Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[REQ] Adhesive removal

Options
  • 06-11-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

I had some genuine Toyota wind deflectors fitted to my Landcruiser, after a repair job, one fell off and I was given a pair of Clim-air ones to replace them.
    Now the Originals were stuck on to the door with double sided adhesive tape that was stronger than anything I have seen so far.
    pulling the old one off was easy but the glue remains on the door, I have tried using xylene to melt the glue and it works but doesn't take the residue off easily as it balls up like super sticky snot.
    Any ideas on making it easier?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I had some genuine Toyota wind deflectors fitted to my Landcruiser, after a repair job, one fell off and I was given a pair of Clim-air ones to replace them.
    Now the Originals were stuck on to the door with double sided adhesive tape that was stronger than anything I have seen so far.
    pulling the old one off was easy but the glue remains on the door, I have tried using xylene to melt the glue and it works but doesn't take the residue off easily as it balls up like super sticky snot.
    Any ideas on making it easier?

Try using some Diesel, good for removing sticky crap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Diesel stinks though and you have to wash the oil off afterwards.
    I wonder would white spirits work? Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Petrol is also good for removing stuff like that also!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

miceal wrote: »
    Petrol is also good for removing stuff like that also!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thanks for the tips, after a bit of research WD40 is recommended by a lot of places.
    I will see how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Try Tar Remover .... Worked a treat for me for the same prob ;)

Advertisement