Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog play pens

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

hi can anyone please tell me where i can buy a dogs play pen in dublin???:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is it like one of those smaller metal pens that can be folded up your looking for like for puppies or very small dogs?
    Not sure of any Dublin ones but perhaps try this site https://www.brendaspets.ie/catalog/3/dogs not sure if she does puppy pens but have a look or there are some other online irish pet shops.

Or if it's a dog run try cilldara.ie they deliver nationwide they do regular dog runs and smaller ones that can be used as a puppy pen (outdoors though)and there's also a crowd in Wexford that do them.

Or some people convery kids playpens using wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

If you're looking for something to contain a small dog, then I got a baby's playpen in Smyths for our Cocker Spaniel when we got him at 8 weeks.

It's turned out to be great, its his den when he wants some peace & his bed where he can't do any damage to the furniture overnight.

It's also handy if we need to do a few chores in the kitchen without him messng about, like emptying the dishwasher or sweeping the floor.

Now he's 6 months old & can stand up and lean his head out over the top, which he does as soon as we come in to the room in the morning.

Not sure if this is what you're after, but hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

Is it like one of those smaller metal pens that can be folded up your looking for like for puppies or very small dogs?
    Not sure of any Dublin ones but perhaps try this site https://www.brendaspets.ie/catalog/3/dogs not sure if she does puppy pens but have a look or there are some other online irish pet shops.

Or if it's a dog run try cilldara.ie they deliver nationwide they do regular dog runs and smaller ones that can be used as a puppy pen (outdoors though)and there's also a crowd in Wexford that do them.

Or some people convery kids playpens using wire.

hi thanks for reply checked out these web sites but no luck,yeah i'm looking for a playpen for a puppy to keep it out of trouble he he:D

If you're looking for something to contain a small dog, then I got a baby's playpen in Smyths for our Cocker Spaniel when we got him at 8 weeks.

It's turned out to be great, its his den when he wants some peace & his bed where he can't do any damage to the furniture overnight.

It's also handy if we need to do a few chores in the kitchen without him messng about, like emptying the dishwasher or sweeping the floor.

Now he's 6 months old & can stand up and lean his head out over the top, which he does as soon as we come in to the room in the morning.

Not sure if this is what you're after, but hope it helps.

thats a great idea will have a look at them thanks a mill:D

hi spurscormic i hope u dont mind me asking but around how much should i expect to pay for one in smyths ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

No point in buying a new one. An old play pen is the type of thing you'd pick up second hand in the Buy and Sell, adverts.ie, jumbletown.ie, freecycle.com etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Glowing wrote: »
    No point in buying a new one. An old play pen is the type of thing you'd pick up second hand in the Buy and Sell, adverts.ie, jumbletown.ie, freecycle.com etc!

I see you're point, but we needed it urgently so got a new one.
    As for the price, I think it was €90 we paid, can't remember if it was on sale or not though.

i have ads on everywhere looking for a 2nd hand one but no luck so i actually found an irish web site that have exactly what i was looking for and time is ticking as my new arrival is coming on tues(he he cant wait) so just in case anyone else is looking for one www.dogtrainingireland.ie have an online shop and its €85 + €3.50 for deliverly not too bad i suppose as the dog is a yorkie so it wont grow too big for it... so i should get my moneys worth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

A stair/door gate is another option say, putting the gate on the kitchen door.

Advertisement