Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low network, phone not recognising SIM card

• 06-11-2008 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I have no network when inside buildings and in certain locations. And sometimes my SIM card is not recognised. I am wondering is this a damaged SIM card or is my phone fu(ked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I have no network when inside buildings and in certain locations. And sometimes my SIM card is not recognised. I am wondering is this a damaged SIM card or is my phone fu(ked?

Do other people on the same network as yourself have coverage in the buildings or locations you are speaking of?

Pretty simple for the other issue put your sim card in another phone and if it is still happening then it is your sim card. If it does not happen with that phone then it is your handset.

Even simpler to rule out the sim card just pop into the shop and get it updated to a newer sim - I am pretty sure all the networks will do this for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Regarding your SIM card not being recognized, I had the same issue with both a Meteor SIM card and a Three SIM card in my Nokia E65. A non-Irish SIM card worked just fine, but when I put in the Meteor card, it often dropped the connection in the middle of the call and after that the phone did not recognize the SIM anymore. Same with a Three SIM I got this week.

After some hair pulling it turned out that the Meteor/Three SIM are a tiny bit slimmer than the foreign SIM. I cut out a piece of paper the size of the SIM card, folded it and put it on top of the SIM card before inserting it in the slot.

Everything seems to be working fine ever since. It seems the SIM card slots on the Nokias are somewhat dodgy.

Advertisement