Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks overkill in Blanchardstown S.C ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

colly10 wrote: »
    +1 - Id say Starbucks coffee is the worst of any of the coffee chains with the exception of the coffee in O'Brien's and possibly Cafe Sol yet it somehow manages to do the best business of any of them. Im convinced that half of their customers aren't really coffee drinkers (or at least weren't until Starbucks opening in their area)

Starbucks is terrible coffee. The best in the centre for me is the place downstairs near the vodafone shop , Bon Coffee or something its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Starbucks is terrible coffee.

I totally agree with you. The first time I drank Starbucks coffee was in Australia a few years ago, (Well before they hit our shores), I was walking through the streets of Brisbane and there it was, my first Starbucks experience. Let me tell you now, there hasn't been many since, pure pish..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Starbucks coffee is over-priced and not particularly nice. Shame how Americanised Ireland (and other countries) are becoming.

To reference another Simpsons episode, all the coffee chains here seem to sell 'expensive coffee in little cups'!

Ah, the days when the Irish were happy to drink tae out of jam jars! :pac:

Bang Bang wrote: »
    I totally agree with you. The first time I drank Starbucks coffee was in Australia a few years ago, (Well before they hit our shores), I was walking through the streets of Brisbane and there it was, my first Starbucks experience. Let me tell you now, there hasn't been many since, pure pish..

Strangly enough my first starbucks was in Australia too.:pac:

Tried it 2 times more once in New York and once in Dundrum and havent changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Gonna cram in here with the Starbucks is crap posting. It really is awful coffee, much prefer Insomnia myself. Myself and the missus were in London a year or so ago and the amount of Starbcks was shocking. You couldn't walk 50M and there was another shop.

I've not tried it but I've seen the Bald Barista mentioned a few times as having excellent coffee. The only one I know of in the city centre is on Aungier Street, are there any others?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Gonna cram in here with the Starbucks is crap posting. It really is awful coffee, much prefer Insomnia myself. Myself and the missus were in London a year or so ago and the amount of Starbcks was shocking. You couldn't walk 50M and there was another shop.

I've not tried it but I've seen the Bald Barista mentioned a few times as having excellent coffee. The only one I know of in thecity centre is on Angier Street, are there any others?
    oh my god, I totally agree. I was in London 2 weeks ago and there was star bucks everywhere. and every one of them that I went into where pretty crappy tbh. but was in star bucks in BT2 Grafton st on Sunday and it was just delicious. got their xmas one 'Dark Cherry Mocha' oh my god it was wonderful.

But I do prefer Insomnia :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Its the same in London with Starbucks....Im not sure if each one is like Subway and is owned by different people so whenever the chance to build one arises, Someone just pounces.

+1 more on the aul starbucks in the SC by the way...theres one in Quinn too...well, sorta, they brew starbucks coffee, and sell all the food, its kinda a "half-franchise" or whatever.

They'll try and suck you in wherever you can.

Much prefer the coffee from Bon Espresso in the Red entrance tho !

Spy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Hmm seem to be in a minority here...but I likes Starbucks Coffee :)

But I hate the Starbucks in Blanch SC because they are always filled with damn buggies and prams, oh and those girls who wear Ugg boots and wear brightly coloured Bedouin Shemaghs around there necks and always seem to have the see through cups (I think they are frappachinos...am I right?).

I've been in many a Starbucks around the world but I don't think the local population of my home town has twigged the whole concept of sitting down and relaxing while enjoying a coffee on your own with a book or with friends. It feels like being in a Fast Food restaruant TBH.

Rocky Roads are the Devil in cake form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I do like the one in boarders, really coffee in a bookshop ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well of course you have to be seen with it, that's the whole point. I mean regular coffee, come on!!!!

anyone try the new java republic coffee shop up near Dolly's pub? They change their beans every week so different coffee. I liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

I actually prefer Butlers in the SC next to Marks & Sparks. They make the nicest lattes and junior loves the hot chocolate always delivered with a smile from Helga the resident Valkirie (if you've ever been there you know the girl I'm talking about)

Advertisement