Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 Prices

• 06-11-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

As the title says...anyone have any idea of prices yet? Anyone here work in Tesco or Xtravision or Zavvi or Gamestop and could find out their prices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Interested in what tesco's price is too. There bound to do some sort of deal like Halo 3 and Fifa 09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

its region free so if you are willing to wait a bit longer you could get it for about 35 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

HMV seems best at the moment with most new release games at €52.99, I have mine preordered in Gamestop, no price set untill tomorrow but they are doing a good deal in that you can return the game within 7 days for a full credit refund if you don't like it,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

SendIt have it for €48.49 here http://www.sendit.com/sendit/9988700.product

I popped into Game yesterday evening while the wife was looking at shoes and asked how much they'd have it, the guy wasn't sure but said more or less "either €54.99 or €64.99, but probably €64.99". Knowing Game I wouldn't at all be surprised it's €64.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i paid €54.99, expecting it to arrive this morning, hurry up mr postman!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

I got mine this morning in the post. €50 from Gamesnash when they had the €5 discount offer. Best site online for Irish consumers that want fast delivery. Thanks Gamesnash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

PG4000 wrote: »
    I got mine this morning in the post. €50 from Gamesnash when they had the €5 discount offer. Best site online for Irish consumers that want fast delivery. Thanks Gamesnash!

+1, i love gamesnash, you shall not be hearing form me for a while as i shall be cutting locusts into little bits

kudos to gamesnash.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anyone know what xtravision will be charging ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Smiths are charging 59.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ahhh!!! I bought Oblivion (game of the year edition), Fallout3 and Dark Space... Still on Oblivion, no time to play the Xbox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Pre-booked the ltd edition there in Xtravision...forgot to ask how much it was :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I did the same but from GameStop, looks like I'll find out tonight.
    brianon wrote: »
    Pre-booked the ltd edition there in Xtravision...forgot to ask how much it was :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

HMV seems best at the moment with most new release games at €52.99, I have mine preordered in Gamestop, no price set untill tomorrow but they are doing a good deal in that you can return the game within 7 days for a full credit refund if you don't like it,
    Yeah, but that is store credit. So if you buy it and bring it back within the 7 days you'll only get your €55 quid to spend in there shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ShadowColossus

I just rang Xtra-vision in Donaghmede, they're sellin it for €49.99. I presume that price goes for all xtra-vision. Thats where I'm getting mine :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Far as i can remember the specialty shops will usually price match any retailer other than Argos.

(i may be wrong!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I rang the Limerick Xtravision store listed on there site as opening tonight (Parkway) and they told me they arent opening late at all. Either is Dooradoyle store.

Guess its Tesco for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Anyone know how much tescos will be charging? It would be sweet if it was €35 like Fifa 09 was :D

Even something similar to the €39.99 for GTA IV would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 eire2go

49.99 in Xtravision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Well if xtravision are only 49.99....Tesco will still want to guarentee the lowest price as they tend to do with big releases:D

Anyone Find out tescos price yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eire2go

isn't competition wonderful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Tesco uk have it for 38 pound which is about 46-47ish euro so i hope here will be about that.

http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=845297

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tesco Artane are doing a midnight launch.

Standard - €60
    Limited edition - €65

According to ShaneU in the other thread this is going to be the tesco prices :(

Nothing in Tesco Coonagh in Limerick but Game had the standard one for €55 and the limited edition for €65.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Folks, HMV are selling the regular edition of GOW2 for a credit crunch friendly

€44.99 and it includes the code to download the Flashback map pack for GOW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Folks, HMV are selling the regular edition of GOW2 for a credit crunch friendly

€44.99 and it includes the code to download the Flashback map pack for GOW2

+student discount =€40.50:)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Xtra-Vision are the cheapest so far. €50 for the standard and €60 for the collectors.

I'd buy it only my Xbox isn't working properly at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 GBX Rich

tesco are selling the le for 48 euro, thats cheaper than the normal edition they have for 55 euro

Advertisement