Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using floor tiles on a wall

Options
  • 06-11-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I am planning to put porcelain floor tiles (30cm x60cm) on the walls of my bathroom. The bathroom has block walls, which are sand plastered, no hardwall.

I'm not sure which adhesive I should use. As the wall surface will be good for bonding to, I was thinking of using the normal wall tile adhesive in the buckets. But would I be better using the large format tile adhesive due to the weight of the tiles?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Yes you can use these on the walls but they are heavier and require a better quality adhesive,the bucket stuff is not good enough so as you suggested a large format powder adhesive is what should be used here. It will allow you to correct any inperfections in the wall when laying and provide a very strong bond on the walls. It can be tough to work so try mixing a half bucket at a time till you are confident. It sets quicker too so be careful to lay almost as soon as you have spread out.

Regards
    Builditwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Johnnyr

Thanks builtitwell. As the walls aren't hardwalled, there are some imperfections. The large format powder adhesive sounds like the best job all round.

Advertisement