could'nt get your arse into the trolley one night & that's why your bitchin.... Sure look at the price of taxis ;)

Hey.....

I take offense to that comment! I too have used an old Dunnes trolley as a makeshift taxi on one of my many intoxicated adventures!

In the middle of the day??? :confused:

That could have been anyone pretending to be detectives!!! I wouldn't believe everything I see or hear posted like that

well its linked up to the gardai website, which I agree is rather strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

good community policing .... (lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's the Gardai alright I'd say. Look at the 'gardai' thing they have on the dashboard. Some sort of camera or whatever they have there & it's a Mondeo which is a cop car.

Fair play for putting it up, bit of craic and no one got hurt!

Keith186 wrote: »
    It's the Gardai alright I'd say. Look at the 'gardai' thing they have on the dashboard. Some sort of camera or whatever they have there & it's a Mondeo which is a cop car.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Keith186 wrote: »

Its called a dashmaster!! :D

Imagine if the guards got followed around by cameras like in the UK, oh god the embarrasment for us.

She Devil wrote: »

Imagine if the guards got followed around by cameras like in the UK, oh god the embarrasment for us.

haha, yes I know.

"Is da a camerit in me face bud? Ge da camerit oudda me face man."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I knows my rights buuuud, bleeding deadly bud whaaa! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

She Devil wrote: »

"Any spare change fur a hostelll.... ah here, am I on d telly ? is dat ting on ? dis bettter not be punkd or ill bleeding murder ye...."

"Ah sure will ye gwan away outa that now there young fella. Come on now, move along folks, nothing to see here, have yis no homes to go to, come on now, you're not on Big Brother"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

"dont forget the child"

lol... ah scags.

Advertisement