Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like you...

Options
  • 06-11-2008 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Anytime i look at feedback there always seems to be someone moaning about this that or the other.

so i bring ya's a happy thread.

looking at my profile it states that i signed up for boards on the 21-11-2001 which is nearly 7 years ago, my how time has flown

so much has changed on boards since i was a spotty nerdy 15 year old (became more nerdier and older :pac:) so i just want to say thanks to all who involved in boards, it's been a pleasure using this site over the years.

there has been a lot of features added since i joined here, some successful ones (thanks) and some failed ones (rep system :pac:).

just want to highlight though two new features that i'm extremely impressed with here on boards and doesn't make me hesitate when it comes to subscribing to boards.

1. m.boards.ie - this site should win a freaking award (i know the main site did but this needs one too :P). i use this constantly on my daily commute - ~2 hours on public transport - and it makes it whizz by. i have yet to find another irish site that is so easy and more importantly lightning fast on slow connections (EDGE iphone user btw).

2. the slight modification to recent posts on home page - this is such a small change in terms of implementation but by christ does it become a lifesaver. many times would i curse the screen when i clicked a recent post only to find it brings me into the middle of a 400 page long thread. now that doesn't happen, i can go either to the start of the thread or the last page. it's fupping great.

so in summation, great work guys and let's keep it up and here's to another 7 years+.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Feckin thanks whores are everywhere these days :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Feckin thanks whores are everywhere these days :pac:

Quiet you, I've seen your profile :)

But yeah, boards is awesome, and moany people stil post here so even they cant think it's that bad.

Also I get drunk organised on boards lots!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Who are you? o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I hate you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I want to ejaculate on all of your respective breasts.

• Advertisement

"i can go either to the start of the thread or the last page."

How do you choose? it always throws me in at a random page :(

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Creamy Goodness... i love your name. Just so ya know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

"i can go either to the start of the thread or the last page."

How do you choose? it always throws me in at a random page :(
    if you click the thread title it brings you to the start of the thread but if you click the number of posts beside the thread title it brings you to the last post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

the gehyness is palpable

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Creamy Goodness banned from Feedback for not whinging.
    B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I hate that it brings me to the start of the thread instread of the last read post it makes modding longer thread a pain in the árse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Change your name back!

I love Boards, I dont "like" it as much as I used to but I still love it.

the name stays. It suits me more than my orignal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sully wrote: »
    Who are you? o_O

Cremo, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This is why you should change your name back...
    66185.gif

There's something disturbing about that.

if you click the thread title it brings you to the start of the thread but if you click the number of posts beside the thread title it brings you to the last post

I just tried it. When i clicked on the name of the thread it brought me to the start.

However, when i clicked on the post count, it either brought me to the start, end, or somewhere in the middle :(

Still, at least i know how to get to the start. :)

Cheers :)

I just tried it. When i clicked on the name of the thread it brought me to the start.

However, when i clicked on the post count, it either brought me to the start, end, or somewhere in the middle :(

Still, at least i know how to get to the start. :)

Cheers :)
    it has now changed, when you clicked the post count when i wrote the original post, it brought you to the last post.

now it brings you to the last unread post.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

it has now changed, when you clicked the post count when i wrote the original post, it brought you to the last post.

now it brings you to the last unread post.
    I just moved the link over, clicking on the number provides the original function (that function has always had somewhat dubious effect on fast paced threads).

Could probably make it being you specifically to the latest recorded post in the thread, but it's six of one half a dozen of the other. It'll put someone's nose out of joint whether I leave it as is or alter it.

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I hate that it brings me to the start of the thread instread of the last read post it makes modding longer thread a pain in the árse.
    I tried to stop them. If memory serves you can thank MagicMarker for that.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055398575

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Click on the thread - brings you to the first post.

Click on the amount of replies, i.e. (36) - brings you to the last post.

Everyone's a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Except I'm not a winner. I'm stuck in work, working my balls off.

And all I have to say Creamy Goodness(Love the new name by the way), is that if you're in such a good mood to write such a happy post, I envy you.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Everyone's a winner.
    But its so small! **** that.

Everyone's a winner.

Or you could just reverse the way posts are displayed in your control panel so that if you go to the (almost) any thread it'll just bring you to the last page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

There is a musty smell of gheyness off this thread:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

There is a musty smell of gheyness off this thread:mad:
    hmmmm
    now theres a smell of poop :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

You joined the same time as me and have 10 times as many posts.... nerrrrrrd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

grasshopa wrote: »
    You joined the same time as me and have 10 times as many posts.... nerrrrrrd :p
    Did.............................................he?......................................,.............
    ......maybe.....................................you...............................are..............
    just..................................................................................slower..........
    ................................than.................................him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Did.............................................he?......................................,.............
    ......maybe.....................................you...............................are..............
    just..................................................................................slower..........

70wpm biotch!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

He sleeps *smug look* :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

grasshopa wrote: »
    70wpm biotch!
    My cat is big .My cat is black (I am not racist ya know).I once had a cat and took pictures of it . I once made a lolcat but people laughed at me .
    My big black cat is dead now .I accidentally killed it with my typing skillz .
    I am not a nerd , but my my favourite movie when I was growing up was Karate Kid. I am now a grasshopa .I like cats.

On topic I agree with Creamy, good job guys .

Advertisement