Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full House of bad driving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Sitting at the lights at PJ Carrolls at Dundalk, one of the busiest junctions in the northeast (it connects Dundalk to the M1). There's a huge yellow square about 20 metres long on the ground before you actually get to the lights to allow big artic' trucks to get through the junction.

So i was sitting two cars back, all in all about 30 metres from the lights because of the yellow square. The last car went across our path (on the primary road) and our lights turned green a few seconds later. So it takes a good 2 seconds for the first car to get going and passes across the junction about 5 seconds later.
    The next car (the car in front of me) THANK GOD was a fair few seconds behind him, because all of a sudden, a big jeep came TEARING through the junction at well over 80kmph on the primary road! It was one of those times where you just think "did i imagine that?!". The poor fella/woman in front of me must have shat themselves, whoever the jeep was went through his own lights AT LEAST 5 seconds late.

That could have been something we'd have nightmares about for years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

S.I.R wrote: »
    fella in a transit reading a nuts mag, steering with his knees, doing around 40ish ( 30 zone )

close me thinks....

Could have a winner here.....the whole transit/nuts magazine thing scores extra cliche points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

kbannon wrote: »
    You and me both!
    I'd be like Judge Dredd!
    cover-dreddA.jpg

Me sees possibilities for making some overtime :pac:

300 euro per day and you can do my job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

My old house mate was driving from Galway to Headford one evening a few years back. He noticed smoke coming from the back wheels of the car in front of him and being the good Samaritan he flashed his lights at the car in front to pull over. It eventually got the message and stopped. Mate went up the drivers door and asked the lady did she know about the smoke? Yes came the reply and the car seems very sluggish too. Its like there is something holding it back. At this point my mate seen her handbrake was fully engaged and asked the obvious question. She went very very red.....

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Stekelly wrote: »
    The UK use the 10 day produce aswell so it's not really a time to trot out the "only in Ireland" -isms.

Correct. The difference is that the UK police can (and do) call the DVLA at Swansea to check if you have a licence. They are using the producer less and less these days. They also have all insurance details on the Police national computer so can tell if a driver is insured or not. Furthermore, driving unaccompanied in the UK automatically invalidates your insurance so the police seize the vehicle - the same applies to driving without a licence as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm constantly amazed more people aren't killed or badly injured with each passing day.

Last week I was joining the M50 southbound coming from the N4. Now many of you will know that there are two lanes that join the M50 from the N4 - the merging lane and the auxiliary lane. I was in the merging lane and as soon as I got to the bottom of the turn off the N4 I sped up to merge as quickly as possible. Had a look in the mirrors, checked the blind spot and proceeded to merge onton the inside lane of the M50. However, some stupid bint was in the auxiliary lane then decided at 60kmph to drift out of that lane, right across my lane and also across into the middle lane of the M50. No indicating of course. I was doing nearly 100kmph at the time and a guy in the middle lane (who had moved there to allow me to merge) was doing the same speed.

Cue massive slamming on of brakes from both of us as the stupid cow then tootles up the middle lane at 60kmph. Both of us sat on the horn and as I then overtook her she turned to look at me with a massive scowl on her face and I can see her mouth "I have CHILDREN in the car!" .... eh... whatever!!! Stop puting their lives in danger then! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

peanuthead wrote: »
    Im not saying what he did wasnt atrocious, but he's 27 years old, old enough to make his own decisions (albeit a bad one) You cant blame someone else for giving him a car, just because he was stupid enough to drive it whilst out of his mind!!
    I understand that, but I was more heading towards the "system" failure for a person with so many convictions, more that likely with no income, how he came to driving a car with no licence and no insurance. Apparently, he had just bought the car the that day I think.
    Anyway, yes, if a criminal can walk into a car sales office and buy a car without any insurance or licence, so can he. There just isn't any restrictions when buying a car and driving off into the sunset, or is there?

Advertisement