Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value this for me?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

i'd imagine the seat is worth about 3-4k max

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'd say it's about as desirable as a dose of the clap. The market for supermini estates is next to non existant, add in road tax at €560 a year (and rising) despite the meagre 68bhp and a 0-60 time best measured with a calender. SDI - slowly does it;) You'd struggle to move something like that on at the best of times. Don't take it at any money unless you're shifting something even worse and even then €2k max.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

whatever its worth you would never sell it not in a million years!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hmmm. For this to make sense i'd be needing to get somewhere between €3,000 and €4,000 for the Seat. Can anyone in the trade tell me what a trader might pay for the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote: »
    Hmmm. For this to make sense i'd be needing to get somewhere between €3,000 and €4,000 for the Seat.

Care to tell us more about what kind of deal you are setting up?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Care to tell us more about what kind of deal you are setting up?
    PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

if you get 3 or 4 k for the seat its either coz they have loads to play arund with in the car your buying, or your buying a car they cant shift....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I hope you like the colour because if you take that you're going to be looking at out the window for quite a while. The ad says PRICE JUST SLASHED. What were they asking for before? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Are you a trader? If not why are you thinking of taking this? You would be better knock the price of your car and get rid of it straight.

A garage would have a good few pounds built into there price to allow for trade in so they would offer the owner a reasonable figure but if you had your car adverted for sale with a straight price and are now considering taking this, you are snookered and could only offer them €2,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

The most used phrase I've heard over the last two months is, "its worth what it will sell for"... Your Glass's Guide and book value seems to have gone out the window...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Don't agree to this deal without an exit strategy - who you're going to pass the car on to.

Do you know anyone in the industry who could do an introduction to a few local traders for you? Get them to value/commit to it before you go back to your customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Hmmm. For this to make sense i'd be needing to get somewhere between €3,000 and €4,000 for the Seat. Can anyone in the trade tell me what a trader might pay for the car?

1000-1500 quid. offered several and laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭sk8board

Hi all,

I've been offered this as a trade-in on a car i'm selling. How much could I reasonably expect to get for it?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/SEAT/Cordoba/vario-1./200842190446452/advert

As for the advert, 6.5k seems very high for a (soon to be) 7yo Cordoba.

The cordoba has always been notoriously hard to shift, even in the good days. For that money you could have the Focus estate or something similar. Looks like an entry-level model too.
    I'd nearly advise walking away from that as a trade-in, unless its a fairly high-value car you are selling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

knock a 0 off the price and try selling it on for €1k.

It's even more undesirable than a Yaris Verso:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Car is worth far from 6500. But as they say, different strokes for different folks. A trader won't give you a good value for that, as i don't think any will be interested in it. What kinda figures are you working around.

In my own opinion, besides the fact the car is diesel and has a 2 year nct it hasn't got much going for it. And if it's an Sdi, it's going to be alot less desirable as it's an old, underpowered engine.

No alloys
    Esate
    Old model etc etc.

As there are only 5 Cordoba estates on carzone, and this is another 02 petrol for half the price. This is a diesel saloon that you would definitely buy for 4250 cash deal, so you would have to ask yourself why would some one buy the estate for much more?

In the end, the cordoba didn't sell well, it's an estate which barely even sold, and if it's an Sdi it's an awful engine. As above, i'd say you could be looking at it for awhile. If you want to pm what your selling etc. and i can have a look and see what it would worth. After that it's up to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

€1600 tops!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd say 1000 max and that's if it's worth a 1000 to you as it will never sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

See it's very easy say €1600 or even €1000, imagine the lad who's selling the car hearing that price if he's asking 6500 (which we know is over priced). It has to sound appealing to the customer or else there's no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You have to trade it in in the knowledge you might have to keep it forever. If you're in the market for a cheap, disposable (ultimately..), hack, then it's worth what you'll pay hack money for. So, irrespective of make/condition/mileage, you might decide you'd only spend, say 1.5k-2k on a hack, in which case, that's all this car is worth.

Mind you, down the road, if you're trading something valuable away, it's going to depreciate a lot, lot less - for the simple reason it's so near to zero, anyway.

Look at it this way - I was offered a mint cond Xsara 1.4 estate this eve, for Eur 1400..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Around €1,500. who wants:
    to tax a 1.9?
    to have an SDI engine?

They're quite a rare car, how many of them have you been offered S.I.R, I've never even appraised one as a trade in never mind being offered several of them!

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately the deal fell apart yesterday when the potential purchaser had his purse 'welded shut' by his OH. Shame, as he seemed like a very genuine guy - I would have liked my car to go to him.

What are you selling??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Unfortunately the deal fell apart yesterday

I'm sorry to hear it.

Thanks everyone for the input. Unfortunately the deal fell apart yesterday when the potential purchaser had his purse 'welded shut' by his OH. Shame, as he seemed like a very genuine guy - I would have liked my car to go to him.

That'll come back to haunt him. I bet that's how he ended up with that sh1tty Seat too.

My dad takes a similar tact that on holidays when he's buying electronics. The "big boss" as the "foridners" call her gives him a few hundred quid after he pics what he wants and then effs off, so yer man has the choice to sell at the price or lose the deal.

Try meeting him at €14,500 straight deal?? You'd end up with that in real terms if you gave anywhere above €3k for the Seat.

Funny you should say that, he told me he got lumbered with the Seat when he sold his camper van. I'm sure losing the Seat is a fair-sized part of the attraction of buying my car! He just can't afford to lay out any more than €10k in cash at the moment, so unless he actually manages to get strong money for the Seat i'm afraid we're going to have to let this one go.

@unkel - Thanks, I guess it's something we're all going to have to get used to. Oh to be a buyer rather than a seller...

Advertisement