Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 Prices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

mgsrocks wrote: »
    +student discount =€40.50:)
    Xtra-Vision are the cheapest so far. €50 for the standard and €60 for the collectors.

I'd buy it only my Xbox isn't working properly at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

yeah hmv seem cheapest so far at €40.49 w/ student discount. gamestop are 50 and they only have a petty 5% d/c. GAME is €55.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah just picked it up in HMV for 40.49. Great value. Was going to get the special edition but they were all pre-booked or something. HMV really is the place to go for games these days: fantastic prices.

And now, to sit through 2 hours of a media law lecture with the thing sitting in my bag :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yeah just picked it up in HMV for 40.49. Great value. Was going to get the special edition but they were all pre-booked or something.
    (

So you can't just walk in and buy the LE in HMV??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

quad_red wrote: »
    So you can't just walk in and buy the LE in HMV??

Nope. They had a few copies behind the counter and I asked how much they were (50 or something) but the guy said that they didn't have any left, so I assumed they were already pre-booked. This was Henry Street, might be worth trying the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Think ill go to xtravision as i have to trade in Far cry 2 other wise i would be up to HMV as i can also get my mate to get his staff discount i got fallout for 35 last week !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Xtra-Vision are the cheapest so far. €50 for the standard and €60 for the collectors.

I'd buy it only my Xbox isn't working properly at the mo.

But aren't HMV selling the standard for €44.99?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

GBX Rich wrote: »
    tesco are selling the le for 48 euro, thats cheaper than the normal edition they have for 55 euro
    Can anyone else confirm this price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

I just picked up the 2 disc limited edition one in smyths in Jervis st. It was €49.99 or €44.99 with a loyalty card.
    Cant wait to get stuck in, anyone want to add me as a friend my gamertag is Gobsheen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

"spideog" will be online playing this evening, or as soon as I can get away with walking out of work.

• Advertisement

• okla wrote: »
    I just picked up the 2 disc limited edition one in smyths in Jervis st. It was €49.99 or €44.99 with a loyalty card.
    Cant wait to get stuck in, anyone want to add me as a friend my gamertag is Gobsheen.
    Will do, il be back from work at nine, was looking for some co-op fun.
    Add me [snipped] ( i know weird name :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    But aren't HMV selling the standard for €44.99?
    Sorry yeah I obviously didn't read the whole thread. :o €45 is the best price I've seen so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

im...LOST wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm this price?
    Yep in Sligo

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

okla wrote: »

Bastard. :pac: Was €59.99 in Smyths on the Ennis Road, Limerick for the Ltd Edition one. Got the 10% off and got rid of some old games, so I don't feel too bad.

I'm Mark_Eire if anyone's looking for me later.

Just played the prologue there and good to have a shooter after oh so many RPGs. Seemed a little easy on hardcore, but only the first half hour yet.

Will be on from around 11.30 (damn evening shifts) if anyones up for a game. Gamertag below. Must try out Horde!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've breezed through about 6 single player level achievements on hardcore so far without much issue. Loving the mortars.

When your using your student card for student discounts (in Hmv) do they thoroughly check your card or just glance at it because mine expired in august but would love to get that discount :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

game have it for 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

yeah game and xtravision both have it for €45 now. Well at least in monaghan they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

When your using your student card for student discounts (in Hmv) do they thoroughly check your card or just glance at it because mine expired in august but would love to get that discount :D
    Do you still have your HMV student discount card. I have never been asked for my actual student card.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Got the special edition for 48 euro in tesco last night....was 60 in xtravision. Dunno bout Smyths or game yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Really depends on the person serving you. somtimes they barely glance at it, other times theyll check the date and picture
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement