Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my visa

Options
  • 06-11-2008 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

It was a close one.

I applied for a new Irish passport with only 8 weeks before my current visa permit expired. Little did I know that all Irish passports are processed back in Ireland. About 5 weeks before it came back to me. It arrived on a Friday, the monday was a long weekend. Couldn't drop my papers off a immigration until the tuesday.

It was a bit nerve racking. No mistakes were allowed.

Got it all in and my passport came back yesterday. 8 days before my permit/visa expired....

Ahhhhhh

I looked for a 2.5yr permit/visa. Was given a 2yr one instead. No biggie, will be doing it again in a few months when I start the partnership application with my g/f.

So far I've had one working holiday permit for one year and general work permit for a year too. Now NZ has changed the title of its general work permit, so I have a skilled work permit for two years.

I love it here :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congratulations man. Must be a weight off the shoulders not having to go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya, especially since I came here one a one way ticket.
    Wasn't looking forward to having to fork out for flights home or not working while waiting for immigration.
    Work would have killed me, never told them i was running close to the deadline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Good man Rabies,

What are you upto in Oz??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Ah yes, the joys of not having to deal with immigration on a daily basis anymore.

Its like shedding a ball and chain.

Are all you fooks in Oz or what??.

Whats wrong with your native country eh?. Bloody traitors you are!. :p

• Advertisement

Your not????
    Go to bed!

Feelgood wrote: »
    Are all you fooks in Oz or what??.

Yep
    Whats wrong with your native country eh?. Bloody traitors you are!. :p

Tis a hole! And a cold, wet, economically fecked hole at that!

Xavi6 wrote: »

I thought youre Australian!?

Ah its not as bad as everyone's making out Xavi, working in IT myself and there is loads of jobs on the go. Cold and wet alright, but Oz must not be that fecking great if your on boards for 12 hours a day :p

What are ye all doing over there workwise??.

I thought youre Australian!?

By birth. Grew up in Dublin so that's 'home'.
    Ah its not as bad as everyone's making out Xavi, working in IT myself and there is loads of jobs on the go. Cold and wet alright, but Oz must not be that fecking great if your on boards for 12 hours a day :p

Gotta do something in work and it's the best way to keep up with goings on back there.
    What are ye all doing over there workwise??.

Journalist

• Advertisement

Good man Rabies,

What are you upto in Oz??

I'm not in Oz.

I'm one of the managers of a bar in Auckland's viaduct area.

Journalist

Jasus Xavi, good man. Never would have guessed with all the spelling mistakes you make. :D

What area's do you cover?.

Rabies wrote: »
    I'm not in Oz.
    I'm one of the managers of a bar in Auckland's viaduct area.

Dead on Rabies, ya jammy bastid!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Whats wrong with your native country eh?.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Congrats Rabies. Mine is still being processed and I just wish it was all over.

Must be a great feeling!

Cold hand you know right well after snowballing coke all night and half bottle of JD you'd give her a lash.

I would...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Cold hand you know right well after snowballing coke all night and half bottle of JD you'd give her a lash.

I would...

I wouldn't touch her with yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I would...
    Man I wouldn't even need any sneachta or JD to give her one. She probably isn't even wearing any panties underneath that mini skirt the little hooer :P

Jasus Xavi, good man. Never would have guessed with all the spelling mistakes you make. :D

What area's do you cover?.

I'm the editor of a supply chain logistics site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

aw, well done rabies!

*jealous*

im starting to panic. gotta call them soon and ask them to fast forward the process. :/

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.
    Really happy I got it. In a few months I'll go for the next stage towards residency.

Although, I'm not sure if I should have done it this time. My job is now part of the skilled jobs list. But want to take my time and make sure. Came here in oct/nov '06. I think mind '09 will be a good time to apply. I'll have been here for a while, working for nearly it all and have got a couple back ground checks done by cops due to work.

Recently got my NZ drivers licence. And still have my Irish one valid for nearly another two years. Dual licence... yaaaah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Congrats ....nothing like proving your right to be in a country:eek:

Advertisement