Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halting site in Kilcoole

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Does anyone know where the halting site(s) is situated in kilcoole?
    I presume there is one 'cos most towns do.

Also, I recently reviewed the draft local area plan for kilcoole (2008) and noted that 4 different residential areas are potential sites for a new halting site. I wonder if anyone has any more detail?
    (I can share the link if anyone is interested)

cheers
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Does anyone know where the halting site(s) is situated in kilcoole?
    There are none
    I presume there is one 'cos most towns do.
    Perhaps they should, but most towns dont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jobo32

Thanks fish-dawg !

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭noker

There is a halting site in Kilcoole. Its between main street and main entrance to Druids Glen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

noker wrote: »
    There is a halting site in Kilcoole. Its between main street and main entrance to Druids Glen

Theres a Small number of settled Travellers its not a Halting site they live in houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Horndog1

it may as well be a halting site,!! have you ever driven past the area its pretty much like an average halting site. If you were looking at houses around Kilcoole stay up de other side of the town near the schools much nicer area!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I found two of the toe rags from that halting site in my garden a couple of years ago. They had just nicked a purse from our neighbours behind (i didn't know that at the time) and scaled the fence to get into our place. Claimed they were just passing through. When I challenged them they threatened to burn my house down. They came back shortly after and slashed one of my tyres. I know they were from there because i had a suspicion and checked it out. Nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Horndog1

we have had a few encounters wit them also, came out to my front door one nite and dey were routin around de back of a friends Van, they had drills and all sorts in dere hands!!! Lovely people! better off not challanging them they always come back to haunt ya!!

Advertisement