Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The coolest man I have ever seen.

Options
  • 06-11-2008 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

A few weeks ago, I was in Dublin Airport at an ungodly hour flying out to Finland.
    As I walked down the main "shopping" corridor, I saw a man coming towards me. He was like a vision from the 1930s, striding purposefully through decrepit Dublin airport, smiling and knowing how good he looked.

He was clearly a pilot.
    He wore a black over-coat, knee-length if my bleary memory is correct, possibly with gold trimming.
    He had a scarf wrapped around his neck tightly.
    He wore a pilot's cap, again possibly with gold trimming.

I almost stopped him to ask what airline he was with, but I didn't trust myself to speak coherently at such an early hour.

I know several of my friends have seen pilots like him in the airport before. I've been searching the net to try and find out where he was from, but no joy.
    I must get one of those coats...
    Does anyone know from my weak description what airline he could be with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭yaeger

Black knee length trench coats and hats ..can only be aer lingus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Really?!

But he looked so cool ;)

Anyone got pictures for comparison?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

johnl wrote: »
    Really?!

But he looked so cool ;)
    Thats the man rather than the uniform

Advertisement