Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full House of bad driving

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Woman in a 05 Focus on the N2 this morning dawdling along at about 90kph in the over-taking lane on the phone with front and rear fog lights on...perfect idiot score all round. Anyone beat that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

We should have snipers to deal with sh*t like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

furtzy wrote: »
    Woman in a 05 Focus on the N2 this morning dawdling along at about 90kph in the over-taking lane on the phone with front and rear fog lights on...perfect idiot score all round. Anyone beat that?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/2008/1105/ireland/mhideyidsnau/

That guy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

She is invisible when she gets into her car like most people.

All those nose pickers out there, you know who you are!!

I had a guy riding the bumper of car one day driving along on his mobile and smoking. I was going to be turning left up the road so indicating in more than usual time to suggest he might back off. He did not back off and kept smoking and talking and riding my bumper.

I braked heavier than usual. I know its wrong(dont bother) but I did it anyway. The cigarette and phone went all over the place. He got some fright. God damn Richard Head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

easy! pissing rain late sunday evening ,m50 ,getting dark, cars diving left and right trying to pass a little kia doing about 20kmh ,when eventually i got to pass i glansed in to see a granny texting,couldnt belive it!

shaywest wrote: »
    easy! pissing rain late sunday evening ,m50 ,getting dark, cars diving left and right trying to pass a little kia doing about 20kmh ,when eventually i got to pass i glansed in to see a granny texting,couldnt belive it!

She could have been using her PDA/XDA Sat Nav to find the best way home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

craichoe wrote: »
    Yip, hard to beat that guy alright.
    He should have been in jail tho. 27 previous and a 20 year ban for driving already under his belt with 3 drink driving offences? Who gave him the car?
    What moran left him drive a car? He obviously cannot look after himself. The state needs a big plug for these holes in our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Yip, hard to beat that guy alright.
    He should have been in jail tho. 27 previous and a 20 year ban for driving already under his belt with 3 drink driving offences? Who gave him the car?
    What moran left him drive a car? He obviously cannot look after himself. The state needs a big plug for these holes in our society.

+1

But sure it's Ireland, motoring offences aren't taken seriously till you kill someone!

Take the guy above (with the 20 year ban), if he showed up at a garda check point today and said he had no licence on him, he'd be told to produce within 10 days and allowed proceed, its mad really.

There's a lot to be said for the zero tolerance approach in other countries like canada, if people know they can't even get away with a "rolling stop" they definitely know they won't get away with anything bigger...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

going home from work monday night on the M7
    heavy traffic but moving at 80kmph. i was in the inside lane (but lanes were bumper to bumper)- some idiot comes flying up the hard shoulder at least 100kmph, in a fecking 99-D-...... starlet.

also this was around 6pm so was getting Dark.
    we were not even close to a slip road - so he/she could not use that as an excuse.

3102derek wrote: »
    going home from work monday night on the M7
    heavy traffic but moving at 80kmph. i was in the inside lane (but lanes were bumper to bumper)- some idiot comes flying up the hard shoulder at least 100kmph, in a fecking 99-D-...... starlet.

also this was around 6pm so was getting Dark.
    we were not even close to a slip road - so he/she could not use that as an excuse.

Imagine your car was broken down 1km up the road and you and a helpful driver were pushing it into the hard shoulder. The car would not stop in time and plow over the lot. That driver will eventually get what is coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Hmmm...
    I dunno about perfect. Were either of her indicators on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

milltown wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    I dunno about perfect. Were either of her indicators on?
    Don't think so. So maybe its more of a straight than a full house :D I've seen her around town before and another of her tricks is taking the inside lane for the fourth exit of roundabout. She really is the most consistently dangerous clueless ****head I've ever seen. Think its time i reported this clown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

craichoe wrote: »

Two things irritate the hell out of me in cases like this. The court gave him a fifteen year ban when he had already been banned for twenty years in 2007. So essentially it seems, he will now be able to driive again in 2023 instead of 2027 -- a reduction of 4 years. Then, having killed two people by sheer madness and indifference to the welfare of others, we are given the sob story of his poor, disadvantaged youth. Does that upbringing mean that he has no concept of responsibility to others and no idea that driving while both banned and drunk out of his skull might be wrong? If the answer is yes, then he should be permanently locked away in a mental institution. If no then he should go to jail for murder for the rest of his miserable life. How in God's name can locking him away for 8 years less remission give "closure" to the victim's families?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was undertaken on the N7 last night (guy used the hard shoulder, with 2 lanes to my right free) while driving using his PARKING LIGHTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tauren wrote: »
    Was undertaken on the N7 last night (guy used the hard shoulder, with 2 lanes to my right free) while driving using his PARKING LIGHTS.

Ooooooh, was he using his phone?
    If so, he'd be pushing for top points.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ooooooh, was he using his phone?
    If so, he'd be pushing for top points.
    Nah, he'd have to be wearing a hat of some sort as well, preferably a cloth flat cap, to qualify for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Don't think so. So maybe its more of a straight than a full house :D I've seen her around town before and another of her tricks is taking the inside lane for the fourth exit of roundabout. She really is the most consistently dangerous clueless ****head I've ever seen. Think its time i reported this clown

I had a middle aged woman do that to me in Templeogue the other day. I was going right (3rd exit) . There are 2 lanes going onto the roundabout so naturally I head for the right lane (I was behind her on the single lane road up to that. Nothing was on the roundabout so she went straight onto it without me actually getting alongside here before we went on, luckily enough becaus ewheindicates right as she heads all the way round to go to the 3rd exit aswell. I gave her the benifit of the doubt that maybe she realised she was going the worng way but then she pulled into a house about 100 yards after the roundabout. Stupid bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

+1

But sure it's Ireland, motoring offences aren't taken seriously till you kill someone!

Take the guy above (with the 20 year ban), if he showed up at a garda check point today and said he had no licence on him, he'd be told to produce within 10 days and allowed proceed, its mad really

The UK use the 10 day produce aswell so it's not really a time to trot out the "only in Ireland" -isms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ART6 wrote: »
    Two things irritate the hell out of me in cases like this. The court gave him a fifteen year ban when he had already been banned for twenty years in 2007. So essentially it seems, he will now be able to driive again in 2023 instead of 2027 -- a reduction of 4 years. Then, having killed two people by sheer madness and indifference to the welfare of others, we are given the sob story of his poor, disadvantaged youth. Does that upbringing mean that he has no concept of responsibility to others and no idea that driving while both banned and drunk out of his skull might be wrong? If the answer is yes, then he should be permanently locked away in a mental institution. If no then he should go to jail for murder for the rest of his miserable life. How in God's name can locking him away for 8 years less remission give "closure" to the victim's families?:mad:

I totally agree with this. How his past had any influence on what he did to those people and their families is beyond belief. If he had kicked these two people to death, or raped them, he would have had a longer jail sentence. Why does committing a crime behind the wheel of a car make it any less severe in jail terms? He should be prosecuted for two counts of man-slaughter and sent to prison for the rest of his life. 8 years, what a joke. Makes me sick to think of how their families must be feeling after that ruling :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

fella in a transit reading a nuts mag, steering with his knees, doing around 40ish ( 30 zone )

close me thinks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Woman driver in a 'townie tank', crosses a continuous white line drives straight at me, forces me to move over so she can pass on my inside before parking facing the wrong way, on a double yellow line opposite a continuous white line, with two wheels on the kerb....and yes, she was on the phone at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Woman in the people carrier tonight who was in the joining lane on the M50 at Ballinteer. Couldn't wait to join at the coorect place and crossed the chamfered area, right in front of a Garda 4x4. Stupid bint didn't even pull over when the blue lights came on, Gard had to lean on the horn to get her to pull over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Who gave him the car?
    What moran left him drive a car?

Im not saying what he did wasnt atrocious, but he's 27 years old, old enough to make his own decisions (albeit a bad one) You cant blame someone else for giving him a car, just because he was stupid enough to drive it whilst out of his mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

I passed some dopey bint on the N11 around 1pm today. She was doing about 70km/h, had a fag hanging out of her mouth, a earphone in her right ear yet holding a phone up to her left ear and having a chat ?? Totally oblivious to everything around her.
    Oh to have been a copper.

Drax wrote: »
    Oh to have been a copper.

All I want is one day in the Traffic Corps with my own patrol car. God help the first person I pull over. It would be "every dog has its day"

On the sarsfield roundabout today just after 10am, I was in the left lane heading towards the bandon road roundabout. An absolute moron in a black jeep in the right lane that goes towards wilton suddenly cut across me and flew up sarsfield road.
    Missed me by inches. If your on here I was the guy on the motorbike that you barely avoided killing and you are an fcuking cnut of the highest order.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Can I have a rant too?

Last night coming home on the Merrion road - bumper to bumper all the way.

One guy in a VW golf (what else) a few cars behind me sprints up in the inside lane (which turns into a bus lane) then wants to filter in ahead of me - I hold my ground because, while I totally agree with alternative car filtering where appropriate, I don't think it applies where a guy just races up a bus lane and wants to get back in. BUT this guy pushes in in front of me almost grazing my car - opens his window and shouts at me. I held back and let him in - though steaming. A couple of 100 yards further up he does the same again with the bus lane and again pushes in front of another reluctant driver. Net effect - he gets home 30 seconds earlier than he would have - at least two drivers suffering high blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

I was driving today, and I saw a car take a left turn!!!! I was ****** outraged!!!!!!

re the golf doing that, that's the worst I find because they are so ignorant. You actually want to floor it right into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Dyflin wrote: »
    Woman in the people carrier tonight who was in the joining lane on the M50 at Ballinteer. Couldn't wait to join at the coorect place and crossed the chamfered area, right in front of a Garda 4x4. Stupid bint didn't even pull over when the blue lights came on, Gard had to lean on the horn to get her to pull over :rolleyes:

Someone did that to me one morning. I was doing 100kph at the time and she swerved out without indicating and literally was within 2 feet in front of me.
    She was driving slower than I was so I had to swerve. I didn't have time to check over my shoulder and see if there was anyone on the other side of me. There was, but luckily they had seen what happened and they moved over for me. They probably heard me scream, I honestly nearly crapped myself.

Then yesterday evening I was at a crossroads. A bus was on the left of the junction and was turning right in front of me. Unfortunately he cut the corner and I had to reverse out of his way or else he would have driven into me. He missed me by a hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Was walking into a hotel with my jetlagged sister who had just arrived from Australia this morning. Suddenly a jeep pulls in near us, does a U-turn way too fast, mounts the kerb almost taking her out and drives off without a look in his mirror. He could have broken her legs.

To make up for it we were on O'Connell Street in Limerick later on and there's an unmarked Garda car parked outside Penney's. Now anyone who knows the area will know there are rarely any cars parked there, and the Garda car was the ONLY car there at the time. Anyway, guy in a very similar jeep as earlier reverses up to park and smacks right into the Garda car. Again, I must stress that there were no other cars there expect the Garda car and he managed to reverse into it. I stood for a good ten minutes unashamedly watching, it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

All I want is one day in the Traffic Corps with my own patrol car. God help the first person I pull over. It would be "every dog has its day"
    You and me both!
    I'd be like Judge Dredd!
    cover-dreddA.jpg

Advertisement