Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Tom Dunne a Mod of the Men's Health forum?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I posted a thread about an exercise known as the "Kegel" in the men's health forum. I won't explain it in depth but basically it's an exercise that can give many men extra power in the bedroom...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055413338

Within minutes it was locked and I was told to go to After Hours with it. (First of all if he thought it should be in After Hours why didn't he just move it instead of ignorantly locking it?)

Tom Dunne obviously shouldn't be a mod of the men's health forum if he simply locks a thread relating to making sex better for men. What the hell is that about.

I PM'd him and he said he never heard of the excercise! (Even though I gave a wiki link) Another reason why he shouldn't be a mod of men's health. Never even heard of it. The exercise is quite famous as sexual health goes and can even help people with ED.

Why was he chosen to mod this important forum? Becasue he likes beer and has a receding hairline?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

A thread like that would do much better in the Sex and Sexuality Forum.
    Either way, you are over reacting.
    Drop him a PM and ask him to move it there.

I am moving this thread to the Help Desk forum, where it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kegel exercises are good for a range of reasons for men not just for sex reasons
    but for bladder control and for the prostrate.

Kegel exercises have come up in the ladies lounge, parenting and in PI before,
    yes they are mentioned in S&S but for different reasons.

If the focus of the thread was health then I think it would be on topic for the forum
    just my take on it.

I think Tom is a good mod but we can't expect mods to be walking encyclopaedias, as we are also learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 13tsoptuo

I don't expect mods to be walking encyclopedias either, but a mod specializing in men's health should know about this or at least should have heard about it.

Also, I don't think I'm over reacting on this matter. What he did was ignorant. Shouldn't mods be a bit more level-headed? The thread was locked instantly and wasn't given a chance, just because he's never heard of a Kegel. It did not break or bend even ONE rule in the charter.

I don't think it should be in the S&S forum, since this exercise is more important than that and has a wide range of possibilities as Thaeydal said, and should be accessible to a wider audience. S&S involves subscribing doesnt it?

Still though, one of the most important things to a man is his erection and general health down below. It should stay in men's health forum I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right, let's look at it form my perspective:

1: I don't know everything about everything, and as such never heard of Kegel.

2: I saw a thread titled " Increase erection strength by 7million percent in 5 days!!!!!" which immediately suggests it is either spam, or somebody trying to be funny

3: You talk about exercises "As if you're trying desperately to hold in a fart." Again, to me, that does not suggest somebody who wants to discuss a subject in an adult manner.

4: You also mention that you read about this in "a lads mag", again, that to me does not sound like a serious reference source.

5: Your final point "Supposedly this exercise will strengthen your erection quality and make ejaculating a much more powerful experience.... anyone ever try this? Does it work?", in the context of the above statements, to me it appears if the post is one big piss take.

And finally, as I said in my PM to you, I am not familiar with Kegel, so I am in discussion with my fellow moderators to see what their opinion on the matter is.

If the general consensus is that the thread is fine, I will re-open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

13tsoptuo wrote: »
    I don't expect mods to be walking encyclopedias either, but a mod specializing in men's health should know about this or at least should have heard about it.

Also, I don't think I'm over reacting on this matter. What he did was ignorant. Shouldn't mods be a bit more level-headed? The thread was locked instantly and wasn't given a chance, just because he's never heard of a Kegel. It did not break or bend even ONE rule in the charter.

I don't think it should be in the S&S forum, since this exercise is more important than that and has a wide range of possibilities as Thaeydal said, and should be accessable to a wider audience. S&S involves subscribing doesnt it?

Still though, one of the most important things to a man is his erection and general health down below. It should stay in men's health forum I think.

You really should have used better language and a better thread title. Tom Dunne closed the thread and then PM'd the rest of the Mods for advice. I would have no issue with the thread topic being discussed in a serious manner but the language and the thread title that you used were basically making a mockery of what you are now saying you want to discuss as a serious subject?

The reason your thread was closed was because everything about it implied that you were, by and large, pulling the piss. If you will pardon the pun.

If you want topics discussed in a serious manner, then present them in a serious manner. No?

It a thread title instantly implies Spam then that is not a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 13tsoptuo

OK I understand now.

If it's re-opened I'll change the title and remove some of the more vulgar extravolicities... I just made up that word.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

13tsoptuo wrote: »
    OK I understand now.

If it's re-opened I'll change the title and remove some of the more vulgar extravolicities... I just made up that word.

That's fine with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If you want a thread to stay open, post intelligently and provoke dicussion.

I know exactly what kegel exercises are and I'd have locked your thread (or changed the title).

Advertisement