Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 fm

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

playin the demo. . . . its very very good any one know of some good buys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm extremely pissed off that teams still negotiate up in transfers - it's so ****ing retarded and annoying. Ruins the transfer system. So much for the major overhaul...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm extremely pissed off that teams still negotiate up in transfers - it's so ****ing retarded and annoying. Ruins the transfer system. So much for the major overhaul...

huh?
    your annoyed becasue the ask for more money when you try to buy a player?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

You want them to negotiate down?
    Hi Sir Alex, we will give you 25 million for Ronaldo
    Sir Alex wrote:
    Hi, actually if you give me 10 million you can have him!

Back on topic, the demo is still very buggy. I have actually uninstalled it till the game and patch are released next week. The amount of injuries are unreal, have seen up to 6 in one game.
    The typing bug is also very annoying.

On the transfer market again, there are bargins and it is a lot easier to sell players. Eboue for 8 million was a good day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nahh, keane2097 means this is still happening:
    Madrid wrote:
    Hi, how much for Ronaldo?
    Sir Alex wrote:
    You can have him for 25mil.
    Madrid wrote:
    Hmm, how about we offer you 20mil?
    Sir Alex wrote:
    You can have him for 30mil.
    Madrid wrote:
    Errr, what?!! Umm, how about we offer you 25mil
    Sir Alex wrote:
    You can have him for 35mil.
    Madrid wrote:
    :confused:

A bit extreme, but you get the gist. So typically in real-life negotiations, both parties will have a starting point and meet somewhere on the middle. In Football Manager's (broken) negotiation system, the seller keeps going upwards. Very annoying.

Rob_l wrote: »
    huh?
    your annoyed becasue the ask for more money when you try to buy a player?

Have you actually tried buying anyone yet?
    Diddy Kong wrote: »
    You want them to negotiate down?

Yes, like in real life.

• Advertisement

Back on topic, the demo is still very buggy. I have actually uninstalled it till the game and patch are released next week. The amount of injuries are unreal, have seen up to 6 in one game.
    The typing bug is also very annoying.

On the transfer market again, there are bargins and it is a lot easier to sell players. Eboue for 8 million was a good day :D

Yeah the injuries thing is a bit mental alright.

Also I think the 3d match engine is fairly poor.

Is the typing bug this thing where letters come up twice even if you only press them briefly or is it something else I haven't seen yet?

I find it fairly irritating that your squad screen isn't top of that drop down menu any more - they've made the GUI less intuitive in my opinion...

Yes the typing thing is where you briefly press a key and it doubles up....only happens randomly though...dont know how some of these bugs are there...I would have thought the testing phase should be better.

The menu's are very annoying alright.

Have you actually tried buying anyone yet?

No i haven't tried the demo yet ( stupid stream or steam download thing pissed me off last night) it wasn't very clear what was meant by the original post, i understand now.

Yes the typing thing is where you briefly press a key and it doubles up....only happens randomly though...dont know how some of these bugs are there...I would have thought the testing phase should be better.

The menu's are very annoying alright.

I think they will release it with bugs and patch it up, I know last years was terrible when it was relased with the major issue being offside goals

There will be a patch available on the day of release...well according to the reports. The scouting feature got a tweak also. Seems be a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

SI are really making a mess of things. if a game needs a patch on the day of release it shouldn't be released full stop. i'm definitly waiting now until long after Xmas to even consider purchasing it.

SI are really making a mess of things. if a game needs a patch on the day of release it shouldn't be released full stop. i'm definitly waiting now until long after Xmas to even consider purchasing it.

Well a patch on release date is the same as having the bugs ironed out on the dvd - it's just another .exe to click.

Sure if you buy the game with Steam you dont even have to click, it will auto-update! As I recall, the first patch last year was also around the release date?!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Yeah theres a few bugs alrite. Also the press conference thing gets very repetative after a while and I dont really like the fact that players cant make diagnol runs either.

However, on the whole its still as good as it ever was and is worth the buy for the database upgrades alone.

It's great being Ireland, the demo only lets you play as far as 4 games in with them but there is so much dept in midfield as Stephen Ireland is available and Garvan, O'Toole and Mccarthy have bags of potential.

I took advantage of the unrelisticness (If thats a word) of some aspects of the game a managed to get Hughton, Brady, Pat Jennings 2 of AC Milans physios and even Steve Staunton in my backroom staff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm downloading the demo at the moment and I'll buy the game next Friday. The 3D match engine looks alright from the videos I've seen of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

dont like the 3d engine its like the old lma on the ps2

Advertisement